Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Fancy Dinner Party

This is the story of Akara, the Red Demon of Kiri, her life as a new Suna nin, and the demon she fell in love with.
ChaosShipping, IgenShipping, YakusokaShipping (MariaKabuto), HyperShipping

Chapter 15 - Fancy Dinner Party

Chapter 15 - Fancy Dinner Party
Ha...I loved my Christmas! *jams out to new songs* I got iTunes, an iHome, and a crapload of junk! I love the holidays! *starts throwing red and green confetti*


"There is no way in HELL that I'm giving up the bed," Akara snarled.

"Good...because I'm not going to let you have it," Gaara shot back.

They locked each other into a death glare competition, and Akara threw her stuff down on the floor.

"I get the bed."

Gaara glared harder. "Contrary to that belief, I believe I will be getting the bed."

Akara smirked. "Whatever happened to chivalry?"

Gaara smirked back. "Who said that I'm not being chivalrous? I'm using samurai chivalry, which states that a woman has to shift for herself if she wants something done."

"If you think I'll let you get away with that remark, Gaara-san, then you are sadly mistaken."

Akara pushed him out of her way, and he pushed her back, sending her falling on her back on the bed. She grabbed the front of his shirt in an attempt to stay upright, and he came down with her.

They were in a very awkward position. Gaara had one leg between Akara's two legs. Her left hand had him held slightly above her, but she hadn't let go of his shirt. Her right wrist was enveloped in his left hand, while his right forearm kept him lifted above her. Their eyes locked in on each other, mirroring suprise, and was that...desire?

"Gaara-sama..." she breathed lightly, "get off me, please."

Why was she saying that when her heart was telling her to let him lay there?

Why did he not want to leave?

He slowly got off, and she sat up, fixing her hair. After an awkward silence, Gaara spoke.

"We might as well sleep in the bed together, because it will raise suspicion if we don't share it."

"You're right. We should probably fix the genjutsu so that it's fine-tuned and set for the duration of the mission."

"Agreed."

~~~~~~~~~~

Gaara was sitting on the bed, fixing his tie and wondering what the hell could be taking Akara so long. She'd locked herself in the bathroom, and hadn't come out in a while. The creak of the bathroom door made him turn, and he vaguely remembered thanking Kami he did.

Akara's brown, nearly black altered hair had been curled and pulled back into a loose bun. Her makeup was flawless, with devil-red lips and liquid eyeliner. She wore a long, crimson dress with a slit that tempted him to touch but told him he'd die trying. Her long neck was bare, but she held a necklace with a bloodred diamond pendant. She seemed to be having difficulty getting it on.

"Gaara-sama," she said, walking toward him, "can you clasp this for me? I can't get it on by myself."

Oh dear Kami...

He wordlessly stood up. She was a full head shorter than him, he being six foot one, she being only about five foot six. He took the necklace from her outstretched hand, and he put it around her neck. Fixing the minute clasp, he couldn't help running a finger down her neck, gently stroking from nape to base. He heard her gasp sharply, and he turned her to face him.

"Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Jiro, stop fidgeting," said Akara, using Gaara's cover, "you'll ruin your suit."

Gaara scowled, and glared at her. "Aika, don't repremand me. It's so unlike you."

They were at a fancy dinner party being thrown by the leader of the rebels. He used his cover well, posing as the corperate leader of a major shipping company to recruit investors to his cause. The man heard Gaara, and walked up to them.

"Ah, the couple from Wind Country," he said, voice made loud with bravado and sake. Akara fluttered her eyelashes.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ken-san. Jiro-koi, say hello to Ken-san. It's only polite."

Gaara rolled his eyes at her, and bowed. "Konnichiwa, Ken-san. I am Jiro Masayoshi. I see you've already met my wife Aika?"

"Yes," Ken replied, kissing Akara's hand. Gaara narrowed his eyes.

"Aika-chan, have you seen the refreshments table?"

Akara turned to face Gaara. "Why Jiro-koi, are you jealous? How terribly adorable!"

Gaara didn't answer her. Instead, he turned her to the table.

"I thought we'd agreed to not blow our cover," he hissed, disguising his movements with a well-placed reach for a glass of sake.

"I'm not. I'm pretending to be a playful, doting wife, Jiro-koi..."

Gaara glared. "Stop calling me that."

Akara smiked. "Would you reather I called you Gaara-koi?"

Gaara didn't answer her.

"Masayoshi! Both of you! Come here and meet the other investors!"

Gaara and Akara linked their arms together, and Akara put on her fake smile.

"Come, Jiro-koi," she said, walking toward Ken, "we have to be dignified."

"Oh yes, like I don't do that every day," he said sarcastically.

"I was speaking with my friend Kentaro here," said Ken, "and he was saying that he heard that Wind Country dwellers are supposed to be gifted dancers and singers. Is this true?"

"Well," said Gaara, slipping his arm around Akara's waist, "Wind Country is well-known for their education program...it's no wonder that word of our focus on the arts has spread..."

Gaara watched the man's face fall as he eyed the arm around Akara's waist. Gaara tightened his grip. He didn't trust this man. He didn't trust this man at all.

"Perhaps you both could give us a demonstration," said Ken, snapping his fingers.

One of the musicians in the corner pulled out a guitar. Akara instantly paniked.

Gaara pulled her out to the dance floor, and let go.

"Just do what's natural," he hissed.

Akara stood still. This was beginning to get out of hand, but before she could say that she'd rather sing first, the music began, a Latin beat.

She felt the music rush through her body, and she lowered her eyes. She began to move her hips, music making her body flow. The singer that evening began to sing again.

Like a gift from the heavens,
It was easy to tell...
It was love from above that could save me from hell...


Gaara stared, unable to look away. Akara had a magnetism about her when she danced...it seemed to only affect him, however.

She had fire in her soul,
It was easy to see...
How the devil himself could be pulled out of me...


Gaara walked foward, and tapped her shoulder. She looked at him through her eyelashes, and smirked. He wrapped his arm around her waist, joining into the rapidly-paced flaminco.

There were drums in the air as she started to dance,
Every soul in the room keeping time with their hands and we sang


The two moved in tandem, each movement evoking passion and fire.

A-yo-a-yo-a-yo-a
And the voices rang like the angels sang, singing
A-yo-a-yo-a-yo-a
And we danced on into the night
And we danced on into the night


Akara whirled, her skirt fluttering and wrapping around her legs. Gaara reached around and pulled her hair out of its bun, and the now-wavy hair cascaded free.

Like a piece to the puzzle that falls into place
You could tell how we felt from the look on our faces


Gaara felt himself losing control, as if he were a spectator looking down on his own life. Akara smoldered, ignighting an inner flame in his soul. She passed mere millimeters from his body, her lips grazing his cheek.

We was spinning in circles with the moon in our eyes
No room left to move in between you and I


They were closer now, their fingers laced together and his right arm around her waist. Her left hand rested on her shoulder.

We forgot where we were and we lost track of time
And we sang to the wind, as we danced through the night


Each distraction melted away as their breathing mingled together and their heartrate skyrocketed. All that was present were the two of them.

A-yo-a-yo-a-yo-a
And the voices rang like the angels sang, singing
A-yo-a-yo-a-yo-a
And we danced on into the night
And we danced on into the night


The man with the guitar went into a solo as the crowd watched the couple whirl, spin, dip and dance. They were like fire and ice, wind and spirit, moving like they were mere extensions of their partner. They all felt the passion, the burning heat...it was incredible.

Like a gift from the heavens
It was easy to tell
It was love from above that could save me from hell


They slowed with the music, his hands running along her curves, caressing her form. Her breathing went ragged, and he was moments from ravishing her right then and there.

She had fire in her soul
It was easy to see
How the devil himself could be pulled out of me


One of her hands tangled in his hair; their eyes, though changed, burned for each other.

There were drums in the air as she started to dance
Every soul in the room keeping time with their hands and we sang


Dip, whirl, shuffle, and dip; her form melded with his, keeping perfect time with him.

A-yo-a-yo-a-yo-a
And the voices rang like the angels sang, singing
A-yo-a-yo-a-yo-a
And we danced on into the night
And we danced on into the night


The crowd began to cheer, amazed with the lithe, beautiful female and the sexy, talented male.

A-yo-a-yo-a-yo-a
And the voices rang like the angels sang, singing
A-yo-a-yo-a-yo-a
And we danced on into the night
And we danced on into the night


They slowed, and he cupped her head in his hand. Slowly, he brought her leg to rest near his hip, and her body into a low dip. His eyes burned into hers.

A-yo-a-yo-a-yo-a
And the voices rang like the angels sang, singing
A-yo-a-yo-a-yo-a
A-yo-a-yo-a-yo-a
A-yo-a-yo-a-yo-a


Akara didn't know what made her do it, but she did it: she kissed him. It was everything she had wanted it to be: He was gentle, soft...tempered with desire, she just had to admit: the Kazekage could kiss.

And we danced on into the night

The song ended, and the crowd burst into applause. Gaara and Akara were forcibly jerked into the alien place called Real Life, and they both broke into twin smirks. Both joined hands, and they bowed.

"Amazing," exclaimed Ken. He scurried up to them, reminding Gaara of a rodent.

"Aika! You and your husband are certainly the life of the party," he said, grasping Akara's hand. Gaara found himself wanting to Sabaku Kyuu the man, and forced himself to repress that particular urge.

"Now then...Aika, could you please come with me for a moment...?"

Akara looked at Gaara, who just nodded. She let go of his hand, and he let her go. Gaara leaned against a pillar, and lightly pressed his fingers to his lips.

Akara had kissed him. She'd kissed him.

Akara returned to his side, and he snapped out of it.

"Ken is pleased with my performance with you. He's taken the bait, Gaara-san. Phase one: complete."

Oh dear...it looks like things are heating up between Gaara and Akara, hmm? This next chapter might make people mad at me...please refrain from throwing tomatoes at me! if you wanna throw tomatoes, throw them at Sasuke! He EATS them!

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FluffysPrincess2968 on January 1, 2008, 5:42:15 AM

FluffysPrincess2968 on
FluffysPrincess2968OMG DON'T THROW TOMATOES AT HER!!! SASUKE WILL EAT HER!!!!
BTW... where the hell did that come from anyway? Is it in an episode or something?

PandaChan21 on January 4, 2008, 6:15:42 AM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21It's in the Official fanbook. It says that he likes tomatoes...I know, i don't get it either...

SnowKitty on December 29, 2007, 11:10:46 AM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyHee hee. That's so true. Sasuke probably would eat them! Great chappie!

FluffysPrincess2968 on December 28, 2007, 11:05:05 AM

FluffysPrincess2968 on
FluffysPrincess2968I know u said not to comment, but...
OMG THATS MY FAV SONG OF AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!

PandaChan21 on December 29, 2007, 4:48:38 AM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21Same here!