Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Saint Valentines

Feeling sad and unwanted after the birth of her younger sister, a ten year old Cassandra finds solace only in her dreams; dreams of a magical realm far from her own. Dreams of a Fae...

Chapter 2 - Saint Valentines

Chapter 2 - Saint Valentines
Disclaimer: Well, no reviews, but oh well. Im having fun writing this, and thats enough for me. Though reviews WOULD be nice& *hint hint* *cough* Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

Authors Note: Just to let everyone know, each chapter is a different year until later on in the story. Whereas Cassandra was ten in the last chapter, she is eleven in this chapter and so on and so forth. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------

SOLACE IN HER DREAMS

By Amaria

---------------------------------------

Chapter Two: Saint Valentines



So one is wise to choose one well, and chocolates to resist. For in the midst of mania, it's nice to have one near, the teacher looked up at her grade six class, smiling at their bored faces, and that was the poem A Valentine is Nothing Like, written by Rory Dall O'Caghan. That concludes our look at valentines poetry, and now is time for our valentines party! smiling at the cheers this elicited from her students, Mrs. Morgan moved to the side of the room and flicked on the small radio that sat there.



You may now exchange your cards and enjoy the goodies, the majority of the class rushed from their seats, moving around the room and sticking cards into their friends card baskets. Cassandra watched this from her seat, having already thrown her pile of cards in the garbage on her way into the classroom. She hadnt wanted to give out any cards; it had been her mother whom had insisted that she give one to everybody in the class, once more failing at her attempt to get her daughter to become more social. Couldnt she understand that her daughter was a bookworm and planned on staying like that?



Probably not, the eleven year old mused, rolling silvery grey orbs. She wished that the day would just end; she wanted to go home and see Jareth. Cassandra perked slightly at the thought of her Fae friend. It had been a little over a year since the first dream, but shed continued to have it every night, always different, but always in the same beautiful glade, and always with the company of Jareth. He wore different outfits every night, always very princely. It had made Cassandra feel a bit awkward at first, she wearing only normal pjs, but he had assured her that her attire looked fine.



Cassandra hadnt changed much physically, except for growing about an inch in height. Her hair was slightly darker, and shed cut it back to her chin, but otherwise she was the same as she had been at ten. Shed gotten her ears pierced while out with her older cousin (her parents had flipped, but she loved having pierced ears), but, once more, the changes were minimal. There was absolutely no change at home; her parents still ignored her in favor of Caroline, but it didnt bother her as much anymore. She had Jareth there for her when she slept, and that made her feel much better.



Glancing at the boy sitting next to her, Cassandra grinned. Jeff had been her good friend since hed switched schools the year before, and though he was quite hyper and weird when in the company of friends, at school he was as shy as Cass herself. Currently, the brunette sat with a small valentine clutched tightly in his hands, staring down at it anxiously.



You look like youre gonna pass out Jeff, she commented dryly, standing and moving to stand in front of his desk, slamming her hands down on the surface causing him to jump, ready?



No, he gulped, swallowing deeply, no, Im not. I cant do this Cass. I just cant&



Jeff, her tone turned dark, and he shivered when she glared, youve wanted to do this for months! Youve been planning for ages! You cant back out now, you chicken.



But&



Look, she cut him off, sighing, Im good at reading people, right? And Ive been friends with Jenny for longer then I have been with you, and I can tell when she likes someone. And she likes you, and you like her, so you better not back out of this!



Jeff sighed, his shoulders slumping in defeat, Im gonna kill you if youre wrong&



Smiling again, Cassandra grabbed her friend by the arm and dragged him towards the teacher, looking up at her innocently.



We need to deliver some valentines to Mr. Shrindlers class; is that ok Mrs. Morgan? the teacher smiled down at the kids, nodding.



Go ahead.



Thank you! pulling Jeff out the door and down the hall, she ignored his mumbling as they wound their way through the halls and towards Jennys class, finally reaching the door. The blonde looked back at her friend, raising an eyebrow when she noticed he was sweating, Would you just relax? Jeez&



Turning and releasing his hand, Cassandra knocked on the door, waiting and smiling politely when Mr. Shrindler opened the door, the sound of partying coming from behind him.



Sorry to disturb you, Mr. Shrindler, but can Jenny please come outside for a sec? she asked, the teacher nodding and disappearing back into the room. A few seconds later, a petite blonde with blue eyes exited the class, smiling at the sight of her friends.



Hey Cass, hey Jeff, whats up? she greeted, flushing slightly and keeping her gaze away from Jeff. Cassandra grinned.



Jeff has something to give you, she piped, then turned and sprinted off down the hallway, Ill be back!



She skid to a stop around a corner, just within ear shot. Cassandra stood silently, listening to the conversation going on around the corner.



What did you want to give me Jeff?



U-um& well& here& Cassandra heard the stutter in his voice, and the gasp when Jenny took the valentine, I-I like you a lot, Jenny&



A pause.



I l-like you to, Jeff, Cassandra silently jumped for joy, smiling much like a cat. Her job was done.



XXXXXXXXXXXXXX



Im home! closing the front door behind her, Cassandra hurriedly kicked off her shoes and coat, then headed through the living room.



Casseh! Caroline squealed at the sight of her sibling, tossing a pile of pink and red cards up into the air, look how meneh vawentines cards I gots!



Carolines so popular, Leeanna cooed, coming into the kitchen and scooping up her daughter, sending a disappointed look Cassandras way, if only her sister could achieve that as well&



Feeling the usual stab of pain that accompanied her mothers hurtful words, the eleven year old simply turned and headed up the stairs to the sanctuary of her bedroom. She finished her homework quickly, watching Inuyasha when it came on and hurrying downstairs to gulp down her dinner before once more retreating. Cassandra read until roughly nine oclock, then, grinning, she went to bed, drifting off quickly.



XXXXXXXXXXXXXX



So, what is the point of this& Valentines Day of yours? Jareth questioned the small girl sitting on his lap, absently chewing on a blade of grass. The two were sitting on the boulder where Cassandra had first spotted Jareth the year before, and had become a favorite place for the two to talk. The girl had filled him in on the happenings of the day, but the Fae prince was still having some difficulty understanding the concept behind the day.



I told you already, Jareth, Cassandra sighed, turning to face the prince, its a day when people gives gifts and candy to the one they like. It generally helps getting relationships going, the Fae nodded, trying to understand everything that the child had just said.



Finally, he asked So& its like a first step in courting?



Yes! she exclaimed, happy he was finally understanding, thats exactly what its like!



Finding her smile to be contagious, Jareth grinned down at the little girl, and what of you, little one? Do you have a valentine?



Cassandra blinked, then shook her head, shrugging, Nope.



Jareth frowned slightly, Why not? Youre a pretty girl, youd think some of those boys would be after you,



The blonde blushed slightly, but simply shrugged again, Oh well, doesnt really matter. Most of the guys in my grade are idiots anyways, Jareth laughed at this, Cassandra joining in, her cheeks still flushed slightly.



She sighed when she felt the pulls of reality, wishing she could spend more time with her Fae friend, Im waking up again,



Aye, I can tell, Jareth commented, watching her once more becoming transparent, I will see you tomorrow night Cassandra,



Night! she replied just before disappearing completely, leaving the Fae smiling wryly to himself. Humans were such strange creatures.



XXXXXXXXXXXXXX



Weeeee another chapter done, yippee! Hope you all enjoyed!



Amariahellcat







Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment