Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Who Are You...?

A girl named Aiko gets her prayers answered. But it isn't what she expected. (sry about the italics at the end!)

Chapter 1 - Who Are You...?

Chapter 1 - Who Are You...?
"Hi Kyle," Aiko said sweetly as she twirled her fingers around her blonde hair. Her blue eyes gazed longingly at Kyle's hazel ones, wishing he would respond. It had happened a few times before, but it never ended the way it was supposed to.

As predicted, Kyle mumbled, "Hey," and walked off to talk to his friend, Chris. Chris always got so much more attention from everybody, not just Kyle. It made Aiko so irritated that she punched the wall. She whimpered in pain as her knuckles throbbed. For an old auditorium, the walls held up well.

"Positions, people!" Mrs. Phillips called as she walked down the auditorium steps. Aiko got in her position and waited as Kyle opened the musical. It was RENT, and she played Mimi, the druggie. Kyle played Mark, the filmmaker. Chris played Roger, the ex-junkie, wanna-be rock star. As Mimi, Aiko had to KISS Chris. How unfair was that? And some girl named Danielle got to kiss Kyle, and it wasn't even supposed to be meaningful. But she milked that kiss and tried to turn it into a scene all by itself.

God, please help me help Kyle realize how much we love each other, Aiko prayed silently every day. You know what they say: Be careful what you pray for (or something like that).

*
**
***
****
*****
******
*******
********
*******
*****
****
***
**
*

3 hours later, Aiko sat at home on her bed, reading the latest TeenPeople. She was trying to find out if she and Kyle were a good match (like she needed a magazine to tell her that!). As she laid there listening to T.A.T.U., she heard a sudden noise.

Thump.

She jumped about three feet in the air. "Who's there?" she demanded. Then she heard a child crying, followed by several, "I messed up!"s. Aiko looked in the corner of her room, and saw a little girl, no older than eight, rubbing her eyes and crying. She had shoulder-length blonde hair in pigtails with clips the shapes of hearts, and a short pink dress with a heart cut out around her abdomen. She had cute little pink shoes that laced up like ballerina slippers. The strange thing was: the little girl had little pink wings.

"Aw, Kyra, don't cry," said a voice coming from no particular direction. In the blink of an eye, another girl, this one about Aiko's age, appeared. Her hair was long, dark brown, and she had Latin-American skin and deep brown eyes. She had a white tube top with pink lace, and a long pink skirt tied at her waist.


"Who are you people?" Aiko asked in bewilderment.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment