Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Needle in a Haystack

A story about my OC Sailor Meow. It's a kind of prologue to swampertgirl0504's Sailor Sun Chronicles from sailor Meow's point of view.

Chapter 14 - Needle in a Haystack

Chapter 14 - Needle in a Haystack
Meow and Mika reached the edge of the pile of scrap metal. It was a lot bigger than Meow had originally thought. She could see that a large pit had been dug, and over the years it had gradually filled with scrap until the pile was almost as high as the pit was deep.
Mika was already kneeling in the pile, digging through the pieces of scrap.
"Mika, wait." Meow called to her. "Searching for Robo like this is going to take a million years. A needle in a haystack."
"But," Mika's eyes filled with tears. She sighed heavily, and sobbed, "I guess... I guess you're right."
"Look," Meow smiled encouragingly, "If the boy threw Robo, then he would have landed on the surface of the pile. So there's no need to dig. Let's climb to the top and see if we can see him, alright?"
Mika wiped her eyes with her sleeve. "That's a good idea."

The girls climbed over huge pieces of shiny sheet-metal, rusty old pipes, and metal cut and welded into all kinds of shapes. Finally, they reached the top. They stood precariously on a large piece of what seemed to be some sort of hovercraft, and looked out over the vast expanse of rusty metal.
"Kitten Laser!" Meow cried and pointed her right index finger at the pile. A beam of neon red shot out of her fingertip.
"Robo!" Mika called. "Tell me when the laser beam touches you, ok?"
Meow slowly moved her finger so the laser beam moved across the pieces of metal, one by one. After about ten minutes, there was still no response from Robo.
"Robo!" Mika called, "Come on, we're trying to rescue you!"
Still no response.
"Robo!" Mika turned around and called in the opposite direction, "Robo! Robo!!"
She ran in circles calling in all directions, "ROBO!?"
Meow felt the ground under her feet tremble. In a split second she was falling. She heard Mika scream.

Meow and Mika landed with a thud, lower on the pile of scrap metal. Before them was an enormous, spider-like robot. It screeched deafeningly.
"Robo!" Mika screamed. Meow looked up at the robotic spider. In its mouth was the tiny robot, hanging from one of the spider's teeth.
"Kitten Laser!" Meow cried, aiming her laser beam attack into the giant robot's eye.
The spider screeched again, and lunged at Meow with one of its legs. The force of the blow sent Meow hurtling through the air, and she landed with a heavy thud, winded. The movement also sent Robo flying through the air, and the little robot landed a few feet from Meow.
Mika scooped up Robo and ran to Meow's side.
Meow dizzily tried to stand up, but toppled over immediately.
"Come on, Mika, get out of here!" She ordered.
"I can't! That spider will chase me!" Mika wailed.
"I can't move, so I can't protect you!" Meow had tears in her eyes.

Robo glowed in Mika's hands.
"Then I'll protect you!" Mika cried. "Mecha Power!"
Mika was wrapped in neon light, and her school uniform changed to a silver sailor fuku with a long skirt. Robo was pinned like a brooch to the bow on her chest. She turned to face the gigantic robot-spider and held out her hands.
"Mechanical Malfunction!"
A harsh white light and a deafening sound emanated from Mika's hands, and Meow felt the air around her get extremely hot. Her dizziness became unbearable, and then she lost consciousness.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sailoraqua13 on December 29, 2007, 4:46:46 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Oh no! :3