Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Take My Hand

So, I've been doing a few song fics lately. You all know what those are, don't you? Taking the lyrics of a song and creating a story? Okay, good. So these are the ones I've written. Have fun.

Chapter 7 - Take My Hand

Chapter 7 - Take My Hand
Take My Hand Song Fic of "Don't Jump" by Tokio Hotel

There was once a time when I would do anything for you and you for me. I never even considered that time could end. I never considered you would leave my side, even for a second. You were always there, a solid foundation for my chaotic insanity. That's how I viewed it, you know; I loved you like no other.

But, now, as I stand here on top of the roof, the air so cold and so calm, I can't help but think that, somewhere along the way, I became too dependent on you. I say your name in silence, remembering when I tried to keep you by my side. How selfish that was; you said you didn't want to hear it right now. I realize it was selfish, but you were the only thing keeping me sane, the only thing keeping me in this world.

Looking out over the roof, I imagine the eyes of the city counting every one of my tears as they fall down. Each one was a promise of everything you never found, and yet you had to leave to find something that will never come to you. Why couldn't you stay here, with me? We were happy.

I scream into the night for you, my tears falling into my hands. Don't make this true, let it be a dream, come back to me!

"Don't jump," I imagine your voice telling me. I turn, seeing your face, "The lights will not guide you through. They're deceiving you. Don't jump."

"Just promise me you won't let memories of me and you go," I whisper, my eyes blurring with the tears.

"I won't; the world is down there out of view, only me and you are here. Please don't jump."

I shake my head, holding myself because you can't, closing my eyes against the pain in my heart. I open them again, hoping you are there, but even the illusion of you is gone. I can't remember why I was waiting for you. As the snow falls quietly down, I just can't feel it anymore. I know, somewhere out there, I lost myself in the pain. I glance at the edge of the roof, my dream of the end so I can start all over again.

With determined steps, I make my way through the slowly piling snow to the edge of the roof, climbing on top of the lip meant to keep you from falling. I smile at the irony.

I scream your name into the night, my tears falling down over the edge.

"Don't make this true, don't jump!" I hear your scream echo mine.

I search for you, but all I see is a pathway of lights, down to the ground. In the middle of those lights, I finally see you. You came back for me.

I see you start to run, running to the building I'm on top of; are you going to try to stop me, and then leave me again? No, I can't allow that. You won't stop me just to leave me again.

The lights may not guide me to you, but they will guide me to the ground. They aren't deceiving me.

"Don't jump!" I hear you scream, your breath coming in gasps as you climb the stairs.

I smile sadly into the night, looking over my shoulder at the roof exit.

"Don't let memories of me and you go."

I turn back to the world down there, out of view, looking straight ahead.

"Please don't jump, don't jump," I hear you whisper.

I must be really insane, hearing you so close. But I glance behind me, all the same, and there you are.

"I don't know how long I can hold you strong, I don't know how long, but just take my hand, give it a chance! Don't jump! Please!"

Your tears match mine, and I smile.

"I screamed for you...you left me and you didn't come back. You only came back now because I'm going to jump."

"Please, don't make that true! Don't jump!"

"You just don't want blood on your conscious. You'll blame yourself, as you should." I turn back to the path of light. "Look, the city's lights will guide me down.

"No, they're deceiving you! Don't jump!"

"Just don't let go of memories of you and me...those are all we have left, after all."

I smile at the world down there, so far out of view and yet so close you could touch it.

"Please don't jump..." you choke out in a whisper. "Don't jump..."

"And if all that can't hold me back?"

I feel your touch on my shoulder. "Then I'll jump for you."






Twin Suicide Jump

Attempted Calming of Suicide Ends in Two Deaths

The New Suicide Trend: Jumping


Author's Note: Hope you enjoyed. And just so you know, I'm not suicidal, I'm just an empath; I can feel other's feelings, and I get the sense of suicide from one of my friends I just can't tell which one. So i'm trying to spend as much time with all of them as I can. (not going well, btw) -_-'

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment