Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4-flight of the phoenix

Atem and Yugi are orphaned brothers, on the run from a madman. Tea has died and Atem has been moping for the past year. As he sinks further into depression, will he be able to help his brother defeat the madman?
(based on the book:"Eragon")

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4-flight of the phoenix

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4-flight of the phoenix
Helena quickly cast a spell. Nothing happened. Atem's vision blurred. Yugi shook him, yelling; "Stay awake!"
Helena noticed the roof of a building not too far away. "Elna," she muttered. "Elna city,"
She wrapped a sheet around Atem and sat him on Keanu's back and sat behind him, holding the reins. Yugi jumped onto Xanaha and told Elfin to fly ahead. Atem was barely breathing by the time they reached the Healer in the city. Her name was Yumi. She quickly carried him in her arms into her house and laid him on her bed.She left his sword and quiver on a table and took his shaking left hand and examined it. In the middle of his palm was a hieroglyphic that had been carved into his skin. It was a vulture, meaning 'A'. "Dragon Rider. Owner of the Winged Dragon of Ra," she whispered.
"My brother is dying!" Yugi snapped.

"Yes." Yumi said, hastily turning to a bookshelf. She picked out a book, scanned a few pages and put it back. Atem was choking and spluttering. Yumi came back over to him. Only the whites of his eyes could be seen as his eyelids flickered. She whispered a spell in his ear. He fell still and silent. She closed his eyes and pulled the covers over him. "I have stopped the poison. I do not know how to heal such wounds as his, we will see how he copes until I can fing the right potion or spell. For now, he must rest," she said, leaving the room and closing the door behind her. Helena and Yugi stayed by Atem all night. Helena wiped his mouth and the sweat from his brow.
As the sun rose, the following day, Atem, Yugi and Helena were told to leave the city. They could stay in a near by forest, but they couldn't comeinto the city.

The next night, Atem had been healed, and just needed plenty of rest. His covers were over him and Helena kept a close eye on him as Yugi went out in search of food with Elfin. Just waking up from yet another nightmare, Atem pulled the covers over his head and sobbed quietly. Helena could hear him and knew that he thought she couldn't, so said nothing. She watched him as he pulled the covers back down and rolled over, wiping away tears. She decided to speak to him about it. She got up and walked over then sat down beside him cross-legged. "Yugi has told me that you often have these nightmares and flashbacks. He told me you only tell people in Ancient Egyptian. I can understand that language. Do you want to talk about it? You might feel better,"
Atem looked up at her, then turned away. He took a deep breath and began to explain about Tea and the accident and that he wanted to escape Bret. Helena listened to the fluent baritone voice of the seventeen-year-old, taking in every word.

Atem opened his eyes the next morning. It was freezing cold and the ground was covered in snow. Elfin had her wing over him again. He stammered to his feet, clinging onto her. She turned her head and watched curiously, lifting her wing. He stumbled. Yugi instantly grabbed him and tried to steady him. Atem glowered and shoved him off. He grabbed onto the dragon's harness and pulled himself up. He was now lying across Elfin's back, struggling to get his whole body in the right position. Elfin grunted as he accidentally kicked her. She gave a low, coughing growl -a laugh- and used her muzzle to push him up. Yugi giggled. Atem got his legs over and fastened his ankles to the harness. He sat up and shot Yugi a glare.
"Do not go too high or fast. You are still recovering," Helena warned.

"Whisperers!" someone shouted from the city.
"Oh, great. More dead things!" Yugi groaned. Atem quietly steered Elfin a few metres away, so that no one would notice if they flew away.
"Pharaoh, stay close to us and-" Helena trailed off. Elfin had already taken off.
"It is his duty as a dragon rider to protect innocent people from evil," Yugi sighed. "He'll never learn. Look, he's going straight into the battle. He'll-"
"He know's what he's doing! A dragon rider possesses power far beyond anything we know, especially one so young," Helena butted in. Yugi paused and nodded.
They galloped back to Elna.
Atem had dismounted Elfin and was swinging his sword all over the place, throwing in the odd bit of self defence, never missing a single beast. He moved with such speed and ease, though his sword was heavy and, as Yugi discovered, uneasy to controle if you were inexperienced. Atem had had enough, and Elfin was wounded. These would take too long to defeat. He raised his left hand, fingers spread out. "PHOENIX MODE!" The vulture lit up in a red glow and Elfin scooped him up. Thew flew high into the sky and he kept his hand up. Both he and the dragon screamed as a bolt of golden light was absorbed into his palm. He pressed his hand to a matching symbol on his dragon's neck. A blinding light burst from them and they reappeared in front of the sun. Elfin had transformed into a huge flame in the shape of a phoenix and Atem's sword was crimson, with blue rings that pulsated down the blade.

They dived down and swooped over the startled army of feinds, setting them on fire. Adrenalin surged through Atem and he leapt off Elfin and began slicing through the Whisperers. Once dead, they disappeared. Elfin and Atem returned to their normal forms.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

perfectpureblood on February 18, 2007, 11:02:08 PM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpurebloodawesome!!!!! love the action! and the whole pheonox thing, keep it up! so glad he recovered. ^^

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on February 14, 2007, 8:42:10 PM

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on
HikariYugiYamiAtemucool! ^^

fairywarrior on February 14, 2007, 2:39:08 AM

fairywarrior on
fairywarriorCool Chappie!
Im glad Atem has recovered!! =^^=

Cant wait for the next update =]