Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - I Don't Wanna Be In Love

This is the story of Akara, the Red Demon of Kiri, her life as a new Suna nin, and the demon she fell in love with.
ChaosShipping, IgenShipping, YakusokaShipping (MariaKabuto), HyperShipping

Chapter 12 - I Don't Wanna Be In Love

Chapter 12 - I Don't Wanna Be In Love
New Chapter! Yeah...I'm suprisingly still awake...listen, if you want to know what Gaara's room looks like for this fic, you seriously need to read this fic. I'm not even joking.


http://www.fanart-central.net/story-50001.html


Enjoy the fic, okays? *throws more confetti*


Akara was on the roof. The festival was still going, and in the rush of people she knew she wouldn't be missed. She sighed, ruffling her bangs with her hands. Her kimono was half off her shoulders, her wooden zori in one hand and her legs hanging off the roof. Her skin was bathed in moonlight, making it glow preternaturally white.

He doesn't know anything about me...how can he think that? I swear, if he weren't Kazekage...

She sighed. It had to be at least two in the morning. She was suprised anyone wanted to stay awake. She slipped a hand into the kimono, pressing her cold fingers on the scar on her right side.

I hope he never finds out.

~~~~~~~~~~

Gaara was stunned.

Kaori stared at her hands. He sat in silence, and she turned to face him.

"Don't tell Akara I told you. She'll never forgive me if I did."

"I understand." He sat up. "I need to go."

Kaori nodded. "She's going to be on the roof. She always does that, even at home."

Gaara nodded, and left.

~~~~~~~~~~

Gaara entered his room, the moonlight filtering through the stained glass window leading up to the roof. He opened the hidden door, which floated soundlessly on well-oiled hinges. He took the stairs off the left side of the balcolny two at a time, remaining perfectly silent. Peeking out over the edge of the rooftop, he saw Akara sitting in the moonlight, staring up at the moon, tears flowing down her cheeks as she sang.

Let's get these teen hearts beating; faster, faster...
So testosterone boys and harlequin girls,
Will you dance to this beat, and hold a lover close?
So testosterone boys and harlequin girls,
Will you dance to this beat, and hold a lover close?


Gaara remained silent as he watched her sob silently, voice wavering each time she did. She seems so sad...

He climbed the remaining three steps to the rooftop. She still sang.

Let's get these teen hearts beating; faster, faster...
So testosterone boys and harlequin girls,
Will you dance to this beat, and hold a lover close?
So testosterone boys and harlequin girls,
Will you dance to this beat, and hold a lover close?


She paused, wiping the tears from her eyes, and Gaara watched as she hugged her arms, shivering. Gaara didn't want her to stop: her voice was mesmerizing. She let in a shuddering breath.

So testosterone boys and harlequin girls,
Dance to this beat...
So testosterone boys and harlequin girls,
Dance to this beat...
And hold a lover close...
Let's get these teen hearts beating, faster, faster...
Let's get these teen hearts beating, faster...


Her song ended, and he noticed her shiver again. Lucky for her, he had his cloak. He walked up behind her and wrapped it around her shoulders. She turned sharply, saw his face, and turned away again, ashamed.

"Don't turn away."

She glanced over to him, watching as he sat beside her. He grabbed her chin, turning her to face him.

"It's alright to cry. We can all survive. You just need someone to show you the way."

She stared at him, then gave a small, uncertain smile.

It was the very first time he'd ever seen her smile, and he never wanted to see anything else. Her smile wasn't the happy smile many people had: it was Naruto's smile, one that masked her sadness while allowing it to escape.

"Why do you always catch me during a song," she asked half-jokingly, letting out a shuddering breath.

Gaara didn't answer her. He only chuckled, and helped her up.

~~~~~~~~~~

What is this feeling?

Akara entered her room. Closing the plain door behind her, she slipped out of her kimono, letting it drop to the floor. She quietly put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, and slipped into her bed.

Why do I want to see his face? Why do I feel this way?

He was always giving her attention. Granted, it was usually the kind of attention that you would give an annoying rival, but it was attention all the same. She turned on her right side, the scar itching slightly.

I can't love him! No! He's annoying, arrogant, egotistic, and...

She stopped. Her eyes went wide.

I love him.

She sat up, dazed. Kami...I love Sabaku no Gaara. I love the Kazekage.

It was wild, insane, completely unfounded. She couldn't get her mind off him. She loved his eyes, his smirk, the way he spoke even sent chills up her spine. He was in her mind, and he was intent on not letting go. She lay down in bed again, staring up at the ceiling.

I can't love. I'm a shinobi. I don't want to be in love...love is a luxury I cannot afford...

She turned on her left side, the side that faced the window. Moonlight shone brightly on his cloak, which lay on the chair next to her bed.

She wasn't going to sleep that night, that was for sure.

The songs I listened to while I wrote are Lying Is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off by Panic! At the Disco and I Don't Wanna Be In Love by Good Charlotte. I used the lyrics for the Panic! At the Disco song though. YouTube them if you don't have the songs, they're both really good! Now please comment. I'd really appreciate it if you did.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KionaKina on December 4, 2007, 9:14:25 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaI...love...that...song!!!!

Maria is gonna let me borrow the CD with it. IT'S HARDCORE!! But I cant's imagine a girl singing it, sorry. It's still awesome

Oh my dear Akara-sama *Hugs her* That's so great! I love the way the ending was written.

Ahh... ^_^ So awesome, made me happy. Update please

PandaChan21 on December 4, 2007, 1:08:30 PM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21I'm glad you're happy, Kay-chan. You are honestly one of my most faithful reviewers.

SnowKitty on December 4, 2007, 8:01:53 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyWOOHOO! I'M FIRST TO COMMENT THIS CHAPPIE! XD

Anyhoo, great chappie! I wish I could say more, but I feel lazy right now.

PandaChan21 on December 4, 2007, 8:58:37 AM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21Thank you Ki-chan.