Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Seasons of Love Pt. 1

A cute fic dedicated to my friends and Rent!
 
A small series of tragedies and love stories, each with a Rent song involved!

Chapter 1 - Seasons of Love Pt. 1

Chapter 1 - Seasons of Love Pt. 1

                 Nara and her best friend Selina were walking along the street in the buisness section of Konoha. It was mid-December, and the snow had just started to fall. Nara chuckled as a snowflake fell on her nose as she was looking at the sky. Selina shook her head, getting all of the snow off of her ears, which were freezing cold. She sighed. "Nara, if you're done staring at the sunset, lets go back. I can't even feel my ears anymore!" Nara giggled, and looked around at the village. Everything was covered with a thin layer of snow. "I-in a bit, S-selina-san! Isn't i-it pretty? Everything a-all covered in s-snow..." Selina groaned. "It's pretty, alright. Pretty annoying! It's so cold out!"

                 Nara smiled at her friend, and kept walking along the street. The sun was barely visible from the horison, reflecting a golden yellow light on the snow, making everything seem like it was glowing. Nara looked around, and noticing that no one else was around, she did something she normally would never do in public: She started to sing. Her voice was very soft and frail, but it could be heard by anyone nearby. She hit every note, every word, and every line so perfectly, no one other than Selina could believe she didn't sing for a living.

"Five hundred twenty-five thousand

Six hundred minutes

Five hundred twenty-five thousand

Moments so dear

Five hundred twenty-five thousand

Six hundred minutes

How do you measure?

Measure a year

In daylights

In sunsets

In midnights

In cups of coffee

In inches

In miles

In laughter

In stride

Five hundred twenty-five thousand

Six hundred minutes

How do you measure

A year in the life?"

Selina smiled warmly at her friend (Although she felt anything but warm! LOL) It was nice to see her so happy. She looked down at her feet, thinking about things that were to come. Of course, holidays were huge. Some birthdays were on the way as well, so it meant extra shopping. Nara didn't pay any mind to her surroundings, and kept on singing. But she didn't know that someone else was listening in. Actually, a few people were listening. And waiting for the chance to speak up...

Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

crazicat06 on December 31, 2007, 5:21:04 PM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Nice Nara-chan! =D

Azrob on November 2, 2007, 11:46:21 PM

Azrob on
Azrobyou beat me to the punch i was gonna make a pic with tango morean

AnimeAngel87 on October 31, 2007, 9:12:37 PM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87Uber Cute Nara-Chan :3

yea i saw this on Selina's page so i had to be nosy.

ladychaos on October 31, 2007, 7:47:58 PM

ladychaos on
ladychaosawwww that's cute^^
 
it's a great beginning, Nara-chan

Nekogal411 on October 30, 2007, 8:59:00 PM

Nekogal411 on
Nekogal411^^ Aww! Cute, good job! *faves*

KisaShika on October 30, 2007, 11:34:49 AM

KisaShika on
KisaShikaAwww, Nara's so cute! X3

I can't wait for the next chapter! //.3 (<<<- happy Kakashi smiley)

KionaKina on October 30, 2007, 11:26:00 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaAwww, how cute ^_^

Nara singing, that's adorable because she's so shy. Well done *Faves*