Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Sakura Tells All

A forbidden love. Teacher and student. Kakashi Hatake, so aloof and coldhearted, falls for the young Sakura Haruno. She has a dangerous choice to make.

My OC is Sakura''s childhood friend and sole confidant.

Chapter 13 - Sakura Tells All

Chapter 13 - Sakura Tells All
“Well, I’m not exactly sure when it really started, but if I had to set a date, I would probably say it was that day at the training field with Team 7,” Sakura said, a thoughtful expression coming across her face.

“Whaaaaaat? So it is Naruto?!” Hisako gasped, giving Sakura a frightened look. Sakura couldn’t stand Naruto! When had this happened?!

“No, no, it’s not... Naruto…” Sakura replied slowly, dropping her eyes and turning beet red. “Not Naruto.”

“Wait, so if it’s not Naruto, and it’s not Sasuke…” Hisako was totally at a loss. There weren’t any other members of her team. “Was someone else training with you guys?” Lee, maybe? Or Shikamaru? Even… Neji? Maybe she finally caught on to the fact that Ryouko-sempai practically worships the ground she walks on.

Sakura shook her head. “No, there was nobody else with us. It’s… Kakashi-sensei.”

Hisako stared at Sakura, her mouth falling open. Her… teacher? “Sorry, can you repeat that? I was sure I heard you say your teacher’s name, but that couldn’t be right.”

“I… um…” Sakura pointedly refused to make eye contact with Hisako, and her face got redder. Hisako closed her mouth and just looked at her for several minutes as they both settled into an uncomfortable silence. “Hisako-chan, say something! I can’t stand all this quiet.” She fidgeted nervously.

“Pahahahaha! You…with your teacher! God, that’s… so awkward!” Hisako burst into uncontrollable laughter, clutching at her sides. Sakura turned an even brighter red than before, and punched Hisako on the arm.

“Shut up! Don’t laugh, I haven’t even told you anything yet!” Sakura fidgeted with her skirt, her eyebrow twitching in annoyance.

Hisako continued to laugh, tears forming at the corners of her eyes. As she wiped them away with the back of her hand, Sakura pushed her off the end of the bed. She looked up at Sakura with a bewildered expression on her face, and then burst into laughter again. This time, Sakura joined in. As the laughter died out, Hisako sighed, wiping the last of the tears from her eyes.

“Sorry, Sakura-chan, that just took me by surprise. Actually, imagining you two going on a date and then an ANBU agent coming to take Kakashi-sensei away was what set it off,” Hisako explained breathlessly as she climbed back on the bed, still clutching her side. “Anyway, you were saying…?”

“Right. I was saying that I guess it all really started that day on the training field. It was about a week ago. I had gotten distracted by the sound of his voice…” Sakura blushed, looking at the floor. “Naruto and I stopped to watch Sasuke-kun and Kakashi-sensei sparring. I… As I was watching him, I was just moved. I hadn’t even realized I’d started crying until Naruto said something. It was just so beautiful. That sounds so stupid, doesn’t it?” She laughed weakly at herself.

“No, that doesn’t sound stupid. It makes perfect sense that something beautiful could move you to tears.” Hisako smiled a reassuring smile at her friend. “Anyway, what happened then?”

“Well, Naruto told Sensei I wasn’t feeling well, and when sensei looked over at me, I’m not sure what exactly happened… He looked concerned, and not just a casual concern for his student. And when he said my name after Naruto and Sasuke had left… For a minute I thought I heard something in his voice.” Sakura looked up at Hisako, biting her lip. “And then, later that day, he came by to return my ninja gear. I had left it on the training field. Kakashi-sensei never does those sorts of things himself. He’ll get Sasuke-kun or Naruto to do it. But before that… I had just gotten out of the shower and was drying my hair when…” Sakura turned crimson. “Well, I saw him at my window. Or, at least I thought I did. Who knows, maybe I’m just going crazy.” Sakura sighed and put her head in her hands.

Hisako had stayed silent during all of this, watching Sakura with a serious expression. “Sakura, don’t underestimate the power of a woman’s intuition. Was this all of what happened between you two to make you think…?”

“Well, there was one other thing…” Sakura raised her head and put her palm on the side of her face thoughtfully. “This morning, actually. I woke up late! Imagine that! I was late to training. Kakashi-sensei actually came to my window and woke me up. When I opened the window, he was looking at me, and I could feel all these emotions coming from him. It was so conflicted. And then, he must have saw my reaction in my face, and he kind of… shut down? His expression went blank and his eyes went dark. That’s the only way I can think of to explain it.” She conveniently left out the bit about her reading Makeout Paradise. That was too embarrassing.

“Well, well…” Hisako murmured, also deep in thought. “What are you gonna do?”

“What do you mean?” Sakura looked totally confused.

“Sakura… If he likes you, what are you going to do? He’s your teacher. Not only that, but you’re still a minor, and he’s over 10 years older than you. That’s a big difference, and he’d be in so much trouble. Besides, you could kiss your future here goodbye. Nobody wants to hire someone with that kind of track record.” Hisako actually felt uncomfortable for Sakura, saying all that. If she actually cared for Kakashi-sensei, this wouldn’t really dissuade her, but still…

“You think I don’t know that? I don’t know what I’d do. There’s just something about him that puts me at ease. He’s so comfortable to be around.”

Hisako ruffled Sakura’s hair affectionately. “I’m not judging you, girl. The heart wants what it wants. Actually, I’m kind of jealous. To be sought after by THE Kakashi Hatake… You are so lucky,” She sighed. “He’s like, the single most mysterious person in Konoha. Not to mention he’s probably gorgeous. I heard from Ayame-chan, whose father owns Ichiraku? She wouldn’t stop gushing about how gorgeous he was for weeks after you guys treated him to lunch.” She grinned and added, “It’s really too bad that Ino-Shika-Cho got in your way, isn’t it?”

“Ino-Piiiiig! It’s all her fault!” Sakura ranted, suddenly fired up. “Oh, by the way… You remember Ryouko-kun?”

Hisako nodded, rolling her eyes. Of course she knew of Ryouko. He’d been drooling after Sakura for years. She’d never actually seen him in person, but she’d heard stories. Mostly from Sakura.

“Well, he… he tried to kiss me the other day! I mean, I knew he liked me, but he was always so shy! I was so surprised, I didn’t know what to do.”

“He tried what?!” Hisako jumped up, totally blown away. I’ll kill him! Trying to lay a hand on my little Sakura-chan…. He’d better watch out.

“Calm down, calm down!” Sakura tugged on her arm, alarmed. “Don’t hurt the kid. He came and apologized to me the next morning. Actually, he overdid it a little… Well, a lot. He bowed down on the floor and begged me to forgive him, saying that he didn’t want to lose me as a friend over something like that. It was really rather touching.” Sakura smiled at the memory.

“I still can’t believe that girl-shy… I can’t believe he tried to kiss you!” Hisako plopped back down on the bed, amazed. If he’s that comfortable around her, he’s come a long way. “Man, two guys in one week! And Kakashi Hatake of all people! Lucky.” She looked at Sakura, and seeing the expression on her face- a mixture of confusion, guilt, and affection made her think, My little Sakura-chan… She’s grown up!

“Hey, why don’t you spend the night? We haven’t done that in a while!” Sakura suggested out of the blue. “You like my mom’s cooking, right?”

“Yeah, your mom’s cooking is amazing! And that sounds like a plan. I’ll be right back, I lemme go tell my mom. Be back in a flash!” Hisako jumped out the window and took the rooftop route to her house.

Sakura sighed and fell backwards onto the bed. She felt so much better after finally telling someone all that. “Kakashi-sensei…” What are you doing now?

--

Chapter 14: http://www.fanart-central.net/chapter-100638.html

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on January 15, 2011, 10:29:26 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianSolid work here. I love Hisako's personality. Especially the "I'm gonna kill Ryouko!" part! It's good that Sakura has someone watching her back. And I always get a kick out of the 'girl time' thing. Since it's not something that I've ever witnessed in rl, it holds a strange fascination for me in fiction. Wait, does that should perverted? Hope not; didn't mean it that way.
Anyway, nice chapter!

andr28a on January 15, 2011, 9:03:45 AM

andr28a on
andr28aHisako... needs a character description soon.