Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Accusations

A forbidden love. Teacher and student. Kakashi Hatake, so aloof and coldhearted, falls for the young Sakura Haruno. She has a dangerous choice to make.

My OC is Sakura''s childhood friend and sole confidant.

Chapter 1 - Accusations

Chapter 1 - Accusations
Sasuke and Naruto shared a glance, then nodded at each other. It was time to approach Kakashi-sensei. They both started for the picnic table that Kakashi was parked at, reading his romance novel. Naruto glanced at Sasuke nervously, and cleared his throat.

“Kakashi-sensei, can… Can we talk to you for a minute?” The words hung in the air as Kakashi looked up, returning slowly from the book he was immersed in. He had sensed the boys’ approach subconsciously, not actually expecting them to disturb him. He glanced at the pair, and seeing their tense posture made him sit up a little straighter. Had something happened?

“Hey, kids. Is something the matter?” Kakashi said, his expression serious, for once. Naruto relaxed slightly. At least he was taking them seriously. He screwed up his face in concentration, and took the plunge.

“Well, Sensei, Sasuke and I’ve noticed… something… a little weird between you and Sakura-chan lately. Like, weird vibes.” Naruto’s foot tapped nervously on the grass beneath him, and he tossed a pleading glance to Sasuke. If he was going to be of any help, now would be the time.

Sasuke nodded, and put in, “As in, more than just a relationship between teacher and student.” His gaze was hard and searching, communicating that there would be no understanding or forgiveness.

The teacher’s eyes hardened, and both of the boys could feel the heat of his stare from both eyes, even though his headband completely obscured his left eye. Naruto actually backed up a step, and Sasuke tensed under the stare.

“Now, that is a serious accusation.” Kakashi’s heart was pounding, but his eye showed no such disturbance. “Why would I risk my position by breaking such a serious rule? You both know the legal ramifications of what you’re suggesting is taking place between Sakura-san and I, don’t you?”

A tight nod from Naruto and Sasuke. They both glanced at each other, something akin to panic in Naruto’s eyes and a dull echo of the same in Sasuke’s.

Kakashi flashed them a smile beneath his mask and clapped his hands together, closing his book with a loud thump. “Well, then, now that we’ve discussed this, I need to go report to the Hokage. Have a good afternoon, boys.” He raised two fingers in farewell without turning around as he sauntered off, his silver hair tousled by the wind.

Sasuke and Naruto stood there, frozen in place, watching as their teacher stalked off. As soon as Kakashi was out of sight, Naruto let out a huge breath he hadn’t realized he had been holding. Sasuke took one look at him and rolled his eyes. The kid was covered in sweat. If there was one thing Naruto did not hold up well with, it was confrontation with authority figures.

“Well, that went well,” Sasuke snorted sarcastically.

“Shut up, Sasuke. It’s not like you did much better,” Naruto snapped, still shaken up from Kakashi-sensei’s death stare.

“That’s not what I meant, you idiot. He didn’t give us a straight answer.”

Naruto scrunched up his face, replaying the conversation in his head. His eyes widened as he realized Sasuke was right. But…

“But what he said was true! Why would he risk his position in the leaf village by dating a student?” Naruto was so sure that Kakashi wouldn’t break the law. It was almost sweet, the admiration he had for the man.

“Maybe you’re right,” Sasuke sighed, hoping that Kakashi was as admirable as Naruto thought him to be.

--

Chapter 2: http://www.fanart-central.net/chapter-100471.html

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

aly_kat_199218 on June 2, 2011, 4:56:43 AM

aly_kat_199218 on
aly_kat_199218you portray sasuke and naruto very well. I love it!!!

nextguardian on January 3, 2011, 9:32:56 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianKakashi is the master of dodging questions. You did a really good job of capturing the guy's personalities in this chapter :)

YunieXTidus on January 3, 2011, 9:36:35 AM

YunieXTidus on
YunieXTidusThanks. I could totally see him doing something like this.