Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Recue or Capture?

This story is about a thirteen year old girl named Arial who has discovered a secret...

Chapter 12 - Recue or Capture?

Chapter 12 - Recue or Capture?
“Jason, we have to get this right. If we don’t rescue Rose right away… there may be no chance.”
“I understand. Most likely, if they see me, they will just think I am some normal mouse, but then again, they probably won’t take any chances.”
“So, what happens once we rescue Rose, we are just going to leave and go back to Arial’s house right?”
“That’s what Arial said, right Arial.”
“Arial.”
“What? Oh, sorry, I was lost in thought. Yeah, we will go back to my house with Rose.”
“So this it, I better go.”
“Jason be careful.”
Jason slipped inside the Yimarix’s underground prison without being noticed. He found some boxes to hide behind.
Meanwhile Arial and Georgiana were patiently waiting. Both of them wished they were in there helping Jason, but they knew that that would never work, because they would be seen.
“Arial, I can see Rose. The Yimarix are talking of leaving to go hunt, but leaving one of them behind to keep guard. I think we could beat out one, but, it might be a little risky.”
“We may never get another chance, we have to do this. Georgiana and I will start working out the details of the plan and get back to you.”
“What I think, is that we wait until the Yimarix are far enough away so that if we are noticed while freeing Rose, they will be to far away to get back in time.”
“That’s good. I’ll tell Jason what we are thinking. Oh, but if the Yimarix that is keeping guard notices us, we will have to act fast, and knock him out or something.”

Arial told Jason about the plans, and now all that was left was to wait for the Yimarix to leave. Everyone was waiting patiently, no one dared to move.

Hours, or what seemed like hours to Arial, went by, and the Yimarix still had not left. Maybe they knew something was wrong. Or, maybe they were just planning on hunting later. Finally, Jason told Arial and Georgiana that the Yimarix had left. They waited for a few minutes and started to move.

Jason had already located the position of the key, and was on his way to go get it while Arial and Georgiana slowly and silently made their way in to the desolate layer of the Yimarix.

Arial and Georgiana were now inside, and going where Jason told them to. Jason had not gotten the key yet. It was up to Arial and Georgiana to get it, because it was too heavy for Jason to carry in his mouth. Jason turned the corner, and Arial stood, frozen in fear, because there stood a Yimarix, bigger than the one that took Rose. Arial tried to worn Jason, but it was too late. The Yimarix swooped his huge claws down upon Jason and held him between his menacing hands.

Arial couldn’t do anything but run. Georgiana was running slightly behind Arial now, both of them running faster than what seemed possible. They had reached the exit, and as Arial turned around, she saw Georgiana fall to the ground. Now the Yimarix had Jason and Georgiana. Arial shouted to Georgiana, but all the Georgiana said back was run.

Arial managed to escape, and called for Midnight and Peppermint. As Arial jumped onto Midnight’s back and rode off in the night, hot tears ran down her face. Now, with everyone captured, she would be alone. That feeling was becoming too familiar to Arial.

Midnight stopped running when they had gotten far enough away. Arial got off of Midnight, and tried to take in the reality of what just happened. It seemed impossible to her. A million thoughts went through her head, and she couldn’t talk about it to anyone. She realized that she had Midnight, and Peppermint, but they weren’t humans, and although they could talk, it wasn’t like talking to a human. Arial curled up in a ball and blocked out the comfort of Midnight. Right now, she wanted to be by herself, even though she was trying to get away from that feeling of being alone.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment