Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Loss

InuYasha is thinking about Kikyo, Kagome, and the feelings he has for both of them.

Chapter 3 - Loss

Chapter 3 - Loss
Kagome, you'd better be all right . . . Gods, please let her be all right.

Kagome is looking for InuYasha, wanting answers to all the questions that were filling her head, when the demon attacks. It is huge, quite possibly the largest demon she'd ever seen. She takes aim with her bow, but the ground shakes and she accidentally lets the arrow fly too soon. It misses, hitting the demon in the leg. It roars in anger and she runs. "Help, InuYasha!" She screams, hoping he will hear her. The demon swings at her with its tree-trunk arms and she screams again as she is flung into a tree. She hits with a sickening crack and slump to the ground, the jar of Shikon shards rolling away from her limp body. The demon roars in victory and approaches to devour its kill. At that very moment, InuYasha arrives. He draws his sword, growls, then notices Kagome lying on the ground. Her eyes are closed, and she isn't moving. "Kagome!" Damn, I hope I'm not too late. he thinks grimly. He notices the jar of Shikon shards lying on the ground, but they're too far from Kagome's body to retrieve them without leaving her at the demon's mercy. He places himself between the her and the demon. "You filthy bastard! Let's see you try and push me around!" He screams angrily, tears filling his eyes. The demon swings, but InuYasha simply jumps and cuts the demon's arm off. This comes at a price, however, as the severed arm crashes down onto a tree, causing it to fall . . . right on top of Kagome. "NOOO!" He cries, then the demon slashes him with a massive claw, cutting deep into his side. InuYasha yelps, then turns to the demon, eyes burning with a vengeful rage. "DIIIIIIIIIE!" He sends a Wind Scar straight into the demon, which is torn apart by the savage energy. InuYasha turns and runs over to the spot where Kagome lay. He moves the fallen trunk out the way, drops Tetsaiga, and kneels next to her motionless body, tears flowing freely down his cheeks. "Kagome? K . . . Kagome? Come on, say something, anything, 'sit' even, I don't care, just SAY SOMETHING!" But she remains deathly silent. "No . . ." he whimpers, "No . . . please don't be . . . be . . ." It's all my fault. At that thought he breaks down completely, holds Kagome tightly, and cries. "She . . . she's . . ." The next word is more of a sobbing howl than a word, "deaaaaad."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment