Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Sore Throats

Gerard struggles with drug addiction, and his caring brother, Mikey, tries his best to help him break it. (I know the summary sucks, but the story's better than it sounds; trust me.)

Chapter 2 - Sore Throats

Chapter 2 - Sore Throats


Gerard's Way

Chapter Two: Sore Throats



Gerard pushed past Frank Iero and stomped out of the hotel room towards the second room that My Chemical Romance had rented. Once inside the bedroom, he flopped down on the bed and buried his face into a pillow, taking a deep breath before he did so. The vocalist let the air out in a long scream which was muffled by the fluffiness of the fluffy pillow.



“Man,” Frank sighed, staring at the other room's closed door. “What a way to start our second Warped Tour, eh?”



“I'll say,” Ray agreed, helping Bob lift the unconscious Mikey onto the bed.



“You think Gerard'll ever be sober?” Frank seemed to be asking himself, but it was still stated loud enough for the others to hear.



“I hope so… I don't like it when the van smells like barf.” Bob said, making a disgusted face.



“And I didn't like the fact that he was practically mooning me at the last Warped and I had no idea,” Ray yawned and laid back onto the bed with his hands behind his head. “Let's just get a good night sleep; we've got a long drive to Charlotte tomorrow and I don't know if Mikey will be up for driving.”



“You're absotutely right, Ray-Ray,” Frank chuckled and walked out into the hallway. “I'll watch over Gerard for the night… Don't let the Bob Bugs bite!!” with that, he opened the door to the other room and disappeared inside.



“You know,” Bob started with an uneasy look on his face, “I don't trust those two alone together…”



Ray didn't respond for awhile, thinking over Bob's words. After about a minute or so, the guitarist replied, “Bob, you're too young to be thinking like that.”



“Hey!!” Bob cried, slapping Ray's stomach. “I'm only one year younger than you!”



“Stop bickering,” Mikey groaned, sitting up and holding his head. “How's Gerard?”



“He's…” Ray started, pausing to yawn.



“Alone with Frank for the night,” Bob finished for him.



Mikey stared at Bob for a moment and sighed. “I don't wanna know.”



%^%^%^%^%^%^%^%



“Gerard?” Frank said hesitantly, peeking around the corner of the hotel wall. “You doing alright?”



Gerard had turned over so his back was facing the door, and responded to Frank with a small groan.



“Ray-Ray wants us to get a good night sleep,” Frank said, sitting on the edge of the bed. “So that means no fun…”



“Frankie?” Gerard asked, shifting around a bit.



“Yeah, Gerardy?”



“Shut up, I was already sleeping.”



“Oh… Well, see you in the morning!!” Frank chirped happily and crawled up to the opposite side of the bed and closed his eyes.



%^%^%^%^%^%^%^%



“Frankie!!” Bob called through the door. “Wake up, we gotta get going!!”



Frank moaned, sat up, and rubbed his eyes. “Gerard,” he mumbled, “Gotta get up…”



Gerard was already wide-awake, sitting in a chair with his back turned to Frank. “I know,” he spat, as if he had just been yelled at.



“Gerardy? Everything alright?” Frank asked, concerned as he turned around.



“Yeah, so shut up!!” Gerard growled, turning around and glaring at Frank. His eyes were bloodshot and the tips of his nostrils were red with a few white specks here and there. He suddenly stood up, toppling the chair over as he did so. He stomped towards the door and opened it, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he walked out.



Mikey dropped his suitcases in the hallway when he saw Gerard. “Brother,” he said quietly.



Gerard turned around and gazed at his little brother. “Yeah, what?”



“Are you alright?” Mikey asked, a caring look in his eyes.



“Mikey,” Gerard replied, his voice shaking slightly. “I… I'm sorry about yesterday…”



Mikey looked taken aback at his brother's sudden apology. “It's alright,”



“No, it's not alright!!” Gerard said loudly turning around fully and glaring at the bassist. “Even though siblings are expected to fight, yesterday wasn't natural!!”



“Brother, calm down,” Mikey said anxiously, sweat forming on his forehead.



“What did I tell you about disrespecting me!?” Gerard spat loudly, his face turning slightly crimson with anger.



“Crap,” Ray said under his breath, ambling into the hallway and seeing the scene.



“Mikey, you still haven't answered my fracking question, and you're ordering me around?” Gerard growled.



“Broth~”



Gerard didn't give Mikey any time to answer, “Where the hell are they?! I don't know what I have to do to get you to answer, but I'll do whatever it takes!!”



“Gerardy!!” Frank whined, stepping out of the hotel room in just his boxers.



“Frankie, stay out of this!!” Gerard spat. “This is between me and Mikey!!”



“Brother, please!” Mikey cried, motioning with his hands for him to calm down.



“Mikey, you shut up!!” Gerard shouted, darting forward and tackling his sibling.



“Ger~” Mikey choked, but he couldn't finish. Gerard was crushing him and he couldn't breathe, and soon everything faded into black.



A/n: *GASP* A cliffy!! Will Mikey survive? Will Gerard ever get his paradise pills? Will Frank ever dress fully? Will Bob ever shave? Will Ray ever get his comb stuck in his hair? All that and more, next time, so stay tuned!! *ends little TV host phase* Well, I dunno when the next chappy will be out. But seriously, until then, and even after that, look out for updates.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

lycan-keyblade-master on October 29, 2006, 9:30:14 AM

lycan-keyblade-master on
lycan-keyblade-masteroh...poor mikey i dont know how he can stay calm!