Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Notebook

A story about my OC Sailor Meow. It's a kind of prologue to swampertgirl0504's Sailor Sun Chronicles from sailor Meow's point of view.

Chapter 20 - Notebook

Chapter 20 - Notebook
At the top of the ladder was another opening, and Dr. DeFredo helped Meow through. They were greeted by a group of people in fur coats like the doctor's, holding portable computers, fold-out chairs and tables and hot thermoses. There were three men and two women, all about the same age as Dr. DeFredo. They circled around Meow as Dr. DeFredo introduced them.
"This is Professor Hielo, and that's Doctor Schnee. The tall man there is Doctor Schnee's brother Sneeuw. The lady in the white coat is Professor Glace, and this is my wife, Eis. We're expecting our first child this month."
"Oh, nice to meet you!" Meow said, bowing politely, "And congratulations."
"Aren't you sweet?" Eis smiled. "What is it that we can help you with?"
"She's looking for Arrow." Dr. DeFredo answered for her.
"You'd better sit down, sweetie." Eis and the others unfolded their chairs and offered Meow one of their spares.

Professor Glace began.
"Arrow was a brave man, and a brilliant doctor. He put his life into studying diseases that affected people with Sailor Crystals, like you. He was researching a disease called Black Pneumonia which he thought was related to the Winter Snow..." she stopped. Sensing that the proffessor wasn't going to continue, Dr. Schnee continued.
"Arrow foolishly traveled to the top of Glass peak-"
"That's our planet's largest Ice Peak." Eis cut in.
"And that's where the Winter Snow can be found. Although, how it gets there is anybody's guess." Dr. Heilo explained to Meow.
"Anyway," Dr. Schnee continued, "Arrow took his notebook full of all his research with him. He didn't believe in computers, only ink and paper. So when he disappeared, his life's work disappeared with him."
"I need that notebook." Meow explained.
"I'm sorry." Dr. Schnee bowed his head. "Glass Peak is enormous. Not to mention extremely dangerous. If we honestly thought there was any hope of finding Arrow, we would have recovered that notebook years ago."
"Well, I have to try." Meow said determinedly. "Do you have a map I could borrow?"
"Of course, there's no stopping you." Eis shook her head.
"But we'll give you two things." Dr. DeFredo handed Meow a piece of folded paper. "This map-"
"And this advice," Eis interrupted, "The second you see a single snowflake, just turn and run the other way."

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

swampertgirl0504 on February 1, 2008, 1:27:44 AM

swampertgirl0504 on
swampertgirl0504.......
Trinity: SNOW FLAKE!
Pai: *blink* Trinity, we are on earth, and it is the middle of winter.
Trinity:...Your point being?


Yeh...u know here in england our winters are cold...that's kinda obvious....bleh.............

Sliv on February 5, 2008, 12:00:46 AM

Sliv on
SlivIt doesn't snow in my hometown...sniff...

swampertgirl0504 on February 5, 2008, 1:45:58 AM

swampertgirl0504 on
swampertgirl0504really? [without this sounding offensive] I'm so sorry! It's so cool but it does quickly turn to sludge....

sailoraqua13 on February 1, 2008, 5:31:01 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Woh...
Aqua: SNOW!! *starts running oround on peak*
Pai:...Didn't those doctors just say the snow was dangerous?
Aqua: My element is snow, there's no WAY your gonna keep me from it!