Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Captured and Alone

This story is about a thirteen year old girl named Arial who has discovered a secret...

Chapter 8 - Captured and Alone

Chapter 8 - Captured and Alone
“We have to get out of here!” Said Rose, trying to act as calm as possible.
“Let me talk to midnight and see where the creature went, we might be able to climb out the window and run to the trees so that we can hide there.”
“Midnight, where did it go?”
“It’s going inside of Pemberley, you have to get out of there!”
“I know. Would it be safe for us to climb the trees?”
“Yes, but it is risky, you have to be careful.”
“Ok, just stay where you are until I tell you.”
“Rose, we are going to head for the trees over there, we have to run as fast as possible. Follow me as silently as you can, and be careful. Oh, and from now on, everything that you want to tell me should be said mentally, unless you are in trouble like getting chased.” Said Arial.
“Ok.”
The girls climbed down the side of the building silently. They quietly tip-toed away, and then once they were out of earshot, broke into a sprint. Arial had arrived at the trees, thankful they had made it out. Just before she turned around, she heard a scream.
“Get away from me!” Shouted Rose.
When Arial turned around, she froze. About twenty feet away, the creature stood holding Rose. It seemed like it was looking for Arial. In a desperate attempt to make sure that Arial didn’t get captured. Rose said something to her, hoping that the creature had not discovered the secrets of Pemberley.
“Arial, stay where you are. This monster doesn’t know where you went, and it may not have even seen you. Don’t try to save me.”
“I have to Rose, I can’t just let you get captured!”
“No!” Rose said in a stern voice a tone that Arial rarely heard her use.
“Fine, I will go back and get help.”
“By time you get home, it will be to late, don’t tell anyone, they won’t believe you.”
“But Rose, I, I…” Arial started crying.
“Stay strong Arial. You have to do this, for me. There is no sense in getting both of us captured. “
“Rose…”
“Arial, we better stop talking, I don’t know if this creature can hear us. It’s taking me inside Pemberley. Don’t leave until I tell you that it’s safe.”
“I swear that I will do everything in my power to save you.”
“I know you will.”
Arial was devastated. She knew that what Rose said was logical. If she tried to save her now, she would end up getting captured to. She also knew that if she told anyone, no one would believe her. Arial had already climbed up the tree to its highest point, to avoid being seen. So there Arial sat, hot tears running down her cheeks, with an anger and hate burning inside her towards the creature that was stronger than any hate she had ever felt towards another person before. Alone once again, the desolate snowy plain that she was overlooking reminding her of her loneliness. It looked like there was more to save than just Pemberley now.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment