Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Prologue

Kiomi Natsuka didn't know of Kira until he killed her older brother. Now she's out for vengeance, with help from a Shinigami with mysterious motives. Can she separate truth from lies in time? Or will Kira add one more Natsuka to his list of victims?

Chapter 0 - Prologue

Chapter 0 - Prologue
Have You Ever Told a Lie?

Written by: Ghost Wulf


Prologue


The graveyard was quiet at night. The light of a crescent moon filtered through the treetops, casting a pale glow.

Trying to see past tears, a girl stumbled around the gravestones. Her gasps broke the stillness as well as her cries of pain every time she lost her footing. Cuts covered her legs and bare feet from falling.

A strangled sob broke from her throat as she collapsed in front of a gravestone. She rested her cheek on the face of the stone, her clenched fists above her head on the top. Tears darkened the stone in ragged lines from her cheek.

In one of her fists, she held a kitchen knife that glinted in the moonlight.

“I’m sorry . . . . Kyon . . . .” the girl choked out.

Kyonchi Natsuka, the name on the grave.

The girl’s hand dropped, driving the knife towards her heart. No one would witness her final moments except the gravestones around her.

Then suddenly she stopped, jerking her head up as if she had heard something. Her eyes widened in horror and she scrambled backwards, now holding the knife out towards something else. Something invisible.

“W-who . . . ?” She couldn’t finish the sentence as her back hit a tree, stopping her escape.

The night remained silent. Anyone watching would have heard no reply, just the lightest whisper as a breeze snaked through the trees.

The girl’s eyes widened even further, the knife slipping from her loosened grip and falling to the grass silently.

“Shi . . . ni . . . gami?” she whispered.

As the night deepened her whispers with no reply continued. Sobs racked her body once more before disappearing. Time continued to move and finally, with a single nod, she slipped to her feet.

“I accept,” she said, the words barely audible even in the still night scene.

Police sirens sounded in the distance, coming closer. The girl turned, exiting the graveyard slowly, the same way she had come running, taking the knife back with her.

Her once brown eyes now glowed red.

Comments

Comments (14)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

DeathNoteSurvivor on October 6, 2008, 10:22:59 AM

DeathNoteSurvivor on
DeathNoteSurvivorvery nice XP cant wait to go read the next one (and i dont have to! xD)

YoriXYamiForever on October 6, 2008, 10:29:28 AM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverlol ^^

KelekiahGaladrian on October 2, 2008, 1:15:35 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianI don't think I'm going to critique this story here unless you want me to critique unread chapters that you post before you show me. It'll be easier for me to critique over IM instead, but I will comment on each chapter.

YOU'RE FINALLY POSTING IT!!!!! Though, you promised JT-kun you would, didn't you (yes, I look through comments and convos sometimes ^^0)?

I can't wait to see everyone else's reaction to this. You know I love it!!! ^^

Hmm... do you want me to beta it? Like, acting as a personal editor (if you don't know what a beta is....)?

GREAT JOB WITH IT THOUGH!!! AS I SAID, YOU KNOW I LOVE IT!!! ^^

YoriXYamiForever on October 2, 2008, 1:20:51 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverYay! ^^ That's fine with me!

YEP I AM POSTING IT!! lol Now that I'm sure where I want to go with it and that I'm actually going to write it. Yes I did promise him ^^

hehehe, Yep! I love it too, but that's kind of biased isn't it? lol

I don't understand that exactly but... ok!

THANKS!!

KelekiahGaladrian on October 2, 2008, 1:24:41 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianYay! That'll make it so much easier for me XP lol

That's kool. I'll get MSXDN moving eventually, after I get through L's part, though I'm not entirely sure I'll actually post it. We shall see. Hehe, I shouldn't read people's convos anymore. It's not very nice XP

lol if you say so ^^

Well, it's basically what you've been doing with each chapter of HYETL so far, having someone else edit it before you post it. That's what a beta does. After all, you can't find EVERY mistake you read even if you read it a million times. Besides, there may be plot holes and stuff others can pick out and all that. But whatever, it doesn't really matter to me. It's your choice.

You're welcome!!!!! ^^

YoriXYamiForever on October 5, 2008, 9:57:54 AM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverKool ^^ No it's not very nice :P

I'd love for you to be my beta!!! lol

KelekiahGaladrian on October 5, 2008, 11:16:15 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianHehehe ^^0

YAY!!!! ^^ *shouts to the world* I'M WULF-CHAN'S BETA!!!!!!!! ^^