Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Running for Kazekage

Kankurou's thoughts, feelings and emotions as he runs after Gaara's kidnappers. [Shippuuden sploilers]

Chapter 1 - Running for Kazekage

Chapter 1 - Running for Kazekage
Running for Kazekage
Faramae Baggins

 
He was running...

Running.

The sand trying to hinder his fast moving feet was unstoppable, suffocating his sandaled feet, dragging them deeper and deeper into their black depths. But he wouldn't stop; not if the whole world was holding him back by torture. He had to keep going.

Sweat poured out of his pores, dripping out from under the black hat he wore over his head. The usually unyeilding face-paint coating his face was starting to fade because of the emmense heat eminating from every part of his body. Breathing heavily, he ran faster.

This was his brother's life he was running for. He would not stop just because of some idiotic fantasy that he couldn't do it. He would succeed.

Nothing mattered right now. Neither the safety of the village, nor the risks that he had taken just by following the kidnappers alone. He could die for all that he cared at the moment. It was Gaara that they needed. Sunagakure needed him, Temari needed him...Kankurou needed him. Without him, they would be lost--the Kazekage!

He kept running, dismissing the fact that he could be walking right into a trap set up for him to stumble into. As long as he saved his younger brother, everything would be fine. He could die in peace....

He couldn't bear to loose another family member. First mother, then Yashamaru, and father. He wouldn't let Gaara die too. Not when it was and had been totally preventable. If only they had had better shinobi at the gates.... This didn't have to have happened!

Kankurou stopped, for there he was, lying unconscious in the tail of a huge, strange, white bird. It was all he could see; his younger brother's face.

I will save you, he thought as he turned to face the two ninja hindering his one and only goal. He would fight till he died if it would help get his brother back.

And it almost was.

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

BelleMorte8223 on December 25, 2008, 12:23:56 AM

BelleMorte8223 on
BelleMorte8223Very nice.

flyingeagle13 on March 29, 2008, 1:01:16 PM

flyingeagle13 on
flyingeagle13Shorter than my work but I would almost say it was better. You know how to pack a lot of emotion into a few words. Faves.[color=][/color]

SunaNoFara on March 29, 2008, 1:05:25 PM

SunaNoFara on
SunaNoFaraAw, thank you so much.  I don't normally write stuff this short, though.  Depending on how emotional I am at the time, I'll write some random little drabble-like one-shot like this.  I really had no plan for it at the beginning, but that's what it ended up being.  Again, thanks!

kogalover2013 on March 11, 2008, 12:02:50 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013great dude
 
 

nextguardian on March 5, 2008, 12:38:39 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianAwesome work, great job!

SunaNoFara on March 6, 2008, 7:07:04 AM

SunaNoFara on
SunaNoFaraThanks^^