Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Another Day At the Office

This is the story of Akara, the Red Demon of Kiri, her life as a new Suna nin, and the demon she fell in love with.
ChaosShipping, IgenShipping, YakusokaShipping (MariaKabuto), HyperShipping

Chapter 20 - Another Day At the Office

Chapter 20 - Another Day At the Office
Bored beyond reason. *throws confetti lazily*


It was a relatively normal day at the office for Akara: She sat at her desk, filing paperwork and occasionally signing documents for Gaara. She walked into his office, dropping off paperwork for him to sign after his meeting, and stopped.

A scream pierced the relative calm of the Kazekage Tower.

~~~~~~~~~~

“GAARA-SAMA!”

Shinobi jumped out of the way as Akara ran through the halls of the tower.

“GAARA-SAMA!”

In a boardroom, a certain redhead sneezed. A medic paused in his presentation, staring. Gaara motioned for him to continue.

“GAARA-SAMA!”

Akara whisked past an open office. Temari watched as the frantic kunoichi ran past, and sweat dropped.

“GAARA-SAMA!”

Gaara sighed. “Very well, Ikari-san. Have the forms for the plans sent to my assistant by Thursday. Meeting dismissed.”

“GAARA-SAMA!”

Akara turned a corner and slammed into Gaara.

“Gaara-sama! It was horrible!”

He stared, then sighed. “What is it now?”

“I was in your office…”

“Okay.”

“Dropping off a few documents…”

“Alright…”

“When I saw…”

“Are you going somewhere with this?”

“…A scorpion.”

Gaara stared blankly at the girl before him.

“…A scorpion?”

Akara pulled a Shojo Face. “Uh huh! It was all big, and black, and scaaary!!”

“Are you serious? Akara-san, we live in the desert! You’re a kunoichi of Suna! GET USED TO IT!!!”

She began to sob pathetically. “But…but…it was scaaary! And gross!”

Gaara ran an agitated hand through his hair. “Fine…where did you see it?”

She instantly brightened. “Oh, I killed it already. But it was still pretty gross!”

Gaara twitched.

“I utterly loathe you, do you know that?”

“No you don’t! Everyone likes me!”

Temari walked up. “It’s true. Me and Kankuro like her!”

“Et tu, dear sister?”

“Yup!”

Gaara could only sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~

Gaara sat at his desk, reading a document while Akara filed paperwork. He was reading it so intently that he didn’t notice Akara stop filing and sneak up behind his chair.

“Gaara-sama…” she said in a singsong voice, dragging out his name.

“What?”

“Gaaaara-saaama…” she said again.

“What?!”

“Gaaaaaaaara-saaaaama…”

“WHAT?!”

“I’m taking the day off, bye!”

And with that, she ran out the door, leaving behind a stunned redhead. Temari walked in, and saw the look on his face.

“She pulled the ‘I’m taking the day off’ thing again, huh?”

He nodded.

“Dude, you’re such a pansy.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Akara wandered the marketplace, wanting to get a new kunai set, when she bumped into a little girl carrying some scrolls.

“Gomen,” said the girl. Akara grinned.

“It’s alright. I should’ve been paying attention. I’m Akara.”

The girl grinned back “I’m Matsuri. I was on my way to Kazekage Tower to drop off a mission report for Gaara-sensei.”

Akara snorted. “You mean to tell me that Gaara-sama had a student?”

“Yes,” said Matsuri a bit testily, “I’m his student.”

Akara burst out laughing. “That little…oh god, this is great! I finally have some more stuff against him!”

“Against him?”

“Yeah,” said Akara, wiping tears from her eyes, “I’m his assistant.”

“Assistant…? Oh! You’re the girl from Kiri that everyone’s been talking about! So tell me, is the rumor true that you live with Gaara-sensei in his house?”

Akara looked at Matsuri strangely. “I live in his house, but not with him…to be perfectly frank, I just don’t like him.”

“What’s not to like?! He’s handsome, skilled, and he’s Kazekage! He’s the most eligible bachelor in Suna, to boot!”

“He’s also sarcastic, sexist, rude, and easily beat.”

“And how do you know this?”

“Because number one, I live in his house, and number two, I beat him only an hour after I left the hospital.”

Matsuri stared at the girl before her.

“You beat Gaara-sensei?”

“Yup!”

“Is that even possible?”

“Only took me seven minutes…”

“Wow.”

Akara laughed at the wide-eyed look on the girl’s face. “How about you come to the mansion for lunch?”

~~~~~~~~~~

Gaara came home at five that day, cursing Akara to the darkest pit of hell. Slamming the door closed, he was quickly ambushed by Matsuri.

“Gaara-sensei!”

“Ah shoot,” he muttered, “Who let you in?”

“That’d be me,” said Akara, leaning against the kitchen doorway. Gaara growled.

“Matsuri, get off.”

“Yes, Gaara-sensei.”

“Go home.”

“Bye, Gaara-sensei!”

Matsuri ran out the door, and Gaara turned his fury on the Jonin in his kitchen.

“Akara-san,” he said tersely, “next time, tell me when you invite a fangirl into my home.”

“Not tell you about the rampaging fangirl in your house? Okay!”

She ran up the stairs, Gaara hot on her heels.

“Damn it, Akara-san! This isn’t a joke!”

“It isn’t? Oh, well why was it so funny, then?”

“Damn you!”

Temari and Kankuro walked into the house. Akara and Gaara were running around, jumping off the stairwell and crashing painfully into furniture. The two older Sand Sibs watched for a few minutes, before making their presence known.

“So is dinner ready, or what?”

~~~~~~~~~~

They ended up eating takeout that night, with much arguing over bahn bao and dango about movies (among other things).

“Gaara-sama,” whined Akara, “Do I have Sunday off again?”

“Yes,” he replied tersely. He hated it when she did the whiny voice.

“’Gaara-sama’,” mimicked Kankuro, “Why do you always do that, ‘Kara-chan?”

“The whiny voice? It’s because I know that he knows that I know he hates that voice.”

“And he knows that I know that he’s putty when you use the Shojo Face,” said Temari smugly. Gaara frowned.

“I hate you all.”

“We love you too,” said Temari, “fork over the pork buns.”

So bored...I'm supposed to be doing homework...Oh well.By the way, bahn bao is a name for pork buns. Those things are godly...

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SnowKitty on February 18, 2008, 9:05:36 PM

SnowKitty on
SnowKittyFunny chappie! ^^

FluffysPrincess2968 on February 18, 2008, 8:21:49 AM

FluffysPrincess2968 on
FluffysPrincess2968lawl. xD
god i got a good laugh out of that. nya, i already finished mah homework. :P

hflp on February 18, 2008, 8:17:16 AM

hflp on
hflpThat was great. Always good to add a little humor to a story.

setokaibaslittlesis on February 18, 2008, 6:39:44 AM

setokaibaslittlesis on
setokaibaslittlesisWee!
That was great. =D
Now to maybe possibly hopefully write another chapter of my story.
But don't get your hopes up.
-lazy-