Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Girls' Night In

A forbidden love. Teacher and student. Kakashi Hatake, so aloof and coldhearted, falls for the young Sakura Haruno. She has a dangerous choice to make.

My OC is Sakura''s childhood friend and sole confidant.

Chapter 14 - Girls' Night In

Chapter 14 - Girls' Night In
Kakashi let out a noisy sigh, watching Sasuke and Naruto, who had just returned to sparring after a very late lunch break. When Hisako-san’s clone came to tell him that Sakura was staying home, part of him was relieved. A very small part. The sane part. The other part of him just wanted to go back to her house and spend the whole day with her, locked up in that room. He had gone several days recuperating from his ‘meltdown’, seeing no one but Ryouko. It wasn’t that Ryouko was poor company… He was just naturally one who kept to himself, as Kakashi tended to do. He supposed he was just used to the outgoing nature of Naruto and Sakura. Those days crawled by more slowly than anything Kakashi had felt before. Even after his little blunder that morning, he had been looking forward to seeing her again.

Idiot. You’re so distracted by your thoughts about her that you didn’t even remember to grab your Makeout Paradise book. Now, what am I supposed to do to entertain myself? I suppose I could do two-to-one sparring with the boys, but they still hadn’t progressed enough to put up a real fight. Well, I suppose that’s not true. But I know their fighting style too well to be threatened by them. This is so BORING!

Kakashi decided that he’d make the two practice their chakra control, since it was something they both struggled with, but Sakura was great at, and she wasn’t here. Perfect. And it would give him time to go back home and grab his book.

--

Hisako ran home, jumping from rooftop to rooftop with ease. She had taken this path so many times, she could probably do it in her sleep. She mulled over what Sakura had told her. Kakashi-sensei is in a tough position. Even if he truly cares for her, he can’t pursue her. He’d put both of their reputations at risk. He’d be incarcerated, for sure… It’s a good thing he has such self control. He can’t act on his feelings until she’s 18. Three years is a long time to wait. A very long time. I’m not sure either of them can last that long. Sakura’s never been known to be patient, and although Kakashi doesn’t seem to care for punctuality, those three years will be an eternity. But Kakashi wouldn’t break the law like that… Well, who knows. I barely know the man. I don’t know what he’s capable of.

Hisako was so lost in thought that she almost ran right by her house. She skidded to a halt and hopped through the open window.

“Mother,” she called. “Are you home?” Hisako slid her shoes off and put them on the windowsill as she headed for her closet- she needed some sleepwear, along with something to change into in the morning. She grabbed her knapsack and stuffed a pair of plain black ankle-length pants that bunched up around the ankle, and a grey sleeveless shirt. Oops, almost forgot socks. She grabbed a pair of low-cut black socks. Pajamas- done. For tomorrow, she grabbed a dark blue short sleeved shirt and grey shorts. Simple, comfortable, and modest. It worked.
She slipped into the bathroom, grabbing her toothbrush, comb, and some hairties. She never went anywhere without at least two extra hairties. Having your hair blowing around your face was such a pain. On her way back into her bedroom, she caught sight of herself in the mirror. Hisako turned to face her reflection. A perfectly average face peered back at her. She stood about five feet, seven inches tall, and slender for her height. Not as slender as Ino, but then again, she didn’t go on diets. She was better developed in the chest area than Sakura, but then again, who wasn’t? No offense to the girl, but she was pretty flat. Her reddish-brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail at the base of her neck, the bottom of it just barely grazing her mid-back. Full, but not plump, naturally pink lips were curved downward, hiding a set of perfectly straight white teeth. Finally, she met her reflection’s eyes. They were large and round, a bright, icy blue. Dark lashes framed them, and thin eyebrows furrowed in disapproval. A chagrined flush tinted her pale cheeks, and she strode out of the bathroom, closing the door more noisily than she intended to. An average face like that couldn’t even begin to compete with Ino, or even Sakura. They’re both the admiration of all the boys in the whole village. Ino could have any boy she wanted. But of course, like all the other girls, she only had eyes for Sasuke Uchiha.

Hisako shook her head, angry that she let this get under her skin. Usually she didn’t let it bother her, but Sakura’s little talk with her stirred up old feelings she’d buried. She’d attracted the attention of a man twice her age. She’d also had poor Ryouko-sempai trotting after her for years. She knew it wasn’t Sakura’s fault, but she felt more than a little jealous, to say the least. She shook her head again. Sakura’s a good friend. She’s always been there for me, no matter what. Tonight’s the first time we’ve been able to hang out like this in a long time, so I need to just shut up and enjoy myself.

Her packing done, she tied up the top of the bag and slung it over her shoulders. She silently walked to her mother’s room, and stopped right in front of the door. She sighed sadly, shaking her head. She brought another one home? Again? Although I guess I should come to expect this by now. I guess I’ll just leave a note.

Mother,
I’ve gone to Sakura’s house for the night. I’m heading out early tomorrow morning for training, so you won’t see me until dinner tomorrow. I’ll bring something from Ichiraku, so don’t worry about cooking. Have a good night.
-Hisako


With that done, Hisako made a dash for her room. She grabbed her shoes, then jumped out the window. After she made sure the window was securely shut, she put on her shoes and ran all the way back to Sakura’s house, ready for a good “girl’s night in.”

--

Chapter 15: http://www.fanart-central.net/chapter-100673.html

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

andr28a on January 17, 2011, 8:27:19 AM

andr28a on
andr28aWay more info on Hisako.

Correction: Sakura is 12-13 in Naruto part one. 15-16 In Naruto part two.

andr28a on January 18, 2011, 7:33:48 AM

andr28a on
andr28aOpps I worded that wrong.
Yay more info on Hisako was what I meant to say

nextguardian on January 17, 2011, 4:21:42 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianNice description here! I loved Hisako's self-description particularly. The whole "she was better developed in the chest than Sakura, but then who wasn't" part made me lol.
Good work! Looking forward to more :)