Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - First Glimpse

This story is about a thirteen year old girl named Arial who has discovered a secret...

Chapter 7 - First Glimpse

Chapter 7 - First Glimpse
“Hey Rose?” Asked Arial.
“What’s up?” Rose said in her usual playful voice, this time with a hint of concernment, because she could tell something was bothering Arial.
“Well, there is something I want to tell you, but I am not sure how.”
“Ok, I thought that something was bothering you, so what is it?”
“Well, will you come horseback riding with me?”
“That’s it?” Said Rose, confused.
“No.”
“Oh, I get it.” Said Rose, knowing that Arial wanted to talk to her where she knew they would be alone.
After a few minutes of riding their normal course, Arial stopped Rose, and told her to follow her.
“Why? Nothing is over that way except a bunch of thick thorny bushes.”
“Well, not exactly…” Said Arial, smiling.
“Something is over there! Is this what you wanted tell me?”
“Part of it.”
After a few hours of going down various paths that lead to more paths, they were finally at Pemberely.
“Before you go in,” said Arial with her hand ready to pull back the long leaves and vines that hung in the entrance like a girl’s long hair covering her back, “you have to promise you will tell no one, and bring no one back to this place.”
“Ok.”
Arial pulled her hand back to reveal the old house, it’s once beautiful statues and tall pillars standing gracefully, worn with age.
“It’s beautiful, how did you find this? How long have you known about this? Can we go inside? Does anyone else know that it’s here?”
“So many questions, I will address your last question first. That is part of the reason why I brought you here. I thought that only Georgiana and I knew about this place, but apparently, someone else knows, because there is graffiti on the back wall. I found this place when I was ten.
I was riding Midnight and I felt the urge to go this direction, like I was being pulled in. So, I followed that feeling, and ended up here. And to answer your last question, yes, we can go inside.”
“So that is where you have been going when you are out for hours and hours riding midnight.”
“Yeah, it’s a place to come to relax and be free.”
“Two days ago.”
“Why did you decide to tell me?”
“After a while, you just have to tell someone. And yesterday when you said you wished there was a place that no one knew about where you could go just to get away? That’s why I told you.”
“So, can I come here without you?”
“Yeah, but you have to make sure no one knows where you are going, and make sure that no one follows you, because we have no clue what these graffiti people are up to. You can’t bring any of your friends. I know you probably want to tell them, but you can’t, because there is more to this place then what you see.”
“What do you mean?”
“That is the other part of what I wanted to tell you.”
“Can we go inside?”
“Yeah, but let me check something first.” Said Arial as she reached into her saddle bag, taking out a screen with various views of Pemberely on it.” “What’s that?”
“Georgiana and I set up these camera things around Pemberley so we can see if anyone comes to do more graffiti. I am checking to see if anyone is inside right now. Ok, we can go in. No one’s even been here today, except Jason, and he’s still here.”
“Jason? I thought no one knew about this place except for you and Georgiana, and those graffiti people.”
“I did.”
“So who is Jason?”
“That’s kind of the other part I want to tell you. But let’s go inside first.”
After going inside and taking a tour of the building, Arial and Rose settled in Arial’s favorite room.
“I see you have a collection of things in this room.”
“Yeah, I usually bring one thing each time I come, because that is all that will fit in the saddle bag.”
“So, who is Jason? No one was even in the building that I saw, and we went through the whole thing.”
“Come out Jason.” Said Arial, laughing because she knew that Rose did not know that she had been talking to Jason during most of the tour.
“What are you laughing at?”
“You won’t get it now, I will tell you after I explain who Jason is, and how I know him.”
“Awww, look at that cute little mouse over there, he looks so cold.” Rose said as she happened to see Jason emerging from behind a pile of books.
Unlike most girls, Rose was not afraid of mice and small rodents. Something that her and Arial shared was their love for animals, another reason why Arial wanted to tell Rose.
“That’s Jason.”
“You have a pet mouse?”
“No, he comes and goes as he pleases. He says hi.”
“That’s cute Arial. I like him. Will he let me hold him?”
“I don’t know, let me ask, one sec.”
“He says as long as you don’t squeeze him.”
“How could he say that?” Rose was really confused now, because when Arial told her he said hi, she thought that Arial just said that, not literally meaning it.
“Well, I am going to say it plainly. You can’t tell anyone, and don’t think I am crazy.”
“Fine, just tell me.”
“I can talk to animals, and so can Georgiana now.”
“I didn’t even hear you say anything to Jason though.”
“That is because I use my mind. The reason why I was laughing was because you had no clue that during most of the time you were taking to tour of Pemberely, I was talking to Jason.”
“So, Georgiana can talk to animals too?”
“Yeah, I just taught her how. When you go into Pemberley, there is a sort of magic, and you can talk to animals.”
After about half an hour of explaining things to and answering questions of Rose, she was ready to try talking to animals for the first time.
“So, try talking to Jason.”
“Ok, here it goes.”
Rose didn’t get it on her first try, but she didn’t get frustrated easily, so she kept trying. On her third attempt, she got it.
“Hi Jason, I’m Rose.”
“Hi Rose, my name is Jason. Arial has told me a lot about you. “
“This is really great Arial!”
“Are you glad that I told you?”
“Yeah, you know who much I like animals.”
“So, how long did you say it would take until I can talk outside of Pemberley?”
“Well, I am not exactly sure, just try to spend a lot of time here. But once you can, you have to come back here about three times a month.”
“And didn’t you say that we can talk to each other telepathically too?”
“Yes, that is something I just found out a few days ago with Georgiana.” “Can we try?”
“Sure.”
“Hi Rose!”
“Hey Arial, it worked! This is going to be so fun,”
“Wait one second, Midnight is trying to tell me something.”
“Rose, someone or something is coming. Midnight just told me. Come on, we have to get out of here.”
“Who is it?”
“I’m don’t know, it is some kind of creature. Midnight said that she had never seen anything like it before. I told her and Peppermint to go and hide somewhere.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment