Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Meddling Sisters

This is the story of Akara, the Red Demon of Kiri, her life as a new Suna nin, and the demon she fell in love with.
ChaosShipping, IgenShipping, YakusokaShipping (MariaKabuto), HyperShipping

Chapter 4 - Meddling Sisters

Chapter 4 - Meddling Sisters
Hey!~ More goodness! I'm happy with all the comments I've gotten for this...but please tell your fans and friends about it...I'd like to have more readers...


Gaara stared at the kunoichi smirking before him, completely and utterly confused.

"I beg your pardon?"

Akara's smirk grew wider. "I asked if they come in red. It's a yes or no question, Kazekage-sama."

"Why on earth would you ask such a ridiculous question?"

"Let's just say I really like red," she said, emerald eyes flashing mischeviously.

"I like red too, but you don't see me asking about it," he shot back.

"Of course you wouldn't. To do so would require asking oneself, and if I were you, I'd be very concerned if my political leader began talking to himself."

She had him there. Finding himself unable to provide a rebuttal, he idly ran a hand through his red hair. Pressing a button on the intercom, he sighed.

"Temari, get the keys to the storeroom."

~~~~~~~~~~

Akara looked up at the stacks of boxes and the shelves that seemed to reach for the heavens.

"Impressive," she remarked.

"Isn't it," said Temari proudly. The blonde kunoichi walked over to a small stack of boxes, and pulled one out from near the middle. Even in the semidarkness, Akara could make out a faded label reading "experimental colors".

"These were all the test colors from just after the appointment of the third Kazekage...they were rejected by the council because they were thought to be too frivolous." She pulled a bloodred band from a tangle of multicolored ribbons.

"Here we are." Temari handed it over to the other kunoichi, and smiled.

"You are aware that you will need to take a physical?"

Akara stiffened. She turned to face the Kazekage, looking at him with confusion and ...was that fear?

"I beg your pardon?"

"Surely you are aware that you are required to take a physical exam..."

She began shaking violently, headband nearly slipping out from her fingers.

"No," she replied shrilly, "i am not taking a physical! You cannot force me to!"

"I can and will." Gaara was calm, face a mask of impassivity. "I am Kazekage, and as a shinobi of this village, you are bound by honor and rank to do as I commmand."

She glared at him, emerald eyes flashing in anger.

"I will not be commanded. I am not yours or the council's puppet."

"Nevertheless, it is a requirement that even I submit to. If you refuse, you cannot be a shinobi of this village."

He watched her struggle over the options in her mind, and smirked in triumph when she sighed in defeat.

"When?"

"Three o'clock this afternoon. Do not be late."

~~~~~~~~~~

Four o'clock found Akara in a foul mood. The medics seemed different from the ones in Kiri, and it threw her off.

Medics ask too many questions, she thought bitterly. She was interrupted by the arrival of Temari.

"Akara-san?"

"Yes, Temari-sama?"

The blonde looked around. "I know that Gaara can be a bit of a jerk, but try not to let it get to you. I wanted to ask, do you have a place you can stay?"

Akara replied in the negative. Temari grinned.

"How about staying at my place? My brothers and I have plenty of room, and I'm sure they won't mind!"

"Brothers?"

"Yeah!" Temari led the other kunoichi through the maze of alleys leading to her home. "i have two. Both can be really stupid at times, but they grow on you."

They took another turn, and entered a spectacular courtyard filled with infinite varieties of desert wildflowers. Temari led a stunned Akara up the walkway, meandering her way past a large sandstone sculpture.

"Kankuro? Are you here?" A teen with purple facepaint, black jumsuit, and a curious cat-eared hoodpoked his head out of a doorway.

"Yeah, I just got back from..." his explanation petered out in his throat when he noticed Akara standing beside his sister.

"Hey, 'Mari," he started, gesturing toward Akara, "Who's the chick?"

Akara felt a twinge of annoyance.

"I am Akara no Yashara, and I do not appreciate your tone. Do you understand, or do I need to use shorter words?"

Kankuro gulped. "Understand. Crystal clear, ma'am."

Akara smiled, and turned to Temari.

"Where will I be staying?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Gaara returned home in a foul mood also. The finances were an annoyance he could do without.

"I detest math," he muttered to himself. He turned a corner, throwing his straw Kazekage hat onto a sidetable. Entering the kitchen, all thoughts of dinner left the red-head's thoughts.

"TEMARI!"

The person before him winced.

"Temari-chan's brother is YOU?!"

"What the hell are you doing in my house?!"

Temari poked in her head.

"Sorry Gaara, I forgot to mention..."

She gestured toward the kunoichi before the enraged red-headed teen.

"Akara-san's staying with us for a while."

Haha! And now the fun begins! I'll have a new chapter by next week, I swear! Comment! Sayonara!

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

setokaibaslittlesis on December 17, 2007, 5:24:13 AM

setokaibaslittlesis on
setokaibaslittlesis=333
This is a very nifty story, yessirree.

FluffysPrincess2968 on November 5, 2007, 6:27:42 AM

FluffysPrincess2968 on
FluffysPrincess2968LOL!! I hate the doctor to! and math... but i have pre-algebra... -_-

PandaChan21 on November 6, 2007, 12:29:31 AM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21Doctors ask too many questions...it scares meh...

KionaKina on October 19, 2007, 10:05:02 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaLOL! I agree, the fun IS beginning

PandaChan21 on October 22, 2007, 4:30:52 AM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21Yes it is. ^_)l

SnowKitty on October 20, 2007, 3:03:22 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyHm. . . things are gonna get interesting. Great job! ^^