Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Stirring Feelings

A forbidden love. Teacher and student. Kakashi Hatake, so aloof and coldhearted, falls for the young Sakura Haruno. She has a dangerous choice to make.

My OC is Sakura''s childhood friend and sole confidant.

Chapter 2 - Stirring Feelings

Chapter 2 - Stirring Feelings
A few weeks earlier...

“Again! Come at me!” Sakura’s concentration was once again shattered as Kakashi-sensei’s velvety voice caressed her ears. Naruto almost landed a hit, but he pulled at the last second, aware that Sakura was not paying attention. Again. Sakura glanced over at Kakashi and Sasuke sparring. Kakashi had been sparring with Sasuke non-stop since early that morning, before the sun had even risen.

“Sakura…” Naruto sighed, thinking her feelings for Sasuke had broken her concentration. “Sakura, we need to train. We’ve got a big mission coming up, and you keep getting distracted.” He ran his hands through his hair, his mouth pulled down in a large frown.

“S-shut up, Naruto. I’m ready,” Sakura grumbled, her cheeks turning a bright pink, shooting icy daggers at Naruto with her bright green eyes. Damn, he had caught her daydreaming again. Only this time, it wasn’t Sasuke she was thinking about.

“Then why did I have to pull that last kick?” He shot back, flooding with chagrin. Why couldn’t she blush like that while thinking about him? He’d give anything for that to happen.

She replied with a sweeping kick, knocking Naruto flat on his back.

“Shut up, Naruto! Worry less about me and more about yourself. Get up. Like you said, we need to train.” Sakura sighed. She knew it wasn’t his fault, and she actually felt bad for taking it out on him for once. No, this one was all on her. She held out her hand to him, offering help up. “Sorry. I’ve just got a lot on my mind. I’ll do better this time.”

Naruto took her hand, surprised. She usually didn’t make excuses for her abuse of him, much less apologize! Once he was on his feet, he dusted himself off and looked over at Sasuke and Kakashi. They were still going at it, and neither of them looked like they’d even broken a sweat.

Sakura turned and stood beside him, watching the intense pseudo-battle. Every now and then, Sasuke would land a hit, which Kakashi would block. He would allow the recoil to propel him from Sasuke, then leap forward and attack Sasuke from another direction. The way he ran reminded Sakura of a lion, powerful and strong, yet graceful. She felt her breath catch, and her eyes began to moisten.

“Sakura?” Naruto stood there, gaping at her. She broke out of her trance and touched her fingertips to her cheeks; they were wet.

“Sorry,” she mumbled, wiping the tears away with the sleeve of her training outfit. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me.” And it was true- she had no idea why she was reacting this way. Frankly, the fact that watching her sensei sparring, albeit beautifully, could make her cry scared her.

“Do you want to call it quits for the day?” His gaze was full of concern. If something was going on with Sakura, he wanted to help in any way he could. Her silent nod told him all he needed to know- something was not right with Sakura.

---


Kakashi and Sasuke rushed at each other again. Sasuke had definitely been training on his own. Kakashi had noticed a significant increase in the boy’s strength since the last time they’d sparred like this. He was actually being challenged by Sasuke, which was unusual for a genin of his caliber. This kid’s going places, Kakashi admitted with grudging respect. Okay, it’s time to end this. Kakashi tensed his stance, and built up chakra in his whole body, using it to push himself behind Sasuke. Sasuke turned around in alarm as his defenses were compromised. Kakashi pulled out a kunai and wrapped his arm around Sasuke’s neck, pointing the weapon at his exposed throat.Game over.

“Kakashi-sensei!” Naruto called, waving to get his teacher’s attention. He stood beside Sakura who was looking at him with tear-filled eyes. He felt his pulse quicken. Something in him wanted to run to her, take her face in his hands, and kiss those tears away-

Kakashi found himself face-first on the ground, Sasuke’s heel at the back of his neck. Seeing Naruto’s and Sakura’s eyes widen in something close to horror, he grabbed Sasuke’s ankle and tossed him into a nearby tree and used his momentum to right himself. He dusted off his uniform and glanced surreptitiously at Sakura. Her jade green eyes still had a hint of tears in them, but mostly they were just filled with alarm. Well, he did toss the kid pretty hard.

“What is it, Naruto?” Kakashi replied, still troubled by his sudden impulse toward Sakura. He shook his head, trying to clear those thoughts away.

“Sakura’s not feeling well, so I was wondering if we could call it quits for today…” Naruto trailed off, glancing at Sakura like a dog who knew another beating was on its way. Kakashi looked at Sakura, his gaze full of concern. Her cheeks turned bright pink and she suddenly found a blade of grass that was very interesting. Naruto looked from her to Kakashi, and his eyes hardened. Something was fishy here.

Kakashi felt Naruto shooting daggers at him, and he quickly cooled off his gaze into cool disinterest. No need giving Naruto the wrong idea.

“Sure thing. Sasuke and I had just finished up.” Kakashi glanced at Sasuke, who was dusting himself off angrily. He chuckled. Hell, he’d probably be angry, too, if his teacher tossed him around like so much dirty laundry. Not to mention how close he got to owning Kakashi. No one at his level had come that close in years. Not since… At any rate, the kid was a marvel.

Without further prodding, Naruto was off. He didn’t need to be told twice; the kid was probably already darkening the doorstep of the nearest restaurant. Sasuke, too, quickly made himself scarce. Sakura finally turned to leave, and her posture emanated distress. Kakashi wanted to comfort her, to take her in his arms and make everything okay.

“Sakura…” He called, unable to stop some of his emotions to seep into the single word. She turned around, an unspoken hope creeping into her eyes. He internally kicked himself, and finished, “I hope you’re feeling better tomorrow,” with an innocent smile and wave. Her face fell, and she bowed a “thank you,” before turning and running off.

The moment she was gone, he knotted both his hands in his hair and said to himself, “Kakashi Hatake, what have you gotten yourself into now?”

--

Chapter 3: http://www.fanart-central.net/chapter-100502.html

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

aly_kat_199218 on June 2, 2011, 4:59:33 AM

aly_kat_199218 on
aly_kat_199218I love that Kakashi hesitated in the fight with Sasuke and how he threw Sasuke against the tree... I like it that Sakura had the Moment where she witnessed something beautiful it mad her cry.

nextguardian on January 3, 2011, 9:36:21 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianYou do a really stellar job of getting personalities down. The mood of this chapter was spot-on, too. Nervous tension, coupled with Naruto getting bullied. It just realy feels like Naruto, you know? I don't think I could give a higher compliment than that, because getting the 'feel' of Naruto down is difficult. Good work so far! I can't wait for more!

YunieXTidus on January 3, 2011, 9:37:44 AM

YunieXTidus on
YunieXTidusThank you! High praise. I started writing more during class today- ironically, Chemistry. I may have another chapter or two up later tonight.