Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Finally

So, I've been doing a few song fics lately. You all know what those are, don't you? Taking the lyrics of a song and creating a story? Okay, good. So these are the ones I've written. Have fun.

Chapter 6 - Finally

Chapter 6 - Finally
Finally

They always say the same thing first. Have you noticed that? They always do, like they know each other and have a silent agreement.

“Trust me,” he whispers to me, smiling slightly, “there’s no need to fear.”

Yes, there is, my mind responds, in that same whispering voice.

“Everyone’s here, waiting for you to be one of us,” he says, as if to comfort me, maybe reading my thoughts. He holds out his hand, his eyes begging me to trust him, to go with him.

To believe in him.

“Come down…” he coaxes me, as I place my hand in his.
You’ll regret this, the little voice in my head tells me.

As we go down into the dimly lit basement, I can feel the sharp hands of fear run down my back. As if sensing my fear, he squeezes my hand.

“You may be full of fear, but you’ll be safe here,” he encourages me, smiling freely now, as he leads me further down the stairs, then into the basement itself.

“When will the fear go away?” I whisper, barely audible.

But he hears. “When you finally trust me, completely; when you believe in me. You’ll see.”

I seem to remember someone say this to me before, but when it came down to it, really came down to it, he said, “I will let you down.” So why does this seem to similar? Will he let me down too?

“Just trust me,” his eyes seem to say as he looks back at me. “Believe in me and everything will be fine.”

We enter the room, where everyone is seated on the couches or leaning against the wall, talking in hushed tones. Most of the conversations stop, however, when I enter the room, pulled along by him.

He pulls me in front of him, holding my shoulders from behind. “Trust me,” he whispers into my ear, “I’ll be there when you need me.”

One of the girls stands and comes to me, taking my hands in hers. “You’ll be safe here. No one can touch you here. When you finally trust us all, you’ll understand. You’ll believe our words.”

“And we won’t let you down,” says one of the young men on the arm of a sofa. He smiles the same way as the man behind me. “So don’t worry; we’re all family here, we look out for each other.”

“I…I won’t let you down…” I murmur glancing at my feet.
Another girl giggles. “Don’t look so afraid. Like Nick said, we’re all family here. When you finally trust us, you’ll believe us; we won’t let you down.”

~~~~

I never want to come down there again. Never. But I know I’ll have to go down there again, only because that’s where I belong. Or so I’ve been told.

But no, I never want to come down there. It frightens me, that room full of them, as if it’s the most natural thing in the world.

“We’re all family here,” Yeah, sure. I highly doubt that.

Told you, sneers the little voice. They will let you down.

Yeah, they remind me too much of the last group. They all said they wouldn’t let me down, but what did they do when it came to the important part?

“Sorry, but I know I’ll let you down. Don’t rely on me,” said the leader.

So I went to another of the group.

“I’ll let you down, seriously; I’m no good in a battle.”

And I finally trusted them, too. I believed in them.

“I don’t protect, I attack; I’ll screw you over, sorry.”

Yeah, he’ll let me down, big time.

And the last one? Same thing.

“I’ll let you down, sorry.”

I knew I shouldn’t have trusted them. I shouldn’t have believed they would protect me.

That’s why I’m here, laying on my back, a stake in my heart, my body turning to dust as I fade away.

Finally, it comes down to this. But I don’t care anymore. Strangely, I’m okay with it. I won’t be let down anymore. It’s all over.

Finally.

Author's note: Yeah, about this. Sorry if it seems emo-ish. I'm not too happy at the moment. I really need to give up on people. -_-' But kudos to anyone who can discover 1) which song this is from, 2) the band (its a give-aways if you get the song), and 3) what all the characters where, especially the main char. YAY. :P ....................TT_TT

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment