Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Hope is in the air

Another new year for Harry in Hogwarts, but Where is Ron?

Chapter 3 - Hope is in the air

Chapter 3 - Hope is in the air


WHERE IS RON?

Author's note: Sorry it took so long. I've been busy. So, I present you the third chapter for “Where is Ron?”


Disclaimer: see chap.1


3.Hope is in the air


The corridor leading to Dumbledore's office, Hogwarts, Almost 8pm


“Well, Harry, do you think Dumbledore know about Ron and his family?” asked Hermione in a really soft, almost like crying. Harry thought he heard a sob after that sentence.

“I don't know, Hermione. I just hope they are all right! “ Harry answered in quite, deep voice. They remained silence until they reached the gargoyle outside Dumbledore's office guarding the place. “Here we go!” Harry said to himself.

“Lemon Sherbets!” Harry said. The Gargoyle moved out of the way and let Harry and Hermione go on the stairs that would lift them up to the headmaster's office.

“AH, Harry, Miss Granger, welcome! Please, sit down. Would you two like a cup of tea? I think you should!” said Dumbledore pouring out the tea to 2 cups without waiting for Harry or Hermione to say yes. “Here you go!” He looked as tired as ever and he looked older than he did. His right hand, Harry noticed, was lifeless. He had to hold

“Thank you, professor. Professor, what happen to your right hand?” Hermione said. She sounded really concerned.

“OH, YES, I would tell you but we haven't got the time to discuss about it, I was going to tell you about Mr Ronald Weasley . Don't worry about me, I am fine, but I am really concerned about Mr Weasley,” Dumbledore said, Harry and Hermione exchanged look with nervous shown in their eyes worried with what Dumbledore would say next.

“He is alright, isn't he, professor?” Hermione said nearly burst into tears. “Oh, please, tell me that he is alright!”

“OH, Miss Granger, I would love to say that they are alright,but……..” Dumbledore stopped and choked. There was a long silence filling the ancient room, filled with many moving photos hung on the wall, and lighted with only candles but it seemed really bright in there. Harry didn't want to hear what Dumbledore had to say next, but he asked, “ What happen, Professor?” Harry asked.

“I am afraid to say that Mr Ronald Weasley and his whole family have been captured by the Death Eaters and taken to Voldemort. I went to visit them in The Burrow 2 weeks ago, I saw the sign of the Dark Mark over The Burrow,” Dumbledore said, in his deepest, most tired, and concerned tone Harry ever heard. Harry and Hermione knew that this is going to be really bad.

Harry turned his head around to see Hermione. She burst into tears, shouting, “No, it can't be. It is not happening. I mean, what has he done wrong? What have Ginny, Fred, George, Molly, and Arthur done wrong? WHAT? Please, tell me! I will take their place instead. What can we do to help them professor? I'll do anything!” Hermione shouted. This was the first time Harry had seen Hermione in this awful state.

“Thank you for your kind offer, Miss Granger. I know this is a shock to you and I am sure that they would appreciate your concern. Unfortunately, we can't do anything at the moment, and we have to wait until the further notice, but I would get back to you for your help. Meanwhile, would you like me to call anybody? Call your parents?” Dumbledore asked. Harry could tell that he is not only concerned about Ron, but also he is really worried about Hermione and he seemed like he didn't expect Hermione to do what she did. “Let me call Minerva, I'll………”

“Don't worry, Professor. I am OK; Can you excuse me to go to bed now? I think I need to rest,” Hermione interrupted.

“Are you sure? Do you want me to take you there?” Harry said worriedly.

“No Harry. I am all right. It is just a big shock and I think I need to rest. Good night, Professor, Good night Harry,” Hermione said lifelessly. She walked to the door without any words, and the room felt silence once again. Harry never felt like this before. This is the long time he had remained silence.

“Shall I go as well, then, Professor?” Harry asked.

“No, I am afraid you should stay. I have things to tell you and warn you about this situation,” Dumbledore said anxiously, “Harry, this is not a joke. This is a trap. Voldemort is using your best friend because he knows you will come after Ron and his family, and you can meet Voldemort and duel with him. In the meanwhile, we can't do anything at the moment, and have to wait for some more signs from Voldemort. We don't know where he is yet. We will in the near future hopefully. In the meanwhile, you have to have lessons with me again. You have to come every Monday after dinner.”

“OK, thank you professor. I'll see you tomorrow. Now, can I go to bed now? I am too tired to think about anything,” Harry said.

Oh, yes, of course, good night, Harry, and don't worry about anything. We will sort it out,” Dumbledore said.

Harry walked out of the office and thought, “ How could he say that I shouldn't worry. I mean, it is my friend he's talking about. Ron, my best friend. He must be joking.” Harry walked along the long corridor. 5 minutes later he arrived in front of the Gryffindor House's door to common room.

“Password, please,” the Fat Lady asked.

“ Galleon,” Harry said hopelessly and with no energy what so ever.

“OK, but cheer up,” The Fat Lady said. “Children these days. They are so miserable.”

Harry walked to his dormitory, and saw Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas sleeping on their bed soundly. He changed to his pyjamas and lied on the bed. He turned his head around, and saw Ron's empty bed.

“Ron, I will find you and I will rescue you before too late. Oh, God, just please, let Ron and his family be alright,” Harry prayed and went to sleep a minute later.

Author's note: Hope you enjoyed the 3rd chapter of “Where is Ron?” Please read and review. .


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment