Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Forced to Play Hookie

A forbidden love. Teacher and student. Kakashi Hatake, so aloof and coldhearted, falls for the young Sakura Haruno. She has a dangerous choice to make.

My OC is Sakura''s childhood friend and sole confidant.

Chapter 11 - Forced to Play Hookie

Chapter 11 - Forced to Play Hookie
Sakura scrambled to get dressed, throwing her clothes on and running a brush through her hair hastily. She stormed down the stairs and shouted at her mom, "Why didn't you wake me up?! I'm so late for training!" Sakura's mother just stood speechless, watching her flustered daughter in shock. Sakura was never late for anything. As she ran from room to room in search of her bag, her mother wondered if maybe Sakura was ill.

"Sakura-chan...!" The woman called, and Sakura popped her head out of the door of the room she was in.

"What is it, mom? I can't find my ninja gear," she replied, shifting from foot to foot impatiently.

"Sakura, you aren't... sick, are you? You're feeling okay?" Her mother's gaze was full of concern.

"Mom... No, I'm fine. Really!" Sakura walked over and hugged her mother, leaning into the woman's small frame. If only I could tell you... But, no, you wouldn't understand. Her mind returned to Kakashi's visit, and her face flushed as she realized he'd caught her looking indecent... again. Again? No, the first time was just my overactive imagination.

"My, but your face is hot! You seem to have a fever! Back to bed with you! There's no need to push yourself when your body is weakened. Nothing good will come of it."

"Mooooooom, I'm not sick! Really, I'm not!" Sakura protested anxiously.

"Don't argue with me! You have a fever. Now, off to bed. And no sneaking out!" Her mom went into full commander mode, all but pushing her back into bed.

Crap. Mom has eyes and ears all over the village. If someone sees me with Team Kakashi when I'm supposed to be sick, I'm done for! Nothing left to do, I guess. It does give me more time to read Icha Icha... Her face flushed again and she sighed, still caught up in the tide of emotions Kakashi had sent to her. What was going on with that man? She needed somebody to talk to... Someone who wasn't a blab like Ino-pig. She knew just the girl. Last Sakura had heard, 'their' team's training had been canceled - their sensei had come down with a cold or something. Perfect timing. She produced a clone of herself an dtold it, "Go find her and tell her to meet me here asap, okay?" The clone nodded and turned to go. "oh, and... Don't be seen." With that, the clone was off. Sakura sat on her bed, swinging her feet excitedly. It's been so long since they'd seen each other! This was perfect. It'd been too long since she'd confided in her best friend. And this was a whopper of a secret. "Hurry up, Hisako-chan! I can't wait to see you!"

--

Chapter 12: http://www.fanart-central.net/chapter-100607.html

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on January 12, 2011, 10:41:05 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianOh boy, girl talk! A rare behind the scenes look! I'm seriously rooting for these two now!
Good job with Sakura's mom, too. We don't see her a lot, but I think you've got her personality down.

YunieXTidus on January 12, 2011, 10:42:40 AM

YunieXTidus on
YunieXTidusBTW - Hisako is my OC. I decided to try it out.

andr28a on January 12, 2011, 9:42:52 AM

andr28a on
andr28aThis should be interesting.