Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Written by No one

Ever since visiting the shadow realm, Seto Kaiba's soul was
opened up. Messages written by no one appear. He fears it is a
ghost. He fears it is madness. Only the words will say.

Chapter 1 - Written by No one

Chapter 1 - Written by No one
p{ margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 1px}body{ font-family: "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; margin-right: 0.0625in; padding-right: 0.1in}
            ~It was dark and cold there. You never want to go

back do you? Ever. It scarred you deeply, you never knew. You

 did not want to know. A constant denial of the soul it was. Mysoul. May I inquire something of you?


Do you like It this way? Cold as ice?~


            “This... cannot be happening... ” Seto Kaiba mutteredshakily. It couldn’t be, no one was here. An opaque aura hung inthe air. He shivered. There was no warmth in the room, it was socold.

             “ Mokuba!” Kaiba called. It must have been him, he wasthe only one else living here. The door opened and a streak oflight fell across the room. A boy with raven hair stood silhouettedin the door way. “ Is everything all right, ni-sama?” He askedserenely. Kaiba read his brothers face, it wasn’t angry orshadowed with guilt. It simply shone with childlike curiosity.
“Everything... is alright. ”He said softly. Kaiba knew

Mokuba had no idea what had happened, it would be stupid todrag him into this unexpected event. Mokuba gave his brother aperplexed look, then his face went blank. “Seto! It’s freezing inhere!”

Kaiba nodded. “ I will fix it.” He said flatly. Mokuba closed thedoor silently. The light faded and the room melted back into thedim lighting. Kaiba stared at the paper lying on his desk. Wordswere scrawled on it.


            ~Do you like it this way? Cold as ice?~


 He was all alone.


* * *

 

            Going back to school was tough. Domino city wasentering the chilly months of autumn. Vacation was hard to leavebehind.

            Joseph Wheeler sniffed. “ I feel like someone died.” Heglowered.

            “ It won’t be that hard Joey.” Tea Gardener hummed. “It’s just the homework, teachers and bullies that will getchadown. ” Joey growled. “Thanks a lot. That really helped me.” Hesaid sarcastically. The weird short kid grinned at his friends.

 “Come on Joe. I love school! I get to see you everyday now.”
 
            “Ya forget Yugi. There’s a few people we don’t want tasee every day. ” Joey glanced around. No sign of any blue eyedbrunets. Joey sighed happily. “I’ll curse my luck if he hasn’t diedover the summer.”
 
            The day went by just like any other, very slow anduneventful. Yugi got by just fine, Tea was as happy as ever, Joeyhad almost died.
 
            “I thought it would never end!”Cried Joey . He ran acrossthe grounds and hugged a tree. “ Sweet freedom! Never leaveme!”
            “Quiet Joey,” Tea grabbed him by the ear and yanked himoff the tree. “ This is only the first day.”
 
            “Owwwww...” Joey whined. “ Dat hurts.”
Yugi stared at Domino High. He blinked in confusion. “ Hey Tea!Is that Seto Kaiba?”
 
            “Probably is...” Tea murmured with out giving a glance.
 “Who cares?” Yugi swayed. “ It looks like he’s sleeping...”
 
            Kaiba was sitting on the stairs, slumped over a pile ofnotebooks. He was clearly asleep. Yugi, Tea, and Joey quietlyapproached Kaiba.
            “Should we wake him?” Tea whispered, she clasped herhands nervously. “ He won’t get mad will he?”
            “He sure will!” Joey shouted and smacked Seto Kaiba onthe side of his head. Joey froze, he couldn’t move. ‘Why did I doit!?!’ A voice inside him howled.
 
            Kaiba slid off his books and tumbled down the stairs. Hesat up in a dazed. “ What the-” He glanced up at the trio ofstudents, bearing a dumbfounded expression. “ Why aren’t you inclass?”
            Yugi stared, Tea was speechless, Joey was ecstatic.
 ‘ I will live another day!!!’ His little inside voice screamed. Teasmiled awkwardly. “ School is over...”
Kaiba stared. ‘ I don’t remember anything...’ He stood up, he feltlike running and never looking back. Kaiba would have done so ifhis books weren’t abandoned on the stairs. Silently Seto Kaibagathered his notebooks.
            
 
* * *
 
            He sat in his cold room. ‘Can’t sleep.’ Kaiba mused. Hetouched the window. The cold glass blurred over withcondensation. He dropped his hand and the white haze wasswallowed by the cold. It was nearly midnight, Kaiba was still inhis school uniform. He quietly reflected over the day. ‘ Thosewords...’
                             ~A constant denial...~         
 
            ‘ I did not write them.’ Kaiba thought. ‘And the wholeday passed without me knowing it... ’ There must be a logicalexplanation for it all. Mokuba could have written the words, butthen why would he do something that was so maddening? As forthe unnoticed classes, school was so easy for Seto Kaiba he couldhave simply forgotten.
            He blinked. There was something on the glass, it had fadedso quickly that he did not have the time to distinguish what it was.It had gone as hastily as it had came.
The air went icy, color drained from Seto Kaiba’s face.
 
                                    ~ Cold as ice?~
* * *
             The raven haired boy watched his brother. He would stareat the clock and his face would blank, but his eyes would fill withsheer bewilderment.
 
            “Are you okay big brother?” Mokuba asked innocently.Kaiba eyed the clock. “ I-is the time right?”
Mokuba nodded. Their clock was always correct.
 
            A bell rang throughout the house. “ I’ll get it!” Mokubayelled as he jumped off his chair. He ran out of the living roomand glanced only once at his brother.
He was still watching the clock.
 
Yugi and Tea were at the door. “Hello Mokuba. ” They waved.
 
            “Hey guys, can I talk to you about something? ”
 
Tea smiled. “Sure.”
 
            “My brother doesn’t seem himself lately.” Mokuba sighed.“He’s uneasy.”
 
            “When I don’t feel good I talk to grandpa.” Yugi said,resting his head in his hands. “But Kaiba doesn’t like talking doeshe? ”
            Mokuba nodded. “He used to. From what I canremember.”
 
            “What happened?” Tea asked.
The little raven haired boy bit his lip. “Ni-sama says it’s not rightto dwell in the past.”
Tea didn’t expect an answer, she thought for a moment. “Do youthink that is what he is doing? Dwelling in the past? ”
            Mokuba paled. “ I hope not.”
 
* * *
 
            Mokuba Kaiba held his breath. His life flashed before hiseyes as he walked down the hall. ‘Do I really wish to put ni-samathrough this again?’ Mokuba knew what Seto Kaiba’s life waslike, making him do this seemed so unfair. ‘This is for the best.’he told himself. ‘ For my brother.’
            ‘ The best...
 
            “ Seto?” Mokuba mouthed, he held a small parcel in hishands. ‘ Please! Let Tea be right about this!’
            Kaiba glanced about the room. He had heard his brother’svoice. Mokuba was standing in the doorway, he looked smallerthan usual.
            “ Mokuba? Is something wrong?” Kaiba asked, his littlebrother normally would be tackling him by now.
 
            “Are you working?”
 
            “It can wait.”
 
            “Are you busy? ”
 
Kaiba got off of his chair, turned off the computer displayingcharts and statistics of K. Corp. “ What is wrong?”
 
            “You haven’t been acting right.” Mokuba muttered. Kaibastared blankly. “What do you mean by right? Everything is fine.”
            “No, it’s not.” The little boy said. “ You seem nervous.”Mokuba whispered. “Almost scared.”
 
            “ So...” Kaiba’s voice trailed off. ‘Crap. That didn’t comeout right. ’ Mokuba handed his brother something wrapped inbrown paper. “Promise me you’ll use it. ” He turned and went outthe door. “Please.”
 
            “Alright Mokuba.” Kaiba made his promise. Heunwrapped the paper. Inside was a little blue book, all the pageswere blank. “ It’s a diary.” Kaiba breathed, almost unnerved.
               “And I promised.”
 
            Reluctantly Kaiba grabbed a pen and flipped to the firstpage. “ Dear diary... God that sounds so fruity...”
 
            ‘ Mokuba made me promise to use you. I don’t see thepoint, you can’t change the past can you? Of course you can’t. Hesays something’s wrong, what is wrong? Another thing you can’thelp me with. You’re just a brainless book. And here I am, theSeto Kaiba confiding in a brainless book. I can’t break mypromises. I can not. But still I can write how utterly ridiculous thisis. ’
 
            Kaiba read the entry over again. ‘There you go Mokuba.’He thought. ‘How is that?’ Kaiba closed his eyes. ‘That waseasier than expected.’ For a moment he felt faint.
            ‘ Got to get back to work.’
 
Kaiba quickly looked over the book then throw it on the desk. Thecharts returned, a toolbar recording the time sat at the base of thecomputer screen. 7: 18
Mokuba did have a point. Seto Kaiba was neither nervous orscared, but something was wrong. He sighed, then suddenly heshivered. ‘Seto, work doesn’t wait... ’ Kaiba closed his eyes oncemore, then studied the screen.
7:21
 
            ‘ Strange...’
 
The blue diary sat on the keyboard. ‘I could swear it wasn’t therea second ago.’ Curiously, Kaiba picked the book up. He turnedto the first page.
 
            “ Oh my God.”
 
            
 
 
 
 
 
 
             
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shadow-angel84 on October 5, 2005, 6:31:19 AM

shadow-angel84 on
shadow-angel84write more soon PLEASE!! I must know what was in the dairy! I must know how this goes on!!!

Shadow-angel84
SA84