Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Computer Problems

A story about my OC Sailor Meow. It's a kind of prologue to swampertgirl0504's Sailor Sun Chronicles from sailor Meow's point of view.

Chapter 10 - Computer Problems

Chapter 10 - Computer Problems
After a few days of uneventful space-travel, Meow was sitting silently in her ship, feeling more and more agitated and impatient. She kept thinking of her mother.
"Look over there!" Adam pointed with his paw to their left. They were headed for a cloud of pinkish-purple fog.
"Is the fog dangerous?" Meow asked into her ship's microphone. The on-board computer didn't answer. Meow shrugged.
"I guess not."

As they entered the fog, Meow noticed that the fog contained tiny golden lights.
"It's so beautiful!" She cried.
Suddenly, her ship began to emit a loud beeping sound.
"What's wrong?" She asked into the microphone.
[Losing...nav...] the computer said in a high-pitched voice.
[Switch...to manual!] it said much lower.
"What!?" Meow screamed, "But I can't fly this thing!"
[Time is... three hundred degrees! Autopilot! Fuel-recognised! Welcome back! Nav systems........DOWN!]

Meow grabbed the controls. She hit the accelerator button hard, and the ship hurtled through the fog at top speed. After about ten minutes of speedy flying and struggling to keep her ship level, Meow was relieved to see the edge of the cloud of fog.
"Adam, can you see a planet anywhere? I need to land."
Adam frowned. "But you don't know how to land!"
"Not to worry, I can see one up ahead!" Meow grinned.
"'Not to worry'? YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO LAND!" Adam reminded her loudly. He could see a small, greyish planet in the distance. As they got closer, Meow turned her ship's engine off. She let the planet's gravity pull her ship down toward its surface. The ship began to fall faster and faster, and Meow began to feel nauseous.

Just as it seemed as though the ship was going to hit the surface of the planet, Meow hit the hover button, and the ship suddenly stooped falling and hovered a few inches off the ground. Meow opened the hatch. She surveyed the planet she had "landed" on. Her ship was hovering in the middle of what seemed to be a small, rocky plain. She turned to her left and was shocked to see an enormous grey square. After a few moments she realised that it was a city with huge sky-scrapers.
[Seventeen] the ship's computer buzzed with static.
"I need to get the computer fixed, and that's where we're going." She called back to Adam.
She turned her ship left and it hovered along towards the city.

As they got closer, Meow and Adam could see that there was a concrete wall around the city, about ten feet high.
"What do you think it's for?" Adam asked Meow.
"I'm not sure, little kitten, but can you look for a gate, please?"
As they reached the wall, Meow turned the ship to the right, and began to travel along the circumference of the wall. Soon, they got to an opening in the wall with a small iron gate. There were red lights around the edge of the gate.
"How do I open it?" Meow wondered aloud. The red lights flashed.
an electronic voice sounded from nowhere.
"Um, I need to get my ship repaired." Meow said hesitantly.
The electronic voice shouted and the red lights flashed.
"I'm Meow." Meow said.

"I need-" Meow started.
The voice said again.
"Repairs!" Meow said loudly, looking around for a microphone or intercom.
The lights turned yellow. This time, the electronic voice that spoke was was high and feminine.

The lights turned green and the iron gate slid silently open. Meow and Adam looked at each other and shrugged.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

swampertgirl0504 on December 1, 2007, 4:11:31 PM

swampertgirl0504 on
swampertgirl0504ooooo.

sailoraqua13 on December 1, 2007, 1:21:32 PM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13OH NO WAT WILL HAPPEN?!?!