Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Cahgio

This story is about a thirteen year old girl named Arial who has discovered a secret...

Chapter 14 - Cahgio

Chapter 14 - Cahgio
It had been many hours of searching for Arial and Midnight, and dusk was approaching. Now Arial really felt like someone watching her. All day couldn’t shake the feeling, even after she killed the Yimarix, who was probably the one watching them.
“Do you think that we should stop, or keep going throughout the night?”
“Well, since the Yimarix like to hunt at night, I think in an hour we should stop, and try to stay somewhere that is covered. If we don’t, they might hear us, and come towards where we are. We will have to have one of us keep watch, and then the other, that is the only way to get some rest.”
“Good idea. If you see a good place to stop, tell me, so that we can come back.”
“Ok.”
After about half an hour of searching, Arial and Midnight had found a nice spot where they could rest. Midnight decided that she would take the first shift.
When Midnight’s shift was over, she woke Arial up, and told her that is was her turn.
“Goodnight Midnight.”
“Goodnight.”
Arial didn’t like staying up by herself at all. She couldn’t stand the feeling. By now, she knew that she as being watched, and decided to see if any animals were up watching her.
“Is anyone up? Any little animals?”
Silence.
“Anyone? Don’t be shy.”
Still, no one answered, so she decided that she would just give up. Then, she heard a rustling in the leaves. She was going to wake Midnight, but decided to see what it was first.
Suddenly, she saw a person come out from the bushes. He looked just like a human, except his eyes were a vibrant blue, even in the pitch black.
“Hello? Can you hear me? Who are you?”
“Why are you this far into the woods?” The person sounded scared, but tried to act bold.
“It’s a long story, but I will tell you if you tell me your name and who you are.”
“My name is Cahgio. I have been following you for a long time. The rest I will tell you as soon as I have your promise you will tell no one of me.”
“I promise. Am I allowed to tell Midnight, my horse?” Arial gestured toward where Midnight was.
“Only if you wake her now. That way, I can see her, and judge her personality.”
“Ok. Midnight, wake up. Mdnight.”
“Has someone come? Are the Yimarix here?”
“You know of the Yimarix? You know more than I thought.” Cahgio looked shocked.
“Who is that? What is he doing?”
“It’s ok Midnight. His name is Cahgio. He is going to tell me about himself, but I thought that I should wake you first.”
“Ok. Hello Cahgio. Are you human? I have never seen someone with such vibrant eyes as you.”
“No, I am not human. I stay deep in the woods with my people. Few humans venture this far into the woods, and the ones that do never make it out.”
“So, if you aren’t human, what are you?”
“We call ourselves the Ateshi.”
“How many of the Ateshi are there?”
“Few are left, after the tragic event. You still have yet to answer my questions.”
“Oh, sorry. Well, my name is Arial. The reason that we are this far into the woods, is because my two friends and my sister got kidnapped by the Yimarix, and we came in search of Retagh, a wise wolf.”
"It seems like you know a lot. I know no outsiders who can even speak telepathically.”
“I kind of found out by accident, and then I met Retagh, who told me about it, and the only two people who I have told and who also know how to communicate telepathically are my sister and my friend.”
“And what about your other friend?”
“He is a mouse. So, do you know Retagh?”
“Yes.”
“Do you know where he is? Could you help us look for him?”
“I do not know where he is, but I do know something that might be able to help you.”
“Could you tell us?”
“Yes, but mine is a long story too.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment