Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter One: Through the Portal

The Faeriestone is a jewel of unimaginable power, given to the royal family of Gaia to protect. When the stone is stolen, one faerie warrior follows the thief... OC/Rei, OC/OC pairings, DON’T LIKE DON’T READ!

Chapter 1 - Chapter One: Through the Portal

Chapter 1 - Chapter One: Through the Portal
Disclaimer: Guess who’s back, back again, ‘Maria’s back, tell a friend, guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back… I’m BACK! Hello again people! I hope at least some of you remember me! XD Long absence, eh? Oh well, I’m back now and yah XD I’m back with a brand new story!!! Woot! As I posted in my note in War of The Elements, that story is dead and will more then likely be deleted soon, but I’m working on this now! XD Faeriestone focuses around a few certain OC’s and a few main characters from Beyblade, so you can’t say I didn’t warn you back I just did! If you don’t like OC/Canon character pairings then don’t read! Flames will be used to cook marshmallows and the like! XD Thank you!

Authors Note: I own all the original characters in this story, so please don’t steal them! Beyblade characters belong to whoever it was that created Beyblade (I can never remember the name…), so no sueing!

Summary: The Faeriestone is a jewel of unimaginable power, given to the royal family of Gaia to protect. When the stone is stolen, one faerie warrior follows the thief through a portal and winds up in the human realm. Meeting with and unintentionally becoming involved with one of the former blade breakers, Cassandrai must find the stone while keeping secrets of her own under wraps. With friends and enemies alike appearing from Gaia, how is a faerie supposed to keep things under control while also keeping a sadistic sister from succeeding in her attempt to seduce away a certain blader? OC/Rei, OC/OC pairings, DON’T LIKE DON’T READ!

---------------------------
FAERIESTONE
By Amariahellcat
---------------------------

Chapter One: Through the Portal

The Faeriestone sat on a glowing marble pedestal in the centre or a circular, marble room. The floor and ceiling were white marble with chips of diamond, glittering in the pale light cast through the skylight by the silvery full moon. Portraits hung from the perfectly smooth walls showed scenes of beautiful people enjoying the natural beauty of the country of Gaia, portraying the previous faerie royalty from years past. Smaller marble pedestals stood in a ring around the walls, a glowing Fairylight (1) hovering just over the surfaces. The Faeriestone itself, a large stone of emerald cut and opalescent
In colour.

The thief took all of this into account as he surveyed the room from his self-created platform, hovering high above the stone and the floor. Covered in black, one would think him a simple wraith at first glance. Perhaps that’s what he was, but he kept his true self well hidden despite. Blood red eyes gazed out from two holes in his black face cover, taking in every little inch of the room. Marble everywhere; he could not begin to comprehend what the faeries saw in such a bright and useless substance, his eyes burning at just a glance of the stuff.

‘Shrika’s(2),’ he muttered mentally, ‘These faeries are truly idiots to leave this stone unguarded,’ dropping suddenly from his platform, the thief drifted lazily towards the ground but stopped about three feet from touching it, floating over towards the stone. It shone up at him from its place on a white, feathered pillow, tempting him to take it. A sadistic grin spread across his lips underneath his mask, gloved hand reaching out to grab the stone. In one movement he had swiped it from the cushion and held it in his hand, staring at the opalescent crystal in hungry admiration.

A sudden shrieking wail jerked him from his self satisfaction, the Fairylights around him changing from their previous calming blue to spiked red and orange, sending out shrieks of alert to the palace guards. The thief cursed, releasing his hovering spell and dropping unceremoniously to the ground, racing for the doors. He burst through just as the guards reached the entrance, sending them flying back with a spell and hurtling down the hall.

Hearing shouts behind him, the thief swerved through several different hallways, eventually getting out of ear shot of the guards. Smirking when he met no further resistance, he swerved around a corner and cursed out loud when a sudden spell hit him from the right and sent him hurtling backwards against the wall. A hand was suddenly clamped down around his throat, and the thief gasped, eyes popping open to glare heatedly at his sub doer. The hand around his throat was encased in a fingerless orange glove, delicate blue claws tipping the slender fingers. Following the arm, he met a bracelet of glimmering metal and continued up, looking over her outfit (jeans under a cream coloured skirt and coupled a pink and white shirt bearing a dragon insignia), he somehow managed to miss the glittering jewel resting just between her breasts and only saw the smaller, less glittery one fitted around her neck.

Eventually, his gaze reached her head, taking in the blonde hair pulled into wild, feathered buns and moving over the pointed ears, eventually meeting narrowed eyes surrounded by blue markings; one a sky blue in colour, and the other silvery grey.

“Baka (3),” the faerie spat, raising an eyebrow at her captive, “you really thought the stone wasn’t guarded by anything?”

“It’s a mistake I don’t plan on making again,” the thief growled, summoning a spell.

“I can’t see you making any more mistakes in the near future,” she said simply, holding out the hand that wasn’t holding him, “Hand over the stone.”

“Vrisha! (4)” the faerie barely managed to jump away, avoiding the spell the thief had summoned. No longer being held, the wraith took off down the hallway, looking back only once to see the faerie in hot pursuit. Swearing again, the wraith sent several dark spells back at the girl, but she dodged them all, slowly gaining on him. Skidding around a corner, he cursed again when he saw a brigade of guards awaiting him and pulled out a seal, sliding the Faeriestone into a pouch at the same time. Shouting a spell, he tossed the seal into the air, a black portal forming. He jumped forwards and disappeared into it.

Cassandrai skidded around the corner seconds later, just barely catching sight of him disappearing into the portal before it slowly began to close. Gritting her teeth, she pushed herself harder, running as fast as she could. The captain of the guards saw her coming and saw where she was headed, his eyes widening in panic.

“Cassandrai! Don’t!” Too late he shouted, watching helplessly as the girl vaulted forwards and leapt into the portal just as it closed, sealing off the thief’s escape route. The captain and his guards stared at the spot where the portal had been for several moments before snapping out of their daze. Calling up a speaking mirror, the Captain sighed, rubbing his forehead wearily.

“Talon, inform the king and queen that the stone has been taken to the human world, and send for Evil Bamboo and his crew. Cassandrai followed him through the portal.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX


“Mariah, I’m tired, we’ve been shopping all day…”

“But Rei, we haven’t even hit half the shops I want to go to!”

Rei sighed, doing his best to keep himself from snapping at the pink haired girl. He ran a clawed hand through his hair, closing his eyes and allowing himself a moment of peace. Ignoring Mariah’s whining was easy; he had years of practice. Now eighteen, he had ‘retired’ from professional Beyblade tournaments and had returned to his home town, White Tiger Hills. To keep himself busy, he had begun to work for locals when they needed extra help, earning some money that he put away for when it would be needed.

His beloved bit beast, Driger, was kept locked on a small necklace he’d had made, and always worn around his neck. His wardrobe had remained relatively the same, still Chinese shirts, pants and shoes with black finger less gloves and his tradition red yin-yang bandanna. Rei had kept his hair long, and it remained tied back with a white wrap. Though he’d grown in height and had matured slightly, he looked almost exactly the same as he had at the end of the Beyblade tournaments when he was fifteen.

“Rei, are you listening to me?” opening his eyes and glancing at his companion, Rei looked her over. Hair still long and pink, Mariah had matured and become a beautiful young woman; a young woman whom Rei would only ever consider a sister. Problem; the elders seemed determined to get him and Mariah together. Why? Rei didn’t know. Why else would they have suggested that, when Rei told them he was taking a trip to Tokyo to see the former members of the Blade Breakers, he take Mariah along with him?

They didn’t seem to understand that he was going to hang out with his friends and didn’t want her tagging along, and in the end he had been forced to bring Mariah with him. Not only that, but they had arrived roughly three days before the date he was to meet Tyson, Kai, Max, Kenny, and Hilary, and so, he’d been forced to hang out solely with Mariah. The fact that she still liked him didn’t help anything, and she’d become a shop-a-holic as of late.

“Mariah, I’m worn out; lets sit down somewhere for a while,” the pink haired woman pouted, then consented with a nod, grabbing his hand and dragging him off towards a nearby park. She chatted incessantly as they entered the quiet area, bubbling for a reason Rei wasn’t aware of. The neko-jin glanced around, eyebrows creasing. The park was completely deserted.

“Mariah, hold on,” he stopped, the girl in turn forced to stop. He glanced around, a shiver going up his spine. Something was coming, and it wasn’t something good.

A sudden wind erupted from nowhere, swirling around the park causing Mariah to squeal and cling on to Rei’s arm. What looked like a black hole appeared in the center of the park, a swirling void of darkness. A black form leaped from its depths, red eyes staring at Rei and Mariah. Rei growled quietly, gently pushing Mariah behind him. Before the figure could move it hissed, its shoulder suddenly exposed and bleeding. Cursing in a strange language, it dove into the nearby bushes just as the void began to swirl again.

Another form sped from the void just as it closed, Rei staring at the winged girl as she landed on the ground, glancing around the area. Noticing the crescent shaped blade strapped across her back, Rei pushed Mariah into the bushes behind him when she glanced their way, her back stiffening suddenly.

Hearing a whizzing in the bushes near where the black creature had disappeared, Rei started when the girl suddenly sprinted forwards, her body crashing into his as she pushed him out of the way of what seemed like a lightning bolt. She growled and, grabbing the hilt of her blade, whipped it out and spun, the blade slicing through the small lightning imp who sizzled and disappeared. Rei stared at the girl standing in front of him, posed almost like a cat.

Mismatched eyes flicked around the park, her spine snapping straight suddenly, a growl emanating from her throat.

“COWARD!” she shouted suddenly, her voice falling on Rei’s ears like silk, “HOW DARE YOU ATTACK AN INNOCENT BYSTANDER TO DISTRACT ME THEN FLEE FOR YOUR LIFE! BASTARD!!”

“Rei!” Mariah ran out of the bushes, helping Rei to stand and then glaring at the winged girl’s back, “what did you do?!”

The blonde turned around, regarding them with a blank expression, “I’m sorry that you were attacked; that idiot has no sense of honor and would do anything to keep my from catching him, it seems,” she glanced around again, hands falling on her hips, her expression falling, “the portal has disappeared… it looks as though I’m stuck here until someone comes after me… not that I’d leave without catching that thief first anyways…” she mumbled, more to herself.

“Excuse me!” Mariah seethed, seeming ready to throw a hissy fit, “but what the hell is your problem? Who or what are you anyways?”

The girl blinked, then flashed them a small grin, “My name is Cassandrai; I’m a faerie.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Wooo finished the chapter! XD Hope you people enjoyed it! Please review! XD

PS: I’m making this into a comic as well, and the cover is up on my account, so go look! XD

Words you wouldn’t know in the chapter:
1. Fairylight- faeries and fairy’s are two different species, but that’ll be explained later on in the chapter. When a fairy dies, their body becomes a floating orb of light that can be used for, obviously, light, as well as security alarms.
2. Shrika’s- the wraith equivalent of ‘idiots’
3. Baka- Japanese word for idiot or stupid, adapted into faerie speak
4. Vrisha- wraith equivalent of the f word

Amariahellcat

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Pocky_PixieSticks_Anime on July 15, 2009, 9:22:55 AM

Pocky_PixieSticks_Anime on
Pocky_PixieSticks_Animethis is really cool and really interesting. i definitely like the portrayals of the characters. awesome story. i look forward to maybe reading more. =^_^= *gives pocky and pixie sticks*

em3042 on November 5, 2006, 11:30:13 AM

em3042 on
em3042wow thats really good! you write really well, descriptive!
please write more soon! =)