Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Yimarix

This story is about a thirteen year old girl named Arial who has discovered a secret...

Chapter 10 - Yimarix

Chapter 10 - Yimarix
“Arial.” Georgiana said softly as she tapped Arial on the shoulder.
“Who is it?” Said Arial as she jumped.
“It’s Georigana. Remember, you told me to come to Pemberley.”
For a moment, Arial thought that Rose getting kidnapped had just been a horrible nightmare, but Georgiana brought her thoughts back to reality.
“When did you get here?” Asked Arial, she wanted to know how long she had been sleeping.
“Only a few minutes. It took a little longer than expected, Peppermint and I had to stay in the bushes because we saw your dad. “
“Oh, did he see you?”
“No.”
“Arial! Arial!”
“Where are you Jason?”
At the steps of Pemberley, I am just coming up to the second floor.”
“Good, that’s where we are. What did you find out? Is Rose ok?”
“Rose isn’t hurt, she’s being held in an underground prison.”
“Where is it at? Did you find out who or what the creature was?”
“The creatures are called Yimarix, there are two more of them.The one who took Rose seems to be the leader. I think they called him Aihe. They don’t speak English. It is some kind of language.”
“So where are they?”
“About six miles away from here. It is very easy to overlook the opening to the underground prison, but I put some little markings of my own up, just In case I forget where it is.”
“Wait, how do I know that this is really Jason?”
“Because I sound like me. The Yimarix can speak to you telepathically, but their voices are still distinct, like yours and mine.”
“Good, at least they can’t change their voice.”
“How can we understand them if they speak a different language?”
“The same way you understand Jason, and all the other animals you talk to. When you communicate telepathically, every person in the conversation hears things in their own language.” Said Arial.
“So, what is our plan for rescuing Rose?” Asked Jason impatiently, “We can’t just wait around all day.”
“I know, I think that it will be best if we get some rest first. We will need to have night shifts to make sure that no one is coming. Georgiana, you can go first, I’ll go second, and Jason, you can go last because you are probably pretty tired from running all this way.”
“Well, I didn’t run the whole way, for a while, I rode on that old wolf who told you all about Pemberley and its secrets, what was his name? Oh yes, it was Retagh. He told me that the creatures where called Yimarix.”
“Did you bring any food Georgiana?” Asked Arial.
“Yes, I have lots. I wasn’t sure how long this was going to take, so I packed some stuff that we can cook later too.”
“Good, I have some matches here, and I brought a pot to cook stuff in.”
After a warm meal, Arial and Jason put out some blankets while Georgiana kept watch. Arial had put Peppermint and Midnight in the lobby area of Pemberley on the first floor. She usually just kept them outside, but under the circumstances, she thought they would be safer inside.
When Georgiana got done with her shift, she woke Arial. Even though it was her turn for rest, she stayed up for half of Arial’s shift to talk with her.
“I keep thinking that this is some kind of nightmare. It’s so unreal. What if something happens to her? What if she…what if she…”
“Arial, I know it must be hard, but you can’t think that way. Nothing has happened to her yet, and hopefully nothing will. You have to stay strong, for yourself, and for Rose.”
“That’s what Rose said to me. If I had only let her run ahead of me instead of behind me. Why do I do such stupid things? If I hadn’t had to tell someone my secret, or If I just would have brought her tomorrow, things wouldn’t be this way.”
“If you had brought her tomorrow, the same thing could have happened. You can’t blame yourself.”
“Georgiana?”
“Yeah?”
“Thanks.”
“You’re welcome.” Said Georgiana as she reached over to give Arial a hug.
The whole night went by, and before she knew it, she was awake and eating breakfast. Despite the fact that she had gotten a pretty good rest, she still felt like she had no energy. Arial tired to focus her energy and concentrate on the task at hand, but it seemed almost impossible, so many questions were whirling around in her mind.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment