Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Pemberley

This story is about a thirteen year old girl named Arial who has discovered a secret...

Chapter 1 - Pemberley

Chapter 1 - Pemberley
It was a cold winter day, and a young girl was walking along an old trail that lead to her favorite place: an abandoned castle. The young girl’s name was Arial, she was thirteen, she had dark brown hair and hazel eyes.
She always longed for adventure, and she usually only quenched that desire by reading an adventurous book. Pemberley was her one and only place of mischief and adventure. A place where she felt she belonged. A place of her own.
“Here it is!” exclaimed Arial.
“Wow! It is just like you described it!” said Georgiana.
Georgiana was a close friend of Arial. She was shy, pretty, and had just turned fourteen. She had long blonde hair that was the perfect texture, and she was very kind. She was always sensible, and used her head.
“See, I told you that I wasn’t lying when I said that Pemberley was the best place ever!”
“So, what’s inside?” questioned Georgiana.
“Well, I few things that I have put there, like blankets, rugs, towels, games, a few flashlights, some books, extra clothes, and other random stuff.”
“Are you sure that no one else knows about this?” Georgiana said doubtfully.
“Well, so far, I have never seen anyone here but myself, and I don’t think that anyone knows of it. Why do you ask?”
“Just being curious I guess.”
“Want to go inside?”
“Sure.”
“Let’s race!”
“Well,” said Georgiana trying to find a way to get a head start, “I, I guess, ready, go!”
Well, at this Arial was not caught off guard as Georgiana had hoped, because she was used to Georgiana trying to get head starts. Arial was always a very fast runner, and cold run as silent and as quick as a wolf. She loved running, and so did Georgiana, but Georgiana was just never as fast, although faster than most people herself, including most of the boys in her grade.
“I almost got you that time!” said Georgiana panting.
“Just remember that I have known you for ever, and I know your little tricks.”
“Yeah, I know, I can never get you with that.” replied Georgiana.
Once the girls got inside, Georgiana was amazed.
“So why did you name this place Pemberley?” said Georgiana with a quizzical look.
“It was the name of a place from a book that I read.” said Arial.
Arial had been reading books ever since she was little and had a desire to read. It was something that was very enjoyable to her. She read almost everyday, and always had at least one good book that she was reading.
“Now we have a place just for us to hang out, but you can’t tell anyone, or people would always be coming here and ruining the fun.”
“So, what can we do? I am a little new to this place, and what it has to offer.” said Georgiana.
“Well, we can play games, read, talk, or go sliding on the creek. I just checked the creek a few days ago, and it is frozen solid! We could have a lot of fun. Or, there are these really great climbing trees. They overlook the valley that is really close by.”
“Well, so many choices, I guess that I will let you pick.” Said Georgiana.
“And just out of curiosity,” Georgiana added, “how did you find this place?”
“Well, I was riding midnight, and this might sound a little bit weird but…”
“But what?” asked Georgiana.
“Well, I felt like I had to go in this direction, and I did, so I stumbled upon this.”
“That doesn’t sound weird at all. I wish I had a horse, you are so lucky!”
“Georgiana, you know you can use Peppermint anytime you want.”
“I know, and I am grateful, I just wish I had my own.”
“Hey, do you want to go to the frozen creek?”
“Sure, I’ll race you.” Said Georgiana who once again had the hope that maybe she could beat Arial.
“You don’t even know where you are going, how could you beat me if you have to follow me?”
“Good point, let’s just walk.”
“We have to go to the back, because that is where the creek is.”
The girls walked to the back, both deep in though, Arial wondering what Georgiana was thinking, and Georgiana absorbing the beauty of the place.
“I bet that this place looked really cool when it was new.” said Georgiana.
“Yeah, I can only picture it.”
“Well, it looks like you aren’t the only one who knows about this place after all.”
“What do you mean? How can you tell?”
“Well, unless you took a huge chunk out of this wall and wrote all over it,”
“When did that get there?” said Arial interrupting.
“You mean you never saw it?”
“No, and I was just here two days ago.”
“Well, I guess it isn’t just your place anymore.”
“I don’t care as much about the fact that it isn’t just mine anymore as I do about the fact that someone would have the nerve to vandalize the place. How could anyone do something like that?”
“Well, a lot of people don’t really care anymore. Nowadays people just don’t have the respect that they did a long time ago.”
“Well, it is pretty pathetic that people have to act like that.”
“Hate to break it to you, but it seems like it won’t be long until the whole place is ruined and falling to pieces.” Said Georgiana.
“Georgiana, we’re just going to have to do something about that because we can’t just sit back and let people do this.”
“You don’t know what kind of people are doing this, it could be dangerous.”
“I don’t care, we have to save Pemberely!”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

IndigoPaint on May 20, 2007, 6:36:13 AM

IndigoPaint on
IndigoPaintI wonder what happens next......

..................X3


WE MUST SAVE PEMBERELY!!!!!!!! WHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!