Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Bad News

This story is about a thirteen year old girl named Arial who has discovered a secret...

Chapter 9 - Bad News

Chapter 9 - Bad News
After hours of crying, waiting, and wondering, Arial finally heard Rose’s familiar voice.
“Arial, I am being taken away, so it will be safe for you to leave soon.
“I can’t just let you get taken away. What am I going to tell mom and dad? They are going to want to know where you are.”
“Wait until dad leaves the house to come look for you. The best thing for you to do is get supplies, get Georgiana, and come back to Pemberley.”
“I hope your right.”
“Jason came up with a plan.”
“What?”
“He is going to ride in my pocket, find out where I got taken, and come back to Pemberley to tell you. Either that or he will deliver the message through a chain of animals.”
“Stay safe Rose, and remember not to give up.”
“Bye Arial, I …”
Rose’s voice was fading because she was getting taken out of Pemberley, and the magic was wearing off, so Arial couldn’t hear the rest of the sentence.
After and hour of waiting and making sure that the creature was gone, Arial called for Midnight.
“Midnight, I will need to ride you back, Peppermint, stay here.”
“Ok.”
Arial waited until her dad left the house to climb up to her room window. Once inside her room, she silently gathered her things. Most importantly was her cell phone, she would need it to call Georgiana. Once she was back at Pemberley, she called Georgiana.
“Hello?” Said Georgiana.
“Georgiana, Rose got kidnapped by a creature at Pemberley. You need to get some supplies, and meet me at Pemberley tonight.”
“Rose knows about Pemberley?”
“I told her today, and then this creature came and it took her away. I’ll explain more once you get here.
“Do your parents know?”
“No, they wouldn’t get it.”
“Will you be able to run to my house?”
“Yes. My parents aren’t home, so I can leave with out being noticed.”
“Good, once you get to my house, at the entrance of the woods Peppermint will be waiting for you. Make sure no one sees you, especially not my dad, he is out looking for Rose and I now.”
“Are you sure you’re doing the right thing?”
“I am doing the only thing I can.”
“Ok, well, I’ll be at Pemberley in about forty-five minutes.”
“Ok, bye.”
“Bye.”
Arial was relieved that Georgiana would soon be there. She desperately needed the companionship and help of her friend.
“Peppermint, go to the entrance of the woods, but try to stick to hiding far off in the bushes to avoid being seen.” Said Arial.
“Ok, it might take me longer than usual though.” Said Peppermint.
“That’s ok, be careful.”
Arial and Midnight watched Peppermint trot off into the distance.
“Can you believe it Midnight? I can’t believe that this is happening. It seems like I was just talking to Rose and everything was fine. I should have never told her about Pemberley, and none of this would have happened. It’s all my fault.”
“Don’t say that, you had no idea that this would happen. Who would expect that a creature was doing this to Pemberley? You just thought it was a person, you had no idea how dangerous this would be.”
“So, did the creature just walk in Pemberley?”
“No, It came from nowhere, like out of the ground. I think it can change it’s color and shape to look like anything it wants.”
“This just keeps getting worse. It could be anyone, it could be you.”
“Trust me, I know about things we have talked about, like how you are fast, found Pemberley when you were ten, talked to me for the first time when I was scared.”
“I am going to call Georgiana and tell her not to talk to anyone because she might not know who it is. Midnight, you tell Peppermint.” “Ok.”
“Hello?” Georgiana answered the phone.
“Georgiana, we just found out that this creature can change into anything it wants. Make sure you double check with Peppermint to make sure that it really is Peppermint, and don’t talk to anyone on your way here, not even if they look familiar.”
“Ok. Wait, how do I know that this is really you then?”
“Because I don’t think that the creature can actually speak English.” Said Arial.
“Oh. Well, I am almost to your house, so I will be there soon.”
“Bye Georgiana.”
“Bye.”
This new fact left Arial in a state of constant thinking. She always had to make sure that who she was talking to really was who she thought it was. Even if she did get Rose back, it could just be the creature posing as her. Arial’s life was getting worse and worse.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment