Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Relief and Distress

This story is about a thirteen year old girl named Arial who has discovered a secret...

Chapter 6 - Relief and Distress

Chapter 6 - Relief and Distress
“Why don’t you try talking to midnight? Then you can branch out and try talking to other animals you don’t know.”
“Ok.”
“After an hour of having Georgiana talk to Midnight and Peppermint, Arial decided it was time to have her move to other animals.
“Why don’t you try talking to my friend, Jason.”
“Who’s Jason?”
“A mouse.”
“I wonder why you named him Jason?” Said Georgiana, saying Jason in a dreamy voice.
“What are you talking about? Said Arial, trying to hide her red face.
“Like you don’t know.”
“I don’t.”
“You like that kid Jason in our class, don’t you?”
“Why would I like him?”
“Stop trying to avoid the question, yes or no?”
“What makes you think I named him?”
“Well, I don’t think he was born with the name Jason.”
“Well, I gave him some choices and he picked.”
“That still didn’t answer the question.”
“Um…”
“Fine, I’ll ask Midnight!”
“Midnight, does Arial like Jason?”
“She does, she told me.” Said Midnight.
“Thanks for giving it away!” Said Arial.
“It’s not like I didn’t already know!” Said Georgiana.
“Don’t blame Midnight for telling your secret, you decided to tell us!” Said Peppermint.
All four of them were using their minds, so, if you were to come up to them, you wouldn’t have known that they were talking. All of a sudden, a new voice appeared.
“So, what are we all talking abut?”
It was Jason, the mouse. A familiar friend to everyone except for Georgiana.
“Who is this new friend?” Said Jason, eyeing Georgiana.
“This is my best friend Georgiana.”
“Nice to meet you Jason.” Said Georgiana
“So, Georgiana, do you think that you’ve got it down?”
“Maybe. When do you think I will be able to talk outside of Pemberley?”
“Well, it depends on how many times you come here, so maybe, if you come every other day, in four weeks.”
“That seems like a really long time.”
“Not really, it will go by in no time!”
“Let’s get started setting up the camera’s.” Said Georgiana.
She had just remembered of why they really had come back to Pemberley, and wanted to get the job done before anyone else came.”
“I totally forgot about that, I guess we should get started.”
“So, do you think that anyone will ever find this place?”
“Maybe, I hope not anytime soon.” Said Arial.
“Midnight, Peppermint, Jason, please watch to tell if anyone is coming, and tell me, we still should be able to talk, because I won’t be far away, just inside.”
“Ok.”
“No one should come.”
The girls set up the cameras, and no one came. They spent the rest of the day at Pemberley, and did not return back to Arial’s house until nightfall.
“So, do you think that we will be able to talk outside of Pemberley to each other?” Asked Georgiana.
“Probably, but it will take some time for both of us, because you are just learning, and even for me, talking with another human mentally is new.”
When Arial and Georgiana had finished putting Midnight and Peppermint in their stalls, they went inside.
“You girls were gone for a while, what were you doing?” questioned Arial’s dad.
“We were horseback riding through the woods, and we stopped a few times.”
“Where did you stop?”
“I am not sure.” Said Arial feeling a little uneasy about all of the questions.
“Georgiana, you can stay and eat with us if you want to, then you can call your mom to come and get you.”
“Ok, I am sure my mom wouldn’t mind.”
After a dinner full of questions, Arial’s appetite was about full of conversation, and dinner.
“Ahhh,” Arial breathed a sigh of relief, “the pleasures of being in my own room where I can finally speak my mind.” Said Arial.
“It is nice. Are your parents always so questioning?”
“Not usually, but I have never really stayed out as late as we did before, so maybe that’s why.”
A gentle knocking on the door startled Arial for a moment, but then she realized it was Rose. Rose had brown hair that was soft and flowing, she was very laid back and gentle, and also mature for her age. Her blue eyes expressed her gentle, easy manner.
“So, what were you guys doing today?” Said Rose with a smile.
“Horseback riding.”
“I always love to go horseback riding. I could tell that you were getting some what annoyed by all of the questions tonight. Don’t you wish that there was a place you could go that no one knew about where you could just, well, just get away for a while.”
“Yeah.” Said Arial.
“So Rose, how have you been doing lately?” Said Georgiana.
“Very good, It is sad to be in my senior year of high school, knowing it may be the last year that I will see all of my friends, but, we are all going to try to keep in touch.”
Arial and Rose where very close even though they were four years apart. They often talked for many hours, and it was not unusual for Rose to talk to Georgiana when she was around. Arial was always in a good mood while talking to Rose, and if she wasn’t in the start of the conversation, she was by the end. It was something that had to do with Rose’s easy temper and light heartedness.
After dinner, Georgiana left, and Arial was once again alone, not literally, she had her family, but alone in her mind. She had no one to discuss the secrets that she longed to tell. Even though it was a relief that she told Georgiana, that wasn’t enough. She really wanted to tell her sister, but she didn’t know how. When you hold a secret inside you for a long time, it eats away at you, like a small parasite, little by little, it will take over your body until you can’t stand it anymore.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment