Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Sorrow

InuYasha is thinking about Kikyo, Kagome, and the feelings he has for both of them.

Chapter 4 - Sorrow

Chapter 4 - Sorrow
"She . . . she's . . ." The next word is more of a sobbing howl than a word, "deaaaaad."

It has been several hours since InuYasha uttered those dreaded words. He holds her cold body close, still not willing to admit that she's gone. Silvery tears slide down his cheek and fall silently onto hers. He gently strokes her face with his thumb. "I'm sorry, Kagome, I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner." "How pathetic." InuYasha's ears perk up and he looks over his shoulder, growling at an all too familiar voice, a voice he didn't want to hear right now. "Get away from us Kikyo . . . and here," he tosses her the shards, "do what you want with 'em. I don't care anymore." "What about destroying Naraku, avenging my death," she whispers in his ear, "putting me to rest." InuYasha stood up and growled angrily. "I don't care anymore. I don't care if the ground opens up beneath me and swallows me up. I don't care if the sky falls down on top of me, or if the gods end my life right here and now. I don't care, because I couldn't protect her. For that, I should die. So go ahead, kill me, pierce me with one of your sacred arrows, do me a favor, and end my life." "I won't do that." His eyes burned with hatred, so much so that Kikyo was startled. "Then get away from us." "Very well, I'll go." And with that, she left. Meanwhile, InuYasha continued to weep. Why? Why can't I ever stop thinking about you? Now you're gone, and all we got were two moments in our lives together. Why? Why are you still haunting my every thought, even though you're gone?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment