Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Kakashi, You Dog

A forbidden love. Teacher and student. Kakashi Hatake, so aloof and coldhearted, falls for the young Sakura Haruno. She has a dangerous choice to make.

My OC is Sakura''s childhood friend and sole confidant.

Chapter 7 - Kakashi, You Dog

Chapter 7 - Kakashi, You Dog
Kakashi woke with a start, his head resting on a picnic table. He jerked up, looking around. He had a copy of Icha Icha Paradise in his hand, as per usual. “A dream…?” Kakashi could hardly believe it. All of that was a dream? He’d clearly been reading too much Icha Icha. To let his imagination go this far…? That’s one heck of a dream. I can’t believe I imagined a relationship with my student. I might… have to…cut back on my reading. It caused something close to physical pain for him to admit it, but he couldn’t be fantasizing about having a relationship with his student. That was definitely not okay.

Just then, Sakura came running up to the table Kakashi was at, waving and grinning. “I finally found you!” She said, smiling coyly. His heart stuttered as she looked at him like that. She’d never looked at him like that before. His heart definitely stopped when she threw her arms around him, instead of stopping at the edge of the picnic table as he thought she would. “I’ve been looking for you everywhere…” She said in a hushed voice, her breath tickling his neck through his mask. His hands had automatically gone around her, his first thought catching her. Now that she was this close though, he definitely needed some distance or he’d lose control. It would not be good to grab her by the waist, set her down on the picnic table, and have his way with her right then and there. Yeah, that would definitely not be good.

“Sakura…” He meant it to come out as a warning, but it came out more like a groan. She just bit his ear. His hands tightened on her waist, and she took that as invitation to continue. She drug her lips across the fabric of his mask, tracing his firm jawline slowly until she found his mouth. There she bit his lip through the mask, and smiled when she felt his sharp exhale, his hot breath seeping through the thin fabric. His hands wandered up to her shoulders where his fingers dug in. His eyes widened in shock, and he quickly grabbed her by the waist and hoisted her up and away from him, setting her down gently several feet away. Kakashi took a few moments to calm himself down, cooling off his gaze from one of passion to one of calm disinterest. “What was that just now, eh?”

“Sensei, don’t be so mean! You promised, remember?” Sakura pouted, her jade green eyes filling with dissatisfaction. She tried to sidle up next to him, but Kakashi sidestepped and crossed his arms, giving her a slightly scary look. “But, but, sensei… You said…” Her eyes began to fill with tears, and Kakashi raised a hand to comfort her, but let it drop to his side harmlessly. He couldn’t afford to give her another opportunity to get through his defenses.

“Just what do you think you’re doing, Sakura? I’m your teacher, you shouldn’t be trying to make these advances,” Kakashi said, all the while wishing he could let her. It really sucked to be in this position. So close to Sakura, who’s clearly interested, but having to restrain them both. He ran a hand through his hair in frustration, two different kinds of frustration. “Sakura, what exactly did I say to you?” He said, slightly exasperated, and more than a little confused. He thought he’d woken up, but this was definitely worse than the situation he had been in. At least his ‘old’ situation had been rectifiable. This… he had no idea what to do.

“Kakashi-sensei! You forgot? You promised that if I could manage to get through your defenses, … If I could get your mask off, … you’d… well…” She looked away and blushed heavily. His eye widened in shock, and he took a step toward her involuntarily. He was now positive he was dreaming. Even if he wasn’t… Would it be okay to do this? Kakashi grabbed her hand and turned it over, so her palm was facing up. He slowly traced the outline of each finger without breaking eye contact with her. Then he closed her hand, save her index finger, which he slowly hooked under his mask right by his nose. He gently pulled her wrist downward, slowly exposing his face to another living person for the first time in many, many years.

--

Kakashi woke with a start, immediately sitting upright in his bed. The rag on his forehead fell in a damp heap into his relaxed palms. He wiped his forehead with his arm, then glanced up as he realized they were bandaged. And… they smelled like Sakura. He laughed and gave a chuckle. Damn that Ryouko… he couldn’t keep a secret. Well, that wasn’t fair. Ryouko was only thinking of Kakashi’s health. To be honest, he felt a thousand times better than he did the last time he was conscious. The fact that he could even sit up was quite an improvement. Although, that dream… I can’t believe I let myself go like that. I totally gave in to her. I… I showed her my face! He actually facepalmed at that thought. I’ve never let my emotions rule me like that. To think Sakura could have that effect on me… I may have to ask the Hokage to reassign them another teacher. I can’t allow my feelings to rule the way I act. Their training is too important for my personal feelings to get in the way. He slowly turned in the bed until his feet touched the ground. Looks like Ryouko’s not around. I think I’ll skip town now, before he comes back from wherever he went. He strode toward the door, freezing in place as it burst open.

“Where do you think you’re going?!” Ryouko cried indignantly. “Bed, now! You need rest.” He spun Kakashi around, laid his hands on his back, and pushed. Kakashi stumbled and fell back onto the bed. “Stay.”

“Would you mind not talking to me like a dog?” The words sounded harsh, but Kakashi’s crinkled-eye grin and soft chuckle told the real story. Besides, that dream only goes to show that I AM a dog. Jeesh.

“Well, if the collar fits,” Ryouko replied with a grin. “Kakashi-sama the dog. Hah, it suits you!” He laughed heartily, and smiled as Kakashi joined in. It looks as though his recovery was well on its way. He seemed in a better mood, as well. Maybe he would feel up to talking about the incident soon. He needed to know what was bothering Kakashi before he could help him.

As Ryouko set about preparing breakfast while simultaneously making sure Kakashi stayed in bed, Kakashi thought about the dream he’d had. It felt so real, and he hadn’t resisted for long. To think just a few words made him lose his resolve, throw his care for his reputation, and hers, out the window like that. He snorted derisively at himself. Kakashi, you really are a dog.

--

Chapter 8: http://www.fanart-central.net/chapter-100543.html

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

aly_kat_199218 on June 2, 2011, 5:56:17 AM

aly_kat_199218 on
aly_kat_199218lol you dog love it love it made me smile... you make me smile... yaaaaayyyyy!!!

nextguardian on January 8, 2011, 10:04:54 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianMan, that's one nice dream Kakashi had there. Tasteful, yet passionate. lol, Kakashi-sama the dog. I like that. Another great chapter here :)