Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Tsuki (Moon)

When Nara is older, she is forced to join the Akatsuki. Here is her story.
 
And here is the story logo. Put this on your profile if you are a fan of the story.

Chapter 10 - Tsuki (Moon)

Chapter 10 - Tsuki (Moon)

“From underneath the trees, we watch the sky
Confusing stars for satellites
I never dreamed that you’d be mine
But here we are, we’re here tonight

Singing Amen, I’m alive
Singing Amen, I’m alive

If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
We’d see the day when nobody died
And I’m singing

Amen I, I’m alive
Amen I, I’m alive”



          Nara was walking along the side of the road, singing and dragging her bags along. A few people had stopped to listen to her sing, but they became disappointed when every time she noticed someone she would stop singing until they left her alone. She hadn’t run into any of her friends, teachers, or Kiba. Not yet, anyway. As she sped up her pace, she continued to sing, hoping that it would lift her spirits, although it felt like she was in an all time low, a low she could not get out of.



“And in the air the fireflies
Our only light in paradise
We’ll show the world they were wrong
And teach them all to sing along

Singing Amen I’m alive
Singing Amen I’m alive

If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
We’d see the day when nobody died
If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
We’d see the day when nobody died”


          Nara’s pace had gotten even faster. She wasn’t looking in front of her. Instead, she was staring at her feet, the tears dripping from her eyes, which were already red and bloodshot. Her head was throbbing. So many thoughts were going through her head. Why couldn’t Kiba understand that what happened wasn’t her fault? Why did Rock Lee and Hinata go through so much to protect her, even with what she had done? She continued to sing, the thoughts and questions racing through her mind.



“And as we lie beneath the stars
We realize how small we are
If they could love like you and me
Imagine what the world could be

If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
We’d see the day when nobody died

We’d see the day, we’d see the day
When nobody died
We’d see the day, we’d see the day
When nobody died
We’d see the day when nobody died”


          Nara sat down under a pavilion. It was raining, and even though she could manipulate the water, she didn’t want to attract attention, and she didn’t want to get another cold. The tears were still coming, but now at least no one could tell, with how wet her face was from the rain. As she was sitting alone, she noticed two people slowly walking towards her. She didn’t recognize them at all, but she didn’t get up and walk off. It wasn’t like she really cared anymore. Nara looked down at her feet, and when she looked up again, they were right in front of her. One of them laid their hand on her shoulder.


          “Are you Nara Namida?” Nara just nodded. She couldn’t bring herself to say anything. She was scared out of her mind. Out of nowhere, the situation just completely changed. “About time we found you! We’ve been looking everywhere, for crying out loud!” She took a good look at the one that just made that comment. Her hair looked like Hinata’s used to, only hers had no bangs, and was parted to the side. Her eyes were a gray-green color, and with a closer look, Nara noticed that her left eyebrow was broken twice by scars.


          She turned her head to take a good look at the other girl, who still had her hand on Nara’s shoulder. Her hair was long and pink, a lot like Sakura’s, and she seemed to also have a big forehead, just like Sakura did. Her eyes were green, but they seemed to have a blue tinge to them. Nara looked down for a minute, and when she looked up, her eyes were blue instead. Nara sat there, amazed, when the other girl started to talk. “If you’re wondering, my name’s Haruka Niroshi, and that’s Kairi Uchiha. We were sent here to come find you.” Nara was confused. “S-sent? By who?” Kairi smiled. “Teneka-san. She was worried about you. And she has a message for you.” Nara looked at her. “R-really? What is i-it?” Kairi sighed. “Her message is this: Nara, don’t come back. Leave Konoha. They’re looking for you, Nara. They’re going to kill you if they find you.”


          Nara sighed, and looked down at her feet. She knew this was coming. It was going to happen sooner or later. She wasn’t really sure whether to head Teneka’s advice or just stay where she was. It wasn’t like she really had much to live for anymore. If she left, she’d be all alone, no friends, no nothing. If she stayed, not only would Kiba tell everyone what was going on, but she’d also be killed. Both paths weren’t good, and she knew it more than anyone. But she made her choice. She was going to stay. She had friends here, and she had to make sure that she could protect them as long as she could, even if it means she’d lose her life.


          Kairi and Haruka were aware of her decision. Or at least, they were when she stood up, took her bags, and started to run back home. They tried to run after her, but they couldn’t keep up. “Nara! What are you doing?!” Nara stopped for a second, and looked at them, her eyes more solid and serious than they had ever been. “I-I’m going home!” She then turned back around and started running again. Kairi and Haruka stopped trying to chase her. They were tired, so they just turned back. But they decided to stay. To keep watch. In case things started getting messy.


          Unfortunately, Nara wasn’t looking where she was running. She bumped into someone, and fell backwards. She looked up, and all of the color drained from her face. It was Kiba. He was riding on Akamaru’s back, and Akamaru was growling viciously, as if he was going to attack at any minute. Nara went to stand, but slipped, realizing that her ankle had been twisted from the fall. She backed away as far as she could, but after only a few feet, the pain became unbearable, and she was forced to stay where she was. Kiba walked up to her, and stomped his foot on her chest, not only forcing her fully down, but also snapping a rib or two. Nara was writhing in pain, and Kiba was furious.


          “I told you to leave, you demon! You should’ve listened to me! Now I have to tell everybody your secret! Or maybe I should just kill you?” Kiba was pushing his foot down even harder, and Nara was doing everything to keep herself from bursting into tears. It was becoming too much for her. She started noticing that things were wrong. She was seeing things with a red tint. Her hearing had suddenly perked up, along with her sense of smell. It wasn’t until her body changed and her mind went blank that she realized what was happening.



Her demon was taking over.




Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KionaKina on November 7, 2007, 11:29:23 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaO_O Oh...my...God...

Well, Kiba probably had this one coming

Kouni46892742 on November 7, 2007, 11:31:22 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742Of course he did!

zopponde on June 5, 2007, 8:15:23 AM

zopponde on
zoppondeYay! Another great chapter! And I'm in it!! =D Great job, can't wait for more!

DragonGirl1136 on June 5, 2007, 5:53:31 AM

DragonGirl1136 on
DragonGirl1136Kiba-teme! >.< How dare you hurt Nara-chan?! I'm gonna make Kisame-kun shave your head off for that!

This is really cool, Nara-chan. Keep it up! ^o^

KisaShika on June 5, 2007, 4:27:25 AM

KisaShika on
KisaShikaHeh, cool. *Sends Teneka to kill Kiba*

YumeXItachi on June 5, 2007, 2:26:45 AM

YumeXItachi on
YumeXItachiwow...that was soooo freaking awesome!!! ^^ yes i'm n this chapter! ok i'm just gonna stop talking now but this was an awesome chapter!