Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Meltdown

A forbidden love. Teacher and student. Kakashi Hatake, so aloof and coldhearted, falls for the young Sakura Haruno. She has a dangerous choice to make.

My OC is Sakura''s childhood friend and sole confidant.

Chapter 4 - Meltdown

Chapter 4 - Meltdown
The gentle wind blew Kakashi’s silver hair around his face as he jumped from rooftop to rooftop, pushing harder each time his feet made contact with the red tiles. He was running so fast that even if someone managed to hear his footsteps, by the time they’d look up, he’d be long gone.

Maybe if I take a few days to clear my head. Perhaps staying away from her will put these feelings to rest. His heart hurt at the very thought of trying to avoid her. Not to mention that it would be next to impossible to avoid her, seeing as he was her teacher. He couldn’t exactly skip out on their lessons and training without arousing suspicion. Kakashi let slip a frustrated sigh. He was ten years older than Sakura, and she wasn’t even eighteen yet. It was so wrong. These feelings were so wrong. And worse – the urges he had. Half the time he wanted to hold her, to kiss her silly. The other half, the testosterone, lust-filled half, wanted do do things far worse to her, with her.

His pace slowed as he reached the outer limits of the village. His footsteps were the only sound, save for the loud thoughts in his mind.

As the trees parted to reveal a clearing, Kakashi came to a standstill. Honestly, he was at a total loss at what to do. The last time he’d felt this much emotion was many years ago, and it was obvious that the lack of exposure was majorly affecting him. The last time he’d felt this way about someone… It hadn’t ended well.

He began to pace, thoughts running through his head faster than water. He couldn’t avoid her. He had to act normal around Naruto and Sasuke. He could barely control himself around her. Oh, and let’s not forget that she was way beyond “off-limits.” His reputation in the leaf village would be ruined. Such a scandal would not be tolerated, he was sure of it.

“DAMN IT!” Kakashi roared to the sky, his chakra seething with the turmoil he was experiencing. His frustration was building and building, and his chakra began pulsating, gathering in his hands. With a final cry, he dealt a two-handed punch the nearest tree, sending it flying in a cloud of bark and splinters. It flew horizontally, taking row after row of trees. The tree didn’t lose momentum until it was a good half a mile away from Kakashi’s panting figure, both arms still raised. He surveyed the swath of damage and grunted. He collapsed, dropping to his knees before he fell face-down into the dirt. Kakashi had almost completely depleted his chakra- if he had put any more into that punch, he’d probably be dead. As his vision dimmed, he saw a pair of legs running towards him. He briefly wondered if it was a friend or foe, but as the darkness closed in around him, he came to the conclusion that he didn’t care.

--

Chapter 5: http://www.fanart-central.net/chapter-100508.html

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

aly_kat_199218 on June 2, 2011, 5:22:26 AM

aly_kat_199218 on
aly_kat_199218wow I think its kinda depressing and scarry and true he could have died thats scarry but if he did no more chapters lol. very good you write like an artist. beautiful

nextguardian on January 4, 2011, 1:09:28 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardian00' Wow, lucky that was a tree he hit and not a person. Poor guy. That's got to be the worst kind of frustration. On the other hand, it's really great he cares about he so much. At least enough to think about what he's doing.
Good chapter.

YunieXTidus on January 4, 2011, 1:18:59 PM

YunieXTidus on
YunieXTidusI was actually worried that this chapter might be too much. Kakashi never shows that much emotion, so I was afraid it wouldn't feel like 'him,' if you know what I mean. I'm glad I was able to pull it off.