Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Woman and the Necklace

Well...i created a story last year called "Black Feather" its more like a manga but anyways..theres a vampire in it (one of the main characters) named Andrew and i'm making a story on HOW he became a vampire..so yea...NOTE: this story takes place a V

Chapter 2 - The Woman and the Necklace

Chapter 2 - The Woman and the Necklace
             I continued my daily walk down the streets, the sun had just began to set behind the tall buildings. As I walked past a narrow alleyway something about it made me stop in my tracks. I stared down the long, narrow abyss of blackness for what seemed like forever, until I finally took steps toward it, something drew me closer to it though i wasn''t sure what, usually no one would dare to have second thoughts about going down alleyways, mostly you would find someone being murdered, mugged, or things you don''t even want to think about, yet I still drew closer. I was completely surrounded by darkness now, the sun and all the colors it had were completely gone, no trace. I looked around slightly, the sound of whispers were coming from somewhere, but exactly where was very questionable.
            "We leave now, immediately, captain''s orders," one voice said.
            "But the ships not ready! And the gateway isn''t open!" another voice returned.
            "The captain said it doesn''t matter! We leave at once!" the other man''s voice was raising to annoyance.
           "Yessir! At once it is then!" the other man''s voice instantly answered back.
           If you could see my face your would''ve seen pure confusion, though it did sound like they were leaving, and I seen my perfect opportunity. I hid behind a trash bin while the men walked out of the alleyway, looking around to see if they had any hanger-ons. Both men were almost identical in looks, they both had short black hair, dark eyes, pale skin, and they were both skinny. They were dressed differently -black skin-suits with a spiked belt and a ground dragging trench coat-, their accents made me guess that they weren''t from around here.
          I followed the men, silently and stealthily as a ninja, which was one of my specialties -food purposes mainly-. They were going to a huge ship, bigger than I had ever seen before. It had strange decorations that looked like ancient writing, the wood it was made of was extremely dark, and the sails were black as night. As I was following the men and observing the ship, I happened to notice that on the black flag that waived in the night wind wasn''t a skull and crossbones, it was a red pentagram, blood red, literally. Seeing this almost made me change my mind, the pentagram was dripping, what i meant by literally blood red.
         I looked around the back of the ship for a trap door, hole, or anything big enough for me to crawl through for that matter. I just happened to find a small latch, unlocked luckily. I waited for the men to get on-board since I didn''t want them to hear me go inside, I noticed more men were on the deck of the ship, identical as all the other men too, this was beginning to get strange. I slowly opened the latch and crawled inside. Before I shut the door I heard a man shout to the other men on deck.
        "Hey! We found the woman! And the necklace!"
        "Splendid! Bring them aboard!"
        I peeked out of the opening, suddenly I seen two men practically dragging a young woman behind them. She didn''t look terrified, she merely looked like she knew she was going to get caught sometime.
          She wasn''t a wealthy woman, I could tell by her appearance. She wore rags, almost as dirty as mine. Her long, black hair dangled over her face, but couldn''t hide her emotions, she was very skinny, looked like she had been starved. Her gaze shifted slightly and she spotted me, her dark eyes widened. I placed a finger over my lips to calm her. She gave me a look like I was going to get into deep trouble. Around her slender neck I noticed a necklace, perhaps the same necklace the man was talking about, the necklace was a very deep black and had a black feather hanging from it. It almost stood out perfectly from her, as normal as it looked, being on a woman of her stature would make you think that it would be ripped, dirty, almost destroyed, and possibly stolen.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment