Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Truth

Purple's been having nightmares and is afraid to share them with Red, who is concerned about his friend. When Red forces the truth out of Purple, they might discover feelings for each other.

Chapter 1 - Truth

Chapter 1 - Truth


`Invader Zim' is (c) Jhonen V. & Nickelodeon



Chapter 1



The Tallest stood on a platform, talking to their “favorite” (Sarcasm) Irken, Zim. “. . . In conclusion, my Tallest, I have discovered that humans can be brought into submission by PUPPIES!” Zim began his conclusion, holding up an adorable ball of evil fluffy cuteness. “I will force them to make ZIM ruler of earth or I will destroy all puppies! DESTRUCTION IS NICE!” Zim's eye twitched, and he accidentally threw the puppy behind him.

“Wait a second, Zim!” Red held up his hands, “You've been babbling on for THREE hours, when you could have just said that?” Purple gave him a sidelong glance. He could easily see the concealed hatred in the red Irken's eyes. Red really wasn't concealing the hatred well…

“Well, yeah . . . but how often am I privileged enough to talk with you, my Tallest?” Zim murmured; the Tallest could hear him shuffling his feet.

“You call us EVERY DAY, Zim!” Red growled, holding his head in his claws.

GIR, the lovable idiot, popped up from behind Zim. “The Scary Monkey Show's on!” He wailed and cut the transmission much to Zim's chagrin.

“Hey, Purple, you were really quiet.” Red turned to his partner. “You didn't even mock Zim. Something bothering you?” Purple jumped.

“Uh . . . no, no . . . I'm fine!” Purple lied. He HATED lying to Red, but if he told him the truth, Red would laugh at him! Purple didn't want that either. The truth was, Purple had been having nightmares the past few weeks. Thinking about it sent chills down his spine.

*Dream Recap*Purple wandered around a labyrinth made of metal. How had he gotten there? Why was he there? He didn't know.

Was it him, or did it get hotter with every step that he took? He fanned himself with his hand. Hey, was that . . . LAUGHTER!? Insane, triumphant laughter. Very, very, VERY familiar laughter…

“Zim?” He muttered, and turned a corner. His eyes widened and his antennae clamped against his head. Flames burned the planet, rising to the heavens, where Purple could barely make out the burning MASSIVE.

Zim was standing atop a metal platform in a heroic pose, holding out a flag reading `I (HEART) EARTH!' and his mentally challenged robot was doing some stupid dance with its tongue sticking out.

“No…” Purple took a step forward and slammed into an invisible force field. “NO!!!” For some unknown reason, Purple glanced left and almost fainted in shock.

A pointed stake jutted from the ground and on it, Red's body . . . er . . . CORPSE lifelessly hung near the top. The stake went inside his chest and emerged from his pak. Red's blood stained the stake and it was beginning to succumb to the flames.

Purple fell to his knees and stared at Red's lifeless eyes. They had no shine at all, just an empty, dull red. Purple blinked slowly and tears streamed down his cheeks.

Red was his BEST FRIEND . . . without him, Purple probably would've gone insane a LONG time ago. Now, he was DEAD? It was the worst possible thing that could ever happen!

Purple curled in a tight ball and his mind went blank. He hardly noticed as the flames began to engulf him… *End Dream Recap*

“It's . . . uh . . . getting l-late and . . . I'm going to turn in…” Purple stammered quietly and hovered away. Red watched his partner leave the room. Irkens didn't need sleep, but some did. Purple rarely slept. Something was up.

Purple flopped onto his rather unused bed. `I hate lying to you, Red…' He thought, `I really do . . . but, maybe it's for the best… Isn't it..?' A little voice in the farthest part of mind was screaming at him to tell Red.

“He's going to find out anyway…” Purple murmured to himself and turned on his side.

“Who's going find out what?” Red asked as he entered the room, Purple nearly jumped a foot in the air.

“Ever heard of knocking?” Purple growled, failing to sound angry. Red ignored that comment and jumped on top of Purple, if you had a bird's-eye view, they would've looked like a cross. “Could you get off?” Purple grunted.

“Hmm . . . no…” Red smirked, twisting himself to look his violet-eyed co-ruler in the eye. Purple glared at him, but he was uncomfortable with their position.

“How's this sound? I'll get up if you tell me what's on your mind.” Red offered, Purple's gaze faltered.

“No . . . you'll laugh . . . I-I know you will…” Purple murmured and tried to look away, but Red's intense stare seemed to bring his eyes back magnetically.

“Jeez, Pur, I won't laugh. I promise.” Purple knew Red was lying, but he might as well get it over with, right?

Purple took a deep breath and told Red about his nightmares. He practically spilled his heart out, afterwards, he felt a lot better. He closed his eyes and prepared for the imminent laughter.

It never came.

Instead, Purple felt Red get off of him—as promised—and sit on Purple's bed. Purple sat up, too. “Wow, Pur . . . I'm sorry…” Red muttered and placed a clawed hand on Purple's shoulder.

“It's okay…” Purple muttered.

“You want to know the worst part?” Red asked, “You were afraid to turn to me, after all we've been through. Pur, we're best friends, you can trust me.” Purple felt tears emerging.

He gently shifted his position and placed his head against Red's chest and a hand on Red's shoulder. Red froze, surprised by how close they had gotten. Purple tensed as Red gave in and rested his head on top of Purple's head, but he relaxed.

Purple listened to Red's heartbeat, it was steady and lulling. Red wrapped his arms around Purple. The purple-eyed Tallest looked up into Red's eyes.

“Red..?” Purple whispered.

“Yeah, Pur?” Red muttered.

“Thanks . . . for everything…” Purple smiled warmly.

“That's what friends are for, right?” Red replied, returned the smile. Purple gulped. `Here goes everything…' He thought and leaned forward. His lips met Red's and electricity seemed to course through his veins.

Red responded by gently slithering his tongue into Purple's mouth and massaging his partner's tongue. Their tongue caressed each other's until they had to break apart for air.

They stared at each other for five minutes, still holding each other. Purple's eyes faltered nervously.

“Good night, Pur…” Red whispered and kissed Purple on the forehead. He reluctantly parted and left the room. Purple sighed happily, the weight of the world seemed to have lifted off his shoulders.

He got into his bed and drifted to sleep with a small smile lingering on his face.

In his sleep, he mumbled, “I love you, Red…”

In Red's bedroom, Red was sleeping with a blissful grin on his face. He sighed and muttered, “I love you, Purple…”









Author's Note: What did you guys think? I MUST KNOW!!! XD … Okay, seriously, REVIEW! The giant radioactive rubber pants command you! O_o

Comments

Comments (13)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Vikstar on January 16, 2007, 2:34:30 AM

Vikstar on
Vikstarawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! cuteness! write more! *favs*

InvaderKittyKat on June 23, 2006, 8:25:32 AM

InvaderKittyKat on
InvaderKittyKatIt's SOO CUTE YOU MUST MAKE MORE!!

RaexBB_4ever on April 15, 2006, 4:26:29 PM

RaexBB_4ever on
RaexBB_4everWhy don't you make a sequal for this?Maybe make Purple's drem come true?It's all up to you!Your the kick-@$$ author who is now in my favs of other kick-@$$ ppl!Fav+

Racoonza on March 21, 2006, 4:02:40 PM

Racoonza on
RacoonzaI love it as much as I love Purple...=D

Blazing_SheFool on February 17, 2006, 6:50:56 AM

Blazing_SheFool on
Blazing_SheFoolTHAT IS ADORABLE! MAKE MORE!

kyokyokatsmoochi on November 4, 2005, 2:39:50 PM

kyokyokatsmoochi on
kyokyokatsmoochiMAKE MORE PLEEZ!

Dragonhadley on October 15, 2005, 3:35:01 AM

Dragonhadley on
DragonhadleyCute...

invader-monkey on October 8, 2005, 7:57:05 AM

invader-monkey on
invader-monkeyawwwww this is my second time reading it!! ^_^ srry i didn't review the first time!!! very kawaii!

jakensowner on September 26, 2005, 12:08:33 AM

jakensowner on
jakensownerI LOVE IT OMG ++favs++ it so cute man!!! i love that zim thinks puppies will help him rule the world!!!

kyokyokatsmoochi on July 31, 2005, 9:23:59 AM

kyokyokatsmoochi on
kyokyokatsmoochiI-I LUVLUVLUVLUVLUVLUVLUVLUV IT! So....cute! will watch for more!