Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - When a hero falls

Sonic gets an injection of a deadly liquid, which evolved into a virus that practically turned you evil. Then, Alyssa is forced to kill him, but is wounded and catches the virus as well. It''s a deadly cycle, How will it end, if ever?

Chapter 1 - When a hero falls

Chapter 1 - When a hero falls
Sonic the Hedgehog presents:



When a Hero Falls



























One dark night

A hero falls

Into a black abyss

Of anger and misery

Much like a living nightmare

How he fell

No one knows

An evil took him over

Began to control him

He became a monster

Once upon a time,

He strived to save the world

Now he lives to destroy it

Stuck in the darkness

He tries to scream for help

Only to be suffocated by the silence.

Lost now in a cold sea

Hes drowning

Can he be saved?

Can the world?

They bow down to the evil

Its contagious

His disease

That spreads like wildfire

Everyday he hides in a secret place

Afraid of hurting another creature

He doesnt want to

He craves for freedom

He starves for the Light

But hes trapped

With no way out

On that dark night

A hero fell

To himself&











One cold dark night, Sonic the Hedgehog walked alone through the Great Forest. It had been years since the Great War ended, and life had become simple and peaceful on Mobius. Lately, however, a dark spirit came and began to torture the people of Mobotropolis. He came to Sonic and gave him instructions to save his people. Sonic hesitated at first, but began his journey. He traveled far, running most of the way, but slowing to a walk to enjoy the midnight scenery. Little did he know, this would be his last peaceful run.



Sonic: (stops in a field of flowers. Takes one and sniffs it. He smiles and sighs in delight)
Koniah: (appears in front of him) Hello there, Sonic.
Sonic: (frowns) What do you want? Im going where you told me to go. Can you just let me go peacefully?
Koniah: (laughs darkly) Peace? HA! Do you know who I am?
Sonic: Of course I do. So what? What makes you worthy of respect?
Koniah: I am the great server of a mighty ruler!
Sonic: (snorts) yeah some leader&..Ive heard of him&..Seems like more of a pest than a mighty ruler.
Koniah: If you ever want to see your friends alive again, youll silence your quick tongue!
Sonic: (sighs)
Koniah: Follow me, Sonic. You are not far from your destination.
Sonic: (shrugs) Okay&sure&.then I can finally kick some butt.
Koniah: SILENCE!
Sonic: (rolls his eyes as koniah leads him)
Koniah: Here we are, Sonic.
Sonic: (enters into a room where he is locked in) what the-!
Frost: Hello, Sonic the Hedgehog. (smiles viciously)
Sonic: Jane&..what are you doing?
Frost: Jane is DEAD!!! I am Frost! (holds up a needle) You my friend, are part of an experiment.
Sonic: Traitor!!! How dare you!!
Frost: (shrugs) At least Im with people who understand me! You never could!
Sonic: (shakes his head) Im sorry&I didnt realize&
Frost: Thats because you were to busy to see other people aside from yourself!!! (pins him to the wall) Youll pay, and all your little friends will pay!
Sonic: I dont think so! (gets away from her)
Koniah and Korah: (grab Sonics feet and hold him to the ground)
Sonic: NOOO!!!! (struggles against them, but hes no match)
Frost: (grins evilly as she gets close to him) Goodbye Sonic the Hedgehog, hero of Mobius. Hello to Sonic the Hedgehog, fallen hero! (stabs him with the needle and it releases all the liquid inside)
Sonic: (screams in agony)
Korah and Koniah: (let go of Sonic)
Sonic: (lays unconscious on the floor)
Korah: What do we do with him now?
Frost: Take him to the Freedom Fighters.
Koniah: Right! (picks him up and takes him back to Mobotropolis)
Sally: Sonic!!! (runs over to them) What did you do?!
Koniah: (shrugs) we just found him laying unconscious and I thought Id bring him here&.(looks away)
Sally: (confused but satisfied) Oh&.Okay&..
Koniah: (flies away)
Sally: Odd&..
Rosco: Is Sonic alright?
Sally: Not sure&.Carry him to Sissillia&..
Rosco: (nods) Yesm. (takes Sonic to her)
Chi-Chi: (at the door) Oh hey Rosco. (notices Sonic in his arms) What happened to him?
Rosco: Thats what I need Sissy to figure out&
Chi-Chi: (nods) Right, right&.(goes and gets Sissillia)
Sissillia: (comes in) Oh my!!! (shakes her head) Poor Sonic&.Take him into room 3. Ill be there shortly.
Rosco: (takes him and lays Sonic down on the bed)
Sonic: (moans in pain)
Rosco: Sonic?
Sonic: (moans more and opens his eyes a little) Where am I?
Rosco: In Sissillias clinic&
Sonic: My head&&is pounding&.. (moans) My whole body aches&.
Rosco: What happened, Sonic?
Sissillia: (walks in) Oh, youre awake! Good! Can you remember what happened, Sonic?
Sonic: &&&&&&(closes his eyes to ease the pain) Frost&.that traitor&..She&..stabbed me&..with a syringe&..She said goodbye to the hero, hello to the fallen hero&.(laughs lightly) Strange huh?
Sissillia: (sticks a needle in his arm and draws blood) Ill run test on this to see if shes done anything to you. (sighs) You never know these days.
Sonic: (opens his eyes a little) Hey Sissillia?
Sissillia: Yes, Sonic?
Sonic: &&.(looks away) I feel funny&&(moans in pain) &..I feel really funny&..like Ive never felt before&.(starts to shake)
Sissillia: Sonic?? (worried)
Sonic: (goes limp and tremors)
Sally: SONIC!

A few days pass. Sonic is unable to get out of bed, due to increasing weakness, fatigue, and pain. Sissillia, the great physician that she is, got the blood test back, and it turned out that Sonic had received an unknown virus. It was something that she was greatly startled by. She didnt even know how to treat it. She knew NOTHING about it. Sonic continued to get worse. Sally, Alyssa, Tails, and Sonics mother, Bernie, never seemed to leave his side. They, as the closest people to him, could sense that something wasnt right, and they feared the worse. Only, the worse, was a whole lot different than what they had imagined.


Sonic: (tremors)
Sally: (begins to cry) Oh, Sonic&..
Sonic: (stops) Sally&.
Sally: Yes, Sonic?
Sonic: (tears roll down his face) I love you&..
Sally: I&I love you too&(kisses him on the cheek)
Sonic: I dont know what Frost gave to me&.but its something that&I have a feeling is going to change me&
Sally: What do you mean, Sonic? (confused)
Sonic: I think I understand what she meant&..(looks at her in the eye) Ive been thinking about very violent things lately&..Things that&scare me&.I&could never&do such things&.I have visions of horrible scary things&..(sighs weakly) Im scared, Sally&
Sally: I&I dont understand&are you saying that this virus is making you evil?
Sonic: I dont know&but thats what it seems like&
Sally: (shakes her head in disbelief) Thats impossible Sonic&
Sonic: (laughs weakly) Yeah, maybe& (holds Sallys hand and falls asleep)
Sally: (lays down beside him and cries silently)
Sonic: (dreams of Sally, Tails, Alyssa, his parents and everybody else. He dreams of the good memories, only to be ruined by violent flash forwards of him hurting them.)

A while later, Sonic sat up in the bed, with Sally still huddled next to him. When he opened his eyes, they were no longer that beautiful emerald green. Now, they were a solid black. He didnt moan in pain, nor did he seem to be weak. He climbed out of bed and stared at Sally for a moment. Then, he turned to walk out the door, when all of a sudden he was stopped.



Sally: Sonic?? (notices his black eyes and evil glare) Oh, Sonic&.You were right&.
Sonic: (growls and pushes her to the floor)
Sally: (gasps in shock)
Sonic: (walks out the door)
(meanwhile)
Gracie: (struggles against the chains)
Frost: (grins) Youre going nowhere little kitty.
Gracie: Let me go! What do you want with me anyway?
Frost: Youre part of an experiment.
Gracie: Experiment?
Frost: (looks over her shoulder at the sound of the door opening)
Snivley: Is our subject ready for the injection?
Frost: (nods) Certainly. (smiles evilly)
Gracie: Oh no&..
Snivley: (stabs her with the syringe)
Gracie: (screams in agony and falls to the ground unconscious)
Snivley: Another one, successfully done. Now we wait for Shadow to come save her.
Frost: (laughs darkly)
Snivley: First Sonic, now Gracie, soon, the entire world.

Of course Snivley had to be involved. He was the mastermind behind the whole thing. Who knew he was smart enough to create a mind altering virus. Poor, Sonic. He stood no chance. The virus got a hold of him. And now, he was known as the Fallen Hero of Mobius. Not even our best doctors could stop it. He had to give up. It was killing him from the inside out&..If someone didnt kill him, the virus wouldve, eventually. Until then, I dont know how many innocent people he hurt.


Alyssa: SONIC!!!! (angry and heartbroken) How could you destroy that whole town? They never did anything wrong&.
Sonic: (smiles viciously, smelling the bloods on her; his eyes are red now) They just were easy targets to satisfy my blood thirst&.And now, you, Alyssa, will satisfy it today.
Alyssa: (attacks him)
Sonic: (overpowers her, throwing her to the ground)
Alyssa: I wont let you get away with this!
Sonic: (grins) Whats the matter, Alyssa? Didnt all the training I gave you help you any? Im still kicking your butt.
Alyssa: (growls)
Sonic: (his claws dig into her arm)
Alyssa: (writhes in pain)
Sonic: (takes a deep breath) Your blood smells so sweet&.
Tails: (attacks from behind)
Sonic: !!! (caught off guard)
Tails: You will not hurt Alyssa or anyone else any more!!
Alyssa: Tails!! Go home! Ive got this!
Tails: I wont let you fight this alone!
Alyssa: (growls in frustration)
Sonic: Awww&how cute& (mockingly)


That day, I knew somehow that I was going to be the one to kill him&Just something inside told me that I was the one&.I didnt want to believe it&but I couldnt escape my fate&or should I say, his fate.



Louis: (hands Alyssa a sword)
Alyssa: (chokes back tears as she stares at it)
Louis: Youre the only one strong enough to kill him&
Alyssa: Strong? Me? (shakes her head) I dont have enough courage&
Louis: &.You can do it, Alyssa.
Alyssa: Cant we just wait and maybe-
Louis: (cuts her off) Hes hurting innocent people.
Alyssa: I know&
Louis: I believe in you. Were all counting on you.
Alyssa: (takes a deep breath and swallows hard) Okay&. (mumbles under her breath) But youre not the one about to kill your best friend...


So with my sword in hand, I walked out the door, dreading what I was about to do. My heart ached at the though. As the thoughts ran violently in my mind, I saw him there, waiting for me.



Alyssa: Sonic&.
Sonic: (eyes black) &&..
Alyssa: (tears roll down her face; growls at herself frustrated)
Sonic: (growls defensively)
Alyssa: (runs up to him and hugs him)
Sonic: (blank) &&.. (hugs her protectively) Alyssa&. (tears up) Run&..Get away from me&
Alyssa: No&.I will stay&.
Sonic: I dont want to hurt you. (tightens his hold)
Alyssa: (starts choking) Cant&.breathe...
Sonic: Im&.sorry&. (growls deeply)
Alyssa: (heart is pounding fast)
Sonic: (can hear it and bites her on the shoulder)
Alyssa: (screams in pain; gets away from him and runs)
Sonic: (chases after her)
Alyssa: (trips and falls)
Sonic: (hovers over her)
Alyssa: (shoulder bleeds profusely; scratches at him)
Sonic: (growls; wipes the blood from his face and attacks her)
Alyssa: (uses all her strength to hold him back)
Sonic: (grabs her and slams her to the ground)
Alyssa: (moans in pain)
Sonic: (breaths heavy)

Alyssa: (pulls out her sword) Sonic the hedgehog, this ends today!! (slashes at him)
Sonic: (dodges)
Alyssa: (backs him into a tree and stabs him)
Sonic: (gasps in shock; eyes turn to a dark green) Alyssa&.(looks up at her; eyes full of agony; looks lost and broken)
Alyssa: (cries) SONIC!! (pulls out the sword; throws it; holds him) Sonic&..Im so sorry&..
Sonic: (memories flash before him; tears stream down his face)
Alyssa: (sits down at the base of the tree and holds him) Oh, Sonic&.Im so sorry&.
Sonic: No&I forgive you& (flinches) Im the one whos sorry&I-I tried to control it&.
Alyssa: Shhhh&.Its not you fault&
Sonic: (wipes her tears away) Dont cry, Aly&.. (moans in pain) you set me free&.
Alyssa: (sighs heavily) I wish it didnt have to end like this&..
Sonic: Me too&(takes a deep, painful, breath) But I know where Im going&.
Alyssa: Say hello to Jesus for me&
Sonic: (laughs lightly) I will.
Alyssa: I may join you soon&
Sonic: Why is that?
Alyssa: I may have caught the virus from you&Im scared, Sonic.
Sonic: I know&hopefully theyll find a cure for you&
Alyssa: Maybe&. (tears up)
Sonic: Hey, Alyssa?
Alyssa: Yes, Sonic?
Sonic: Tell Sally and all my family I love them and Ill wait for them&and tell Tails to stay strong.
Alyssa: (sniffles) okay&
Sonic: And if you dont get it, you stay strong too, ya hear?
Alyssa: (chokes) Yes&I will&
Sonic: Hey, Alyssa?
Alyssa: Yes?
Sonic: (smiles) It was an honor to be your guardian&.your best friend&(flinches but holds his smile) your brother&.
Alyssa: Sonic&.
Sonic: (pulls himself to his feet; kisses her on the forehead) I love ya, kid. (smiles) You made me proud.
Alyssa: I love you too, Sonic&.

Sonic: (stumbles away)
Alyssa: (follows)
Sonic: (collapses; rolls over on his back and stares at the sky)
Alyssa: (stands at a distance)
Sonic: Im sorry everyone&I love you all&
Alyssa: Sonic&.
Sonic: (looks over at his blood covered hand; knows that Alyssa is nearby) Goodbye&.Alyssa&.
Alyssa: (burst out in tears) SONIC!!!!!!!!!
Sonic: (closes his eyes and takes his final breath)
Alyssa: (runs to him and holds him while she cries)

That was it. My brother, my best friend, was gone. Never again will I see his goofy grin with his bright emerald green eyes shining in the sunlight. Never again will I feel his warm, protective embrace and his soft voice comforting my troubled heart. Never again will I see his blue blur running past me nor will I ever be able to fight by his side again. My heart shattered when he took his final breath. All the memories we shared flooded my mind. It was all over&.Fate had taken him.



Alyssa: (walks into the Freedom Fighter headquarters; face full of pain; eyes cold, dark, and sad; covered in blood)
Sally: (knows; covers her mouth in shock; tears up)
Everyone: (begins to weep)

I didnt even have to say anything. Just the look on my face, and my body covered with blood that wasnt even my own spoke louder than words ever could have.

For several days, no one in Mobotropolis was happy. We all grieved the loss of our fallen hero. We buried Sonic next to his favorite field of flowers, and under the willow tree. Sally, Bernie, Jules, Tails, and I visit everyday or every other day. Its sad, but well make it. The only problem is, theres more to this story than Sonic, the virus and his death. I was next in line.


Alyssa: (pacing nervously at Sissillias clinic)
Sissillia: Alyssa? (in a sad voice)
Alyssa: Sissy&..
Sissillia: (sighs sadly) You have the virus&.Im sorry&
Alyssa: (falls into her seat; shocked)
Tails: (holds her) Its okay, sweetie&Shell find a cure&Wont you?
Sissillia: Were no where close&Itd take a miracle&
Tails: (growls) Youll find one&I know it&
Alyssa: No, Tails&..You dont know that&.Youre in denial&&
Tails: Denial of what?
Alyssa: That Im going to die!
Tails: (shakes his head in disbelief) No, honey&..you cant die&.you just cant&.
Alyssa: (swallows hard) If you dont find a cure&.then please&.euthanize me before I murder innocent people&..
Tails: Alyssa!!! How dare you ask such a thing!!
Alyssa: What do you want me to do Tails? Im going to die! Id rather die before I kill a bunch a people!
Tails: It doesnt have to be that way&
Alyssa: You know what? Im out of here&. (leaves)

He was in denial. I knew that a cure would not be found in time&.It was the end of the road for me. For weeks, I slowly deteriorated. Those violent thoughts that Sonic said he had came to me, and I knew I was close. Tails still wouldnt let me go. I knew he would soon regret his decision. That day came&.and I was never the same.



Tails: (scared; backed against the wall) Alyssa&.Please no&..I-Im sorry&.I shouldve listened to you&&
Alyssa: (growls; eyes are black)
Sissillia: (hands Butch a syringe) Get her!!!
Butch and Louis: (grab Alyssa)
Alyssa: (gets away from them and escapes)
Tails: ALYSSA!!! (curls up on the floor and bawls)


I ran. I ran as fast as my feet could carry me&



Alyssa: (runs into a cave; sits down against the wall)&&&
Shadow: (appears out of nowhere) Alyssa?! (surprised)
Alyssa: (growling defensive)
Shadow: Oh&I see youve got that nasty virus too&.
Alyssa: (stops growling and watches him)
Shadow: (looks away) Gracie got it too&.But her tiny body was overwhelmed and&. (tears up) I watched her die&slowly&.
Alyssa: Shadow&..
Shadow: &.. (sits down beside her) you dont frighten me. Gracie was the most vicious thing Ive ever seen when she turned&.
Alyssa: && (leans up against him)
Shadow: ?? (puts his arm around her to support her) Sorry about Sonic&Its a shame.
Alyssa: (tears roll down her face, yet shows no emotion)
Shadow: (looks at her) Ill stay with you as long as you dont eat me. (grins)
Alyssa: (nods slowly)
Shadow: Im sure it gets lonely&..

He stayed. Shadow the hedgehog became my best friend. He kept me away from humanity, and took care of me. And yet, for some strange reason, I had no desire to kill him.

It must have been hard for him, when Gracie died. She meant everything to him. He loved her more than any other person on Mobius. To watch her die&..mustve been heartbreaking&.I know it was for me when I watched Sonic die&..


Shadow: (asleep; he dreams of when Gracie had the virus)

Shadow: (breaks into Snivelys hideout)

Frost: ??? Oh, well look at that. You decided to drop by?

Shadow: (growls) Where is Gracie?!

Frost: Oh, youre here for her&. (sighs)

Shadow: (grabs her by the arm) Im not playing games, Frost. Where is she?!

Frost: Easy now, hedgehog. (points down a hallway) Third door on the left.

Shadow: Humph. (goes down the hallway)

Frost: Dont I get a thank you?

Shadow: (ignores her and finds Gracie)

Gracie: (unconscious)

Shadow: No&.. (breaks down the bars to her cell; runs to her and holds her limp body) What have they done to you?

Gracie: (moans in pain) Shadow&&

Shadow: Dont worry, kitten. Ill get you out of this terrible place&.

Snively: Not so fast, hedgehog!

Shadow: (growls) What do you want?

Snively: Oh, nothing much&..I just wanted to show you the way out. (grins evilly)

Shadow: I dont think so. I think I can my own way out.

Snively: Suite yourself, hedgehog. (turns and walks out the door)

Shadow: (takes Gracie back home)

Gracie: (wakes up) Shadow?

Shadow: Yes, kitten?

Gracie: I&&(moans in pain) My head hurts&&.My whole body hurts&..(hands are shaking a little)

Shadow: Oh, Gracie, what did they do to you?

Gracie: Frost&.She betrayed us&.

Shadow: Thats why I tried to kill her, Gracie&..I knew that a long time ago&.

Gracie: (tears up) but it was still wrong&.Even then&.with that reason&.

Shadow: I know&.

Gracie: She&.She or Snivley one& injected this liquid into me&..And it made my head spin&I could feel the liquid pounding in my veins&



(flash-forward to several days later)



Gracie: (eyes black)

Shadow: (holds her protectively)

Gracie: (bites him)

Shadow: (flinches but holds his embrace)

Gracie: (struggles to get free)



Shadow: (wakes up) Gracie&.. (sits up quickly; looks around the room) Alyssa?

I wasnt there. I had left in the middle of the night. Why, I dont know. I just felt like I needed to go. Unfortunately, my midnight fleeing would end up costing me everything.



Alyssa: (sees Tails as she is running along)
Tails: (sees her too) Alyssa!!!!
Alyssa: (growls and attacks him)
Tails: (dodges her attacks) Alyssa, its me, Tails! Dont you recognize me?

I didnt. Even though I knew who he was, I still wanted to kill him. He became angry when Shadow appeared and I didnt go after him as well.



Tails: I cant believe this&.You would kill me, your love&..but you wouldnt kill him&..of all people&.
Shadow: humph. Whats that supposed to mean?
Tails: (growls at him) What it means is that-
Alyssa: (jumps on him and claws him)
Tails: (screams in pain and gets away)
Shadow: (chases after Alyssa)
Alyssa: (runs from him)
Shadow: (grabs her) Im sorry, Alyssa, but this ends today.
Alyssa: (stunned)
Tails: NOOOOO!!!!!
Shadow: (takes her behind a huge rock)
Alyssa: (screams in agony, then silences)
Shadow: (walks out from behind the rock) Im sorry, Tails. (disappears)

That was the end of me. I would no longer hurt my love, nor anyone else. My struggle to control the war within me was finally over. I no longer had to suffer. I just wish that Tails had not been there&.



Tails: (collapses to the ground and bawls)

Then later another day came. Tails was sitting in the same clinic I received my fatal diagnosis in. He was awaiting some bad news.



Sissillia: (sighs sadly) Im sorry, Tails&..
Tails: (eyes cold, dark, and distant) Its okay&Id rather die anyway&.
Sissillia: Now Tails, thats not the right way to look at this situation&Alyssa would want you to live your life to the best of your ability&
Tails: (tears up)
Sissillia: We have almost got a cure. You will be the first to receive it.
Tails: What if I dont want it?
Sissillia: Of course you want it.
Tails: (looks away) Ill think about it&

He eventually moved on, my memory stitched forever on his lonely heart. He survived, got the cure, moved on. I wish I didnt have to die&.But I did. Fate had me. I couldnt avoid it.



Neither can you. Maybe something like this would never happen in the real world, anythings possible. And after all, were not guaranteed another day on this Earth&Im just glad I made a good decision a long time ago, a decision that determined where Id spend eternity.



Now Im dancing with the angels in a place where illness or sadness can never be. I just hope you make the same decision. Itll be the best one you could ever make.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment