Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - Tenzo

A forbidden love. Teacher and student. Kakashi Hatake, so aloof and coldhearted, falls for the young Sakura Haruno. She has a dangerous choice to make.

My OC is Sakura''s childhood friend and sole confidant.

Chapter 18 - Tenzo

Chapter 18 - Tenzo
When Sakura finally got home, she told her mother she wasn’t feeling well and made a beeline for her room. Although Kakashi’s comforting hug had calmed her down somewhat, she was still emotionally distraught. She couldn’t believe Hisako had hid something like this from her. She felt guilt for not noticing anything suspicious sooner, but she also felt something close to betrayal. She had always confided everything in Hisako. Why didn’t Hisako do the same, especially about something like this? It explained why she always came over unannounced, and why she never let Sakura stay the night, as well as she avoided having Sakura come over as much as she could.

And she wasn’t even sure what to think about her little moment with Kakashi. She knew their relationship wouldn’t be the same after that. But she didn’t know what to do about it. Sakura’s eyelids began to droop, the stress from both situations taking over her. She staggered to her bed and collapsed in it, sleep quickly overtaking her.

--

Hisako headed toward the forest, constantly checking to make sure she wasn’t followed. She did this on occasion when being around her mother got to be too much- she set up camp outside the village, among the trees. It sounded dangerous, but Hisako was one girl who was totally at peace with her surroundings, wherever that may be. She instinctively knew which parts of the forest were safe, and which were not. If there was no other choice, she’d light a small campfire, which would discourage any possible predators while she was sleeping.

She came to a clearing, and the sound of a gentle stream nearby made her sigh, already feeling some of the tension leave her body. She sank slowly into the soft grass, sitting in a cross-legged position, finally pulling out the package of rice balls Sakura’s mother gave her. She laid it out before her and carefully unwrapped it.
Her eyes laid on the rice balls, and Hisako quickly came to the conclusion that she had never seen anything so beautiful. She picked one up, and took a gentle bite, cupping her hand and putting it right under her chin when some crumbled away instead of going into her mouth. She giggled at her own clumsiness and made short work of the first, quickly moving on to the second, and the third. By the time she finished with the fourth, she was so full she didn’t think she could eat another bite. Sighing contentedly, Hisako closed her eyes and laid back against the gentle slope of the hill that curved slowly into the stream six or seven feet away from her. She extended her arms and ran her fingers through the soft grass as a gentle breeze toyed with her already messy hair. She wasn’t sure if there was anything more peaceful than this. Her eyelids lazily fluttered open, and she smiled in awe at the brilliant sunset. Dazzling pinks and oranges, mixed with brilliant reds and purples painted the sky without a cloud in sight. She could hardly wait for the stars to come out. She sighed again gently as her eyelids slowly drifted closed and she was taken into a calm, dreamless sleep.

--

Tenzo had been running back to the leaf village through the trees with the other ANBU agents sent on their mission when he realized they’d be passing right by his favorite spot to be at this time of night. He slowed to a walk and dropped to the floor of the forest, telling the others to go on ahead. He’d catch up with them before they met up with the Hokage. Fidgeting with his mask out of habit, he calmly strolled toward the meadow he had been to so many times. His meadow. He hadn’t seen it in a while- hadn’t had the chance, really. His blank face cracked into a small smile as the trees parted to reveal his meadow- and the expression froze when he saw a girl lying on the hill, asleep. He slowly and silently walked over to her, looking at the sleeping girl. His eyes widened when he realized it was the same girl who he had seen sparring with Neji Hyuuga. Tenzo’s hand slid up to his mask slowly, removing it so he could get a better look at the girl. He remembered the determined cast about her when she had been training with Neji. Her features seemed softer somehow in her sleep, more vulnerable. The gentlest smile he had ever seen in his life began to play around her lips as she curled and uncurled the hand that was closest to his foot, which was also close to her face. Her fingers reached out and wrapped around his ankle gently, her thumb playing with the tendon in his heel. He knelt down without shifting his footing and examined her more closely to be sure she actually was still asleep.

No doubt- she was definitely asleep. Her deep, even breaths made Tenzo want to stretch out on the grass next to her. He backed up slowly, his pupils dilating slightly when the smile disappeared as her fingertips lost their grip on his ankle. She had sensed his presence? No, that was silly; she’d only met him once. He knelt down again, putting his face close to hers. She really was beautiful, in the purest kind of way. He had seen her interact with Neji, and she didn’t hold herself in the manner of someone who knew they were beautiful. Rather, she walked like she was average, and she knew it. Her lips parted slightly as she drew in a deep breath, unwittingly driving poor Tenzo to distraction. He wanted to kiss those lips. Wait, what? He shouldn’t be thinking about kissing anyone. He was in ANBU. She was merely a Gennin. Although, one of the most fascinating Gennin he’d ever had the privilege to meet. There was no doubt in his mind- he needed to know more about her. As he walked back towards the woods, a smile played across his lips. He replaced his ANBU mask and as soon as the trees covered him, he ran at a full-out sprint to catch up with his teammates. Things were about to get a whole lot more interesting in his life.

--

Chapter 19: http://www.fanart-central.net/chapter-100793.html

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on January 22, 2011, 12:29:40 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianGood for Hisako. She sounds cute when she's asleep. Good for Tenzo, maintaing his composure, too.
Good chapter; love the mix of emotions here :)

andr28a on January 21, 2011, 11:09:04 PM

andr28a on
andr28aThis indeed will be interesting