Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Apologies

A forbidden love. Teacher and student. Kakashi Hatake, so aloof and coldhearted, falls for the young Sakura Haruno. She has a dangerous choice to make.

My OC is Sakura''s childhood friend and sole confidant.

Chapter 8 - Apologies

Chapter 8 - Apologies
--
NOTE: This takes place BEFORE chapter 7
--

Ryouko gently closed the door behind him and set off for Sakura’s house at a leisurely pace. There was no rush – dawn hadn’t even cracked yet. Kakashi was still sound asleep, and he needed time to figure out what exactly he was going to say to Sakura. What if she punched him? He wouldn’t be surprised if she did. He deserved to be punched. He took advantage of her and tried to kiss her. His face flushed at the memory. If only that door had knocked a few seconds later… I would have… No, no, that wasn’t the way to think. He doubted Sakura was even remotely interested. Besides, he had no claim to her. As far as he was concerned, she was someone else’s woman. There was obviously something going on with her and Kakashi, and he had no right to get in their way. Yep, he’d apologize profusely to her for his rude behavior, and promise it would never happen again. Yeah, that’s what he’d do. She didn’t need to worry about his advancing on her when it wasn’t needed or wanted. He’d be her friend, as he always was. He could make that sacrifice for her sake. So he’d give up his childhood love in exchange for a wonderful friend.

Ryouko looked up, surprised. He was already at her house? He sighed nervously and hopped up to her window. Sound asleep. He felt bad for waking her up, but he needed to get back to Kakashi as soon as possible. He knocked on her window, turning his face aside in case he saw something he wasn’t supposed to. She came to the window and pulled it open, gesturing for him to come inside.

“Ryouko…? What are you… “ She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and stared at him, blushing furiously as yesterday’s incident replayed in her head. “Did you need something? It’s early…”

“Yes, I’m very sorry to disturb you, Sakura-sama. I just wanted to…” Ryouko dropped to the floor and bowed in front of Sakura. “Please forgive me for my actions yesterday. I was way out of line. I don’t want to lose your friendship over something like that.”

“Ryouko…!” Sakura exclaimed, completely taken aback. To think he came all this way, at this early in the morning, just to apologize to her. And what an apology! Sakura dropped to her knees beside him and put her hand on his shoulder. “Ryouko… “ She sighed, and Ryouko looked up, surprised. “Ryouko, it’s okay. I’ve known for a while how you feel, and while I can’t accept your feelings, I really don’t think you did anything that needs an apology of this level.”

“But, Sakura-sama-“ Ryouko started, but was cut off by Sakura’s frown of disapproval.

“I told you, call me “chan,” okay? We’re friends. I accept your apology, so please get up!”

Ryouko stood to his feet and offered a hand to Sakura. Once she was on her feet, he stepped to the window. He gave her a quick smile, and said, “Sorry again to wake you up so early.”

“It’s okay, Ryouko-kun. And… we’re good, right? I don’t want to lose you as a friend,” Sakura replied.

He turned around and walked over to her. “”No, you haven’t lost me. I’ll always be there for you, Sakura-chan, in whatever way you need me.” He leaned down and kissed her bare forehead before disappearing out of the open window.

Sakura watched him go, her fingers tracing the spot where Ryouko’s lips touched her brow. His words echoed in her head: “I’ll always be there for you… in whatever way you need me.” She smiled softly. That’s a true friend for you. Ryouko… he’s one of a kind.

--

Chapter 9: http://www.fanart-central.net/chapter-100573.html

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on January 8, 2011, 10:03:53 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianI'm glad to see that Ryouko can still be her friend after his little blunder. That apology was definitely true to form for him, too! lol.
Anyway, really great job here, too.

andr28a on January 7, 2011, 10:55:54 PM

andr28a on
andr28aThings seem to be shaping up now.