Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Overslept

In a world where how magically educated you are is everything, nothing's better than graduating from Academy Hex. For two student teams, there’s only one test left to achieve that. The problem is, that test is surviving in the human world!

Chapter 1 - Overslept

Chapter 1 - Overslept
Chapter 1: Overslept


“Oi, lazy, you’re gonna be late.”

Darkon scowled in annoyance at the drawled comment. He pointedly ignored the speaker and shifted slightly in his hammock to get more comfortable, never opening his eyes.

“Oh well . . . .” the same voice said. “I guess you really don’t want to graduate. That’s ok. I’m sure Ferran’s team will be happy to move into the corps. Have fun making weapons you never get to use from now on.”

That got Darkon’s attention. He jolted upright – and promptly lost his balance. His hammock dumped him on the hard wood floor and he groaned.

A cackle sounded above his head. He glared up at the source.

“Zip it, Pong,” he growled, pushing himself to his feet and rubbing his head where he could feel a goose egg growing.

Pong ignored him and continued his loud cackle, bouncing up and down in the air. Darkon swatted at the fairy but he easily dodged.

“I’m the least of your worries, Darkie,” Pong said, grinning evilly. “Just look at the time.”

Filled with dread, Darkon glanced up at the clock on his wall. He about died on the spot.

Pong held up a gloved hand, fingers spread wide. “You have to be in the White Hall in five minutes, think you can make it?”

Darkon snarled and jumped forward, missing Pong by a hair. Ignoring the fairy for a moment, he threw open his closet door and searched through the pile of clothes frantically. He finally found his black Team Leader robe and jerked it on. Then he darted to the other side of the room and threw open his window.

“Oi! You need shoes stupid!” Pong called.

“Don’t care,” Darkon said.

He leaned back into his small room and, before Pong could escape, grabbed the small fairy by the wings.

“OUCH!” Pong protested, swatting futilely at his master’s hand.

Darkon smirked. “Nice try.”

Pong harrumphed at him – not that it did any good. “It’s your fault you’re late. None of the other students need ten hours of sleep a – AH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

Darkon had just taken a running start and leapt out the window.

“NEED I REMIND YOU IT’S TWENTY STORIES DOWN?!?” Pong shrieked, clutching his master’s hand so he wasn’t torn away by the wind.

Darkon ignored him and pulled a small, circular container out of his pocket. He held it between his pinkie and thumb and ripped the cover off with his teeth. Inside was a golden cream-like mixture. Pong saw it and his expression turned horrified.

“Oh no you don’t!” he shouted, now squirming to get away. “DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!”

Darkon dipped his pointer finger in the cream and in a flash had used it to draw two golden lines onto Pong’s vest, slanting up from his chest to the edges of his shoulders. With a smirk he added one final line, right down the middle of the two first lines.

Immediately, Pong was engulfed in a golden glow and Darkon released him. The fairy disappeared from his sight in a flash.

Unfortunately, with the distraction gone, Darkon found himself looking at the ground for the first time – and it was growing closer by the second. For a moment he wondered if he maybe should have taken the stairs after all.

Then a figure swooped underneath him and he smirked. Who needed stairs?

He wrapped his arms around the figure’s neck and held on tight. Powerful black wings beat on either side of him and suddenly he was moving forward instead of falling.

“Welcome back, Pong,” he said with a smug smile.

“Shut up,” the fairy snapped. “I should have just let you fall. Did you think to ask me if I wanted to grow fifty times my normal size?! I refuse to save you next time you jump out a window, idiot!”

“I’ll remember that,” Darkon replied.

Of course, he didn’t plan on jumping out any more windows . . . unless it was an emergency. He grinned.

“How long does the hex sign last?” Pong asked, flapping harder to get more altitude so they could clear the town rooftops.

“About seven minutes.”

“You are so lucky I’m here. I think you should forfeit your graduation anyway.”

“Not a chance, the team’s counting on me.”

“Then none of you are graduating anyway,” Pong mumbled.

Before Darkon could reply, Pong spilled air from his wings and headed into a dive towards the courtyard of the White Hall.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KelekiahGaladrian on November 2, 2008, 12:35:11 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrian*blinks* O. M. Gosh.

Ravin: What's wrong with you?

*blinks again and points* It's Darkon.

Ravin: *nods slowly* Yes, that would be Darkon.

*whirls around, blushing, and rubs cheeks like crazy*

Ravin: *blinks at me* Okay.............

*several minutes later*

*turns back around* Okay, putting that aside, I absolutely adore both characters. Their personalities so far are awesome.

Pong sounds funny. I'm excited to see more of him and his personality. ^^

For a first chapter, I think it's really good, though kinda short, but I'm used to Kay-chan's and Cat-chan's REALLY LONG chapters....

The lack of information makes me curious and I wanna read more for sure.

I'm interested to see more on Darkon's background and all that.

Overall, awesome first chapter. ^^ Great job Wulf-chan! I love it!! ^^

YoriXYamiForever on November 2, 2008, 12:37:38 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForever*blinks* Yeah, it's Darkon lol.

There will definitely be more on Pong ^_^ Yes, it actually was rather short ^^0 Darkon's background... will come eventually lol.

I'm glad you like it! ^^

KelekiahGaladrian on November 2, 2008, 12:39:35 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrian*goes bright red again and turns around, rubbing cheeks fiercely*

Ravin: She says she's excited for all that wonderful stuff and you're welcome for whatever reason. *wasn't really paying attention*

YoriXYamiForever on November 2, 2008, 12:41:39 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForever*blinks* Why are you rubbing your cheeks?

KelekiahGaladrian on November 2, 2008, 12:45:42 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrian*mutters, back still turned* No reason....

YoriXYamiForever on November 2, 2008, 12:46:59 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverOh? I don't believe you.

KelekiahGaladrian on November 2, 2008, 12:47:51 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrian*glances back at you, still red in the face* Why do you think I'm doing it? Heck, why do you think I'm blushing in the first place?

YoriXYamiForever on November 2, 2008, 12:48:42 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForever*slyly* Oh I don't know... maybe you liiiiike Darkon...

KelekiahGaladrian on November 2, 2008, 12:49:52 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrian*goes bright red again and turns around, rubbing cheeks fiercely*

Ravin: Bullseye.

YoriXYamiForever on November 2, 2008, 12:54:58 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverHa! *grins*

KelekiahGaladrian on November 2, 2008, 12:55:38 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrian*rubbing face* Shut up.

YoriXYamiForever on November 2, 2008, 12:56:59 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForever^_^

KelekiahGaladrian on November 2, 2008, 1:00:19 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianRavin: Hmm... does Darkon know of your... affections, as you put it, Lego-chan (at least in the comment for chapter two *points to it*)?

*turns bright red again*

YoriXYamiForever on November 2, 2008, 1:08:25 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverAs far as I know... no But I could tell him if you want lol

KelekiahGaladrian on November 2, 2008, 1:09:24 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrian*mutters while blushing* If you want to..............

YoriXYamiForever on November 2, 2008, 1:10:34 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverWe'll see ^^

DeathNoteSurvivor on November 2, 2008, 11:49:52 AM

DeathNoteSurvivor on
DeathNoteSurvivori like how you started this ^^ im not gonna lie, im a little confused lol
but i still cant wait for more