Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Summer Vacation

Chrystal goes on vacation with her friends and finds out that something isn't right, especially when she starts to see strange figures in her sleep. One night, her powers are taken away by a strange creature! Just who/what is this strange creature?

Chapter 1 - Summer Vacation

Chapter 1 - Summer Vacation



"It has been a year since Chrystal's "Strange incident", but now it's summer time again.  Will this summer be less strange than the summer before?" 

"I hope so!  Now leave me alone!"  Chrystal yelled angrily at the flocking reporters around her.  "Wait, Chrystal!  Is it true that..." Another news reporter began.  "Please!  Stop!  I just want to go home!" Chrystal interrupted, "This was a year ago!  Who cares?  Nothing strange will happen this summer!"  Chrystal suddenly ran through the crowd and towards the school gate.  The reporters had been waiting outside the school doors since 2:00 P.M.  Chrystal hopped over the fence, dodged bike riders that were also leaving school, ran acrossed the street without looking both ways and nearly got hit, and finally ran down the street to the icecream parlor, where she was to meet Ash and Star.  She burst into the icecream parlor, gasping for breath.  Everyone just stared at her.  She smiled and walked slowly to the table nearest to the window, where her two friends were sitting.  "Hey guys..."  Chrystal said, breathing hard.  "Are you ok?"  Star asked.  "I'm fine..."  Chrystal answered, "The reporters were trying to get more info out of me."  After a moment of silence, Ash spoke up, "Yeah, well, we were just about to order our icecream..."  Chrystal looked up to see a waitress smiling down at her.  "Are you three ready to order now?"  She said with a smile.  How embarassing!  Chrystal hadn't known that a waitress was standing there the whole time!  "Are you ready, Chrystal?"  Star asked quietly.  "Yes...I'm burning up.  I need something cold!"  Chrystal said, trying to make the moment a little less awkward.  "Ok...I'll have a medium vanilla icecream cone."  Star said.  "Hmmm...I'll have a chocolate twist cone."  Ash stated.  Chrystal sat there, staring out the window.  "What are you looking at?"  Ash asked, "It's your turn to order!"  Suddenly Chrystal snapped out of it.  "Oh...I'll have a mint chocolate chip cone.  Thanks..."  Chrystal said, her cheeks turned red.  Even more embarassing!  The waitress smiled and walked towards the parlor's kitchen to prepare the icecream.  "Ok she's gone..."  Ash said, "You didn't tell them about your wings did you?"  Chrystal thought for a moment and asked, "Who?  Tell who about my wings?"  Star sighed, "You know, the reporters."  Chrystal began to play with the tablecloth on the table.  "No, nobody knows anything about that.  The only thing I told them was that the cruise ship began to sink and that's how I had gone missing."  She said.  "It's a good thing that nobody knows, you think you have a lot of reporters on your back now just think how many you'd have if they discovered your wings?"  Ash stated.  Chrysal sighed.  She wished that her wings were never there, and she wasn't the girl in the prophecy.  But of course, if she had never gotten her wings, she'd still be treated like garbage at her school.  "Here you are!  One vanilla cone, one twist, and one mint chocolate chip.  Enjoy!"  Chrystal nearly jumped ten feet in the air.  "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you!"  The waitress said, giggling.  She turned around and walked back towards the kitchen.  Chrystal looked at her friends, who were also laughing.  "Jeez Chrystal!  Don't jump through the cieling!"  Star said, laughing.  Chrysal's face turned red again as she began to lick her icecream cone. 

"Bye guys!  Have a good summer!" Chrystal yelled to her friends.  "Bye Chrystal!  You too!"  They called back.  Chrystal smiled and walked happily down the street.  At a certain point, Chrystal stopped and sighed.  Now she was standing in the exact spot where she met Drew.  She looked up into the sky.  Suddenly, she saw something.  A figure shaped like a bat, it was small, not human size.  Chrystal rubbed her eyes and looked again.  It was gone.  "Ok...I know that I met Drew here but this is just wierd.  I hope that was my eyes!"  Chrystal said quietly to herself.  She began walking home again but was stopped in her tracks when she felt a cold tap on her shoulder.  "Drew!"  She yelled as she turned around quickly.  But it wasn't Drew, and it wasn't anything evil.  It was..."Fuzzy!!"  Chrystal yelled as she grabbed the furry bat and hugged it tight.  "Oh I missed you so much!  I thought you were helping Rosa?  How did you get here?"  Chrystal asked, "Are you lost?  Would you like to stay here with me?"  Fuzzy smiled and did a backflip.  "Does that mean yes?"  Chrystal asked as she hugged him tightly once more.  "Come on!  You can stay with me then!"  Chrystal continued walking home happily with her friend.  As she was on her way home, she saw more news reporters coming her way.  "Oh no!  Not again!"  Chrystal thought.  She didn't have anywhere to run either.  The news reporters didn't stop to ask any questions, although it seemed like they were looking for her.  "Why didn't they see me?  I was right next to them!"  Chrystal stopped and looked at her furry friend.  "Fuzzy, you did this didn't you?"  In the first story of "Flying"  Chrystal's friend Fuzzy could make people invisible, so fuzzy had made her invisible to hide her from the reporters.  She smiled and put Fuzzy into her backpack so nobody would see him.

Chrystal soon reached home.  She opened the door and stepped into her house.  She could smell the tacos her mom was making.  "Hey mom!  I'm home!"  Chrystal yelled.  Chrystal's mom peered out at her from her cooking in the kitchen.  "Hi, honey!  Could you come here for a sec?"  Her mom asked.  Chrystal ran to the kitchen and sat on a stool next to her mom.  "We are going on a trip to the beach tomorrow, so you might want to pack your things while upstairs.  Pack clothes for a two-week trip, ok?"  Chrysal's mom stated.  Chrystal jumped out of her seat.  "Ok!  I'll be upstairs!"  Chrystal yelled happily.  She ran upstairs to her room and shut the door tightly behind her.  "Yes!  I love the beach!"  Chrstal sighed.  She sat on the floor and grabbed her suitcase from underneath her bed.  She unzipped it slowly and stood up to pack some of her clothes from her closet.  "Ska-rreeeeeeech!"  She heard a noise suddenly.  She looked around frantically.  "What was that?"  "Ska-reeeeeeeech!"  It came again.  It was coming from underneath her bed.  She peered under her bed and grabbed her backpack.  "Ska-reeech!"  It was louder this time.  She unzipped her backpack quickly and pulled out fuzzy.  "Oops, sorry I forgot you were in there!" 


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment