Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3-Flashbacks and Poison

Atem and Yugi are orphaned brothers, on the run from a madman. Tea has died and Atem has been moping for the past year. As he sinks further into depression, will he be able to help his brother defeat the madman?
(based on the book:"Eragon")

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3-Flashbacks and Poison

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3-Flashbacks and Poison
Atem fell from Elfin and landed on a platform. He fuaght away the Whisperers and tried to find Tea. Elfin roared and tried to fold her wings to evade her rider's closest friend.She couldn't steer away. The arrow in her hind leg proved too painful. She crashed into Tea and slipped down to the platform below, exhausted. Tea's screams echoed down the dark canyon. It was as if time stood still. The final Whisperer perished and Atem was motionless. Suddenly, time began again. "Tea!" Atem exclaimed. He jumped down to the platform and found her body. she was bloodied and pale. She was dead. Atem dropped his sword and fell to his knees beside her. He held her in a tight, trembling embrace as tears formed rivers down his cheeks. He carefully lay her back down and sat back on his hocks.
"BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!" he screamed at the sky, before throwing himself over his loved one and weeping over her. Yugi hopped down beside him and furrowed his brows. He felt tears form in the corners of his eyes. He knew how Atem felt about Tea and he never had the chance to tell her. She was a good friend of his too.

Atem opened his eyes.
"Are you-" Helena began. BOOM!
"Whisperers and Dozers! Mount the horses! Lets get outta here!" Yugi yelped. Atem leapt onto Elfin. Yugi tossed him his quiver and he put it on his back. He clasped his bow and checked that his sword was safely attatched to his belt in its sheath. Elfin thrust off the ground and the horses galloped at a great speed. Arrows and blades were thrown at the three and Atem balanced himself on his feet. He loaded his bow and fired arrow after arrow, not missing a single shot. A dagger was throan at him. He jumped over it and landed on Elfin's tail. She swerved and he gripped her tail, slowly making his way back up to where he had been before. He ducked as an arrow flew overhead, but looked up too soon as they entered a cave. His back and the back of his neck scraped the rough rocks of the roof and left him bleeding. He noticed a protruding lump of sharp rock ahead and stayed low to his dragon's spine. He dug his heels into her sides and steered her to the left.

Elfin folded her wings and made a sharp turn around the rock. She folded her wings once more and made a swoop for the exit. She turned on her side and flattened her wings against her body. Atem stayed low, held in place by a harness that went around the dragon's belly and held his ankles to her sides. They burst out of the cave and Dozers had gathered outside. They were huge, burly beasts, with troll-like features. They swung huge axes. Elfin used her tail as whip and smashed three of them into the rock. Atem sent a rain of arrows at them. He caught a glimpse of a black dragon, ahead, rising above the clouds. He pulled Elfin away from the monsters below, by pulling a leather strap that went round her neck. He pulled them back hard and they peirced through the clouds. He tuckeed the straps back under the harness and looked up.
Atem spotted the black dragon. It was hovering several metres away. Its rider had a hood over his face, laughing madly.

He recognised that laugh. A glimpse of a man with scarred blue skin, scales around his eyes and hands, deep red, snake-like eyes and a long black cloak on flashed before his eyes and he gasped. It was Bret. Suddenly, a small dart came spiraling towards Atem. It slammed into his arm, spilling its contents into his blood. He pulled it out and Elfin made a quick landing in the nearest forest. "What happened?" Yugi cried, hopping off Keanu and hurrying over.
"He has been poisoned!" Helena gasped.
That evening, by the fire, the poison had reacted quickly. Atem lay on the ground, shaking, gaping and foaming at the mouth. Blood mixed in as the deadly liquid burned his lungs. He began to choke and suffocate, eyes glazed. Helena was trying to cure him with a spell, but didn't know which one. Yugi was frantically passing her herbs and leaves for potions.
"Come on, stay awake," Helena said quietly. "I'm nearly there,"
Atem choked and more blood spilled from his mouth.
"Easy, easy," Yugi said putting a comforting hand on his shoulder.


Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on February 8, 2007, 6:29:44 PM

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on
HikariYugiYamiAtemuaww...that's very sad...*gasp* Atemu's being poisoned! O.O

BrazillianPaula13 on February 7, 2007, 11:50:46 PM

BrazillianPaula13 on
BrazillianPaula13Do you wanna kill him or something? In every fic you've made, Atem gets hurt. The only thing that hasn't happened yet was him getting kicked "where the sun don't shine".>_<
Poor guy... But, what the heck, the story 's great!^-^

perfectpureblood on February 7, 2007, 8:34:50 PM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpurebloodomg!! so sad! so deep! the description of the poisening was excellent! hope he pulls through it!

fairywarrior on February 7, 2007, 5:14:12 PM

fairywarrior on
fairywarriorOmg thats so sad :(
It makes me sad!!
And yeh i have the same question as 'yafoolin' ! =^^=

yafoolin on February 7, 2007, 11:57:10 AM

yafoolin on
yafoolinThat's so sad
I have one question is this going to be an AtemxOC?