Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Scrap Metal

A story about my OC Sailor Meow. It's a kind of prologue to swampertgirl0504's Sailor Sun Chronicles from sailor Meow's point of view.

Chapter 13 - Scrap Metal

Chapter 13 - Scrap Metal
Mika led Meow through a maze of tall buildings and streets, towards the edge of the city. As they walked, Mika asked Meow all kinds of questions.
"How long have you been a Sailor Soldier?"
"About a week, actually." Meow answered, slightly embarrassed.
"What planet are you from?"
"Meow, a moon of the planet Mau."
"Why did your fluffy robot disappear when you transformed?"
Meow laughed. "Adam is a cat. He disappeared into my brooch so that I can have cat-powers in my Sailor form."
Mika stared at her. "That's so cool! I've never seen a Sailor Soldier before!" Her answer surprised Meow.
"Doesn't your planet have a Sailor Soldier to protect it?"
Mika thought for a while. "We used to... but that was a long time ago, before I was born."
"I guess if you did, then you'd get her to rescue your robot instead of us, huh?" Adam asked Mika from Meow's brooch.
"Yeah!" Mika shouted. "And I'd ask her to make those Wrench brothers stop picking on me!"
"So, why would they have stolen your robot?" Meow asked her.
"Because Robo is special. My mummy gave him to me before she died."
Meow stopped in her tracks and stood completely still. Mika kept walking, not noticing Meow's expression.
"So," Meow's voice quivered, "So, your mother is dead?"
"Yes, she died when I was a baby. So I've had Robo a long time."

Meow ran to catch up to Mika, who was walking extremely fast for a seven-year-old. She had a determined expression plastered on her face. Meow smiled at her.
"Well, don't worry Mika. We'll find Robo."

Soon, Mika and Meow reached the wall at the edge of town.
"There isn't a gate around for miles," Mika explained, "but this is the closest point to the scrap metal yard, so I think we should climb over."
"How did those boys make it over the wall by themselves?" Meow asked. She realised that even with Mika standing on her shoulders and reaching her arms upwards, their combined height was still about a foot away from the top of the wall.
"I don't know." Mika shrugged. Meow had no idea how she and Mika were supposed to get over the wall.
"What do I do?" She asked into her brooch.
"I've got an idea." Adam replied with an air of smug confidence. "Pick Mika up, and we can jump."
"JUMP!?" Meow exclaimed. "I can't jump ten feet!"
"No, but I can."
Meow picked Mika up and turned to face the wall.
"Mister Drill won't be happy if we kill his granddaughter, you know."
"Don't worry, she'll be fine." Adam assured her.
"What about me!?" Meow screamed as a hot power began to flow through her legs. In a split second she leapt high off the ground and came to a steady land on the top of the wall.

"Wow!" Mika exclaimed. "That was so cool!"
Meow held Mika tightly and again the power flowed through her legs. She leapt from the wall to the ground below, outside of the city.
Meow put Mika down, and Mika took her hand.
"The scrap metal yard is just over there." She pointed to a shiny heap of silver and brown.

Meow and Mika walked slowly toward the pile of scrap metal. As they got closer, they could make out the figures of three small boys.
"That's them!" Mika hissed. "The Wrench brothers!" As they got closer, the boys noticed them.
"Well, if it isn't little Mika Drill." the oldest one sneered.
"Give me back my Robo!" Mika cried.
"Your robot's a piece of junk. I think it's broken." The youngest boy said.
"What do you mean?" Meow asked.
"It doesn't do its glowing thing." The oldest boy explained. He put his hand into his pocket and pulled out a circular piece of metal with a smiley-face design and thin, jointed arms and legs. It also had a small antenna on the top of its "head".
The boy raised his arm and threw the little robot into the huge pile of rusty metal.
"No!" Mika screamed, and ran towards the pile.
"It's broken, so it's junk." The middle brother called back to her, as the boys ran off towards the city.
Meow hurried to catch up to Mika.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sailoraqua13 on December 29, 2007, 4:45:08 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13oh, how sad...