Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2-A new friend

Atem and Yugi are orphaned brothers, on the run from a madman. Tea has died and Atem has been moping for the past year. As he sinks further into depression, will he be able to help his brother defeat the madman?
(based on the book:"Eragon")

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2-A new friend

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2-A new friend
It was dark by the time Yugi had finished shopping at the market. Atem had strayed away from the village and was alone in the forest, quietly mourning his loss. Though it had been a year ago he still couldn’t think of anything but Tea. He dried his eyes, not wanting anyone to see him in this state.
“Are you the young man that Yugi has told me about?”
Atem gasped and looked up. Standing before him was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen, except for Tea. She had red hair in an unusual style of bun, wore a flowing white dress, had pointed ears, glittering blossom coloured eyes and unusually pale pink skin with an intricate pattern around her brow.

“Well? Oh, right, Yugi told me you don’t speak,” she blushed and stared down at her feet. “You’re. . . a lot more attractive than I thought you would be,”
Atem got to his feet.
“My name’s Helena,” the elf smiled. She held out a hand, then frowned. “What are you doing?”
Atem was glaring and swinging his sword. There was no one there, but the clanging of the silver could be heard. He gave a swift kick at the thing and a hooded figure was revealed. It hissed and drew its own sword. It had deep red skin and its left arm was a blade. The stench of death hovered over them as it lifted its hood. Its face was like something Dr. Frankenstein would have made. It was as tall as two men.

Helena shrieked. Atem grabbed the beast by the neck and rammed his knee into its gut. It roared and he was thrown off. He leapt onto its shoulders and pulled at its jaw. There was a terrible CRACK and the monster floundered. It now had a dislocated jaw and, to make matters worse, it was still alive! Atem shoved it to the ground and pierced its heart with his blade. He stepped backwards as it got back up. His eyes widened, and he yanked at the sword. It finally came free and he fell over. The half-dead monstrosity grabbed him and threw him about like a toddler with a toy.

Atem jumped to his feet. His sword was nowhere in sight. He snatched the beast's arms and kicked at its head. It choked and stiffened, then collapsed. Atem picked up his sword and wiped the blood off it before replacing it in its sheath. Yugi ran over. "Did you survive the Whisperer?"
"The what?" Helena said, peeking through the gaps between her fingers.
"That thing the Pharaoh just killed," he replied.
Atem nodded.
"Let's go before it comes back!" Helena squeaked.

Atem mounted Elfin, his huge golden dragon, that had a shine to her scales. He sat between the base of her neck and her wings. Helena loved every bit of him. She liked his voice, which was just about audible when he grunted with the force as he battled, she liked his hair, his eyes, even the way his Adam's apple stuck out. She stared at him. "I thought you would be all muscular and everything," she said. "You are skin and bones!"
"Lack of food," Yugi grunted. "It's like I told you, we can't afford it. The Pharaoh would get a job, but no one would accept him after what we've done. At the market, I spent what my brother stole from a baron,"

Atem dug his heels into Elfin's side. The dragon raised her huge golden wings and thrust them downwards. They shot into the air, leaving Helena and Yugi coughing in a cloud of dust. "His dragon..." coughed Helena. "It is..."
The dust cleared and she looked up. "The Winged Dragon of Ra!"
She gazed on at the mighty beast in awe.
"Yep!" Yugi nodded. "Well, you can ride Xanaha. Lets get going! The Pharaoh'll lead the way,"

Helena nodded and hopped onto the other horse. They galloped after Elfin, who stayed as close to the tree tops as possible. They stopped for the night in an opening at the centre of a cluster of trees. Yugi made a fire and Helena tied up the horses and made dinner. After a fine meal, darkness fell and it was time to go to sleep. Yugi put the fire out and curled up under his buckskin cover. Atem folded his arms, sitting on the grass and leaning against Elfin's belly. Silence.
Helena watched as sleep consumed him and he struggled to stay awake, until, finally, he fell asleep.

The sun rose, lighting up the pale blue sky. Elfin's wing was curved over Atem to keep him warm. He snored loudly. Elfin woke up and stretched her wings. Atem was sprawled across the grass, on his side. "I can't wake him up," Yugi said to Helena quietly. "He's never slept so well,"
Helena could see the dirt trapped in his nails and felt that they were more like tramps. Their hand were dirty, their clothes were dirty and a little ripped and they smelt dusty.


Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

perfectpureblood on February 5, 2007, 10:20:06 PM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpurebloodawesome!! Helena sounds so cool! but he can't get with her!! Tea is for him and him alone! will she come back?
love your ideas, as usual! love your description! and I adore the fight scene!! keep it up!! this ones gooood!! :D

yafoolin on February 5, 2007, 8:30:32 PM

yafoolin on
yafoolinthis is cool I just wish Téa would come back

fairywarrior on February 5, 2007, 1:15:41 AM

fairywarrior on
fairywarriorCool!! =^^= I like the new character! (even thoguh i wish Tea would all of a sudden come back to life and claim Yami as hers!! Sorry crazy fantasies taking over)

Great story cant wait for the next chapter! ^_^

BrazillianPaula13 on February 4, 2007, 8:31:44 PM

BrazillianPaula13 on
BrazillianPaula13Very nice! When you introduced Helena all I thought was, "There's gonna be a romance later on!" XD
Awesome story, as always.^-^

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on February 4, 2007, 5:26:59 PM

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on
HikariYugiYamiAtemucool story! ^^