Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Wise Wolf

This story is about a thirteen year old girl named Arial who has discovered a secret...

Chapter 5 - Wise Wolf

Chapter 5 - Wise Wolf
~Just as a note, when something is in color, it means that it is being communicated telepathically. Arial is green and Georgiana is light blue~


The girls decided not to waste time thinking about Friday, but to concentrate on making sure they had everything they needed. They rode the horses to Pemberley. Georgiana wanted to ask Peppermint so many questions, and could hardly wait to get there. Arial was busy thinking how she could instruct Georgiana, and desperately hoping that she was right when she said that she thought anyone could talk to animals if they were in Pemberely. She didn’t want to disappoint Georgiana, and was now regretting telling her that.
“Here at last! So, how do I do it?”
“Well, I have to tell you something first.”
“What? You don’t sound very happy.”
“You do know that I am not absolutely sure that you can talk to animals, I just think that anyone who comes to Pemberley can.”
“Yeah. But, why do you think that?”
“The day after I realized I could talk to Midnight, there was this animal that told me that anyone could talk to animals if they came here and believed, and that long ago, it was used in the wrong way, and no one has used it since me. He also said that someday, I would have to use it to save Pemberley.”
“Why would an animal lie to you?”
“Well, it could have heard rumors, or, it could have wanted to scare me away.”
“I guess when it was talking about saving Pemberley, it was talking about now.”
“That is why I am confused. I don’t want you to get disappointed if you can’t do what I said.”
“I won’t.”
“What you do, is you just concentrate on an animal you want to talk to, and then think something in your mind.”
“That’s it.” Georgiana was surprised by the simplicity, and thought she could easily master this.
“It isn’t as easy as it seems!”
“You said that about the ice too.”
“Well, don’t give up if you don’t get it on the first time.”
Arial watched as Georgiana tried to talk to Peppermint. Furrowed brows, and in deep concentration, Arial could tell she had not yet succeeded, and that she was having trouble. Arial was slightly amused, but then realized that maybe she was wrong. Then, Georgiana’s eyes opened, and Arial looked up.
“I did it!” Said Georgiana
“I am glad that that old wolf was right.” Arial mumbled.
“You talked to a wolf?”
“Yeah, that was the animal that told me about the whole saving Pemberley thing.”
“I can’t believe I actually just did that!”
“I wouldn’t say that if I were you, or else you might not be able to do it again.”
“But I do believe, it’s just a figure of speech.”
“Just warning you.”
“Why would it matter anyway? I could just believe again.”
“It isn’t that simple. Once you stop believing or have doubts for a second, you can never do it again.”
“How would you know?”
“The old wolf told me.”
“Oh. How does that wolf know everything?”
“It has lived for a long time, and is very wise.”
A moment of silence passed as the girls thought about everything.
“So, what did you say to her?” Asked Arial.
“Peppermint? I just asked her if she liked me. Did you tell her I had never done this before, because she knew?”
“No, maybe midnight told her.”
“Do you think that we could talk to each other using our minds?”
“Let’s try.”
Now, both girls were sitting with their eyes closed. Arial was asked Georgiana if she could hear her. To her surprise, she said yes. They immediately opened their eyes.
“Did that actually work?” Said Arial.
“Yeah, I wonder if we have to have animals with us though, cause Peppermint said something.”
“I heard her.”
“Peppermint, Midnight, don’t say anything to us.”
“Hey Arial!”
“It works! Do you know what this means, we could like talk anywhere without anyone knowing we said anything!” Said Arial.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment