Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Silencing Nightmares

(FE7) Nino has a nightmare, and it turns out that the best words of comfort may not be any words at all. JaffarNino

Chapter 1 - Silencing Nightmares

Chapter 1 - Silencing Nightmares


Konnichi'wa!

This is pretty old, but I still like it, so I figured I'd post it here.

The fic assumes that you have NinoxJaffar A support, and that it takes place between chapters 26x and 31.

I hope you like it!



----------



Silencing Nightmares



----------



Jaffar sat, eyes half-closed, leaning against a wall inside a dark, damp fort. The small army had been in the middle of nowhere for some time, so they had been forced to spend the night in a moldy, old, abandoned fort. Barely any of the rooms were useable, so everyone was very crowded. Jaffar had been placed in a room with Nino, Legault, Dart, Geitz, and Rebecca. Unfortunately for everyone in the room, Geitz snored louder than anyone else in the small makeshift army. Nino had fallen asleep immediately and soundly, oblivious to the noise, however, Dart and Rebecca were not so fortunate. Both of them had been kept up very late, and they eventually had to stick a pillow over Geitz's face to keep him quiet, before finally falling asleep. Jaffar hadn't really been trying to sleep, and Legault was nowhere to be seen.



A small noise disturbed Jaffar's half-slumber, and he looked up to see what it was. As it turned out, Nino was not sleeping soundly at all. She tossed and turned, whimpering, as she clutched tightly to her blanket.





Black…



Red…



Screaming…blood…



The woman…walking closer…closer…



Crying…



The small child felt herself being held close by familiar arms… The strange woman walked still closer… She was right there… The grip on the small child loosened… Her mother fell dead…blood everywhere… The child in the arms of the unfamiliar woman, screaming… The screaming ceased…more blood…



Blood…



So much blood…



Everyone…bleeding…red…



Mother…



“…Nino?”



Nino slowly opened her eyes and found that someone had been gently shaking her awake. Immediately, knowing who it was, Nino threw herself at Jaffar and cried into his chest.



“J-Jaffar…I…” Tears flowed down Nino's cheeks as she clung to the fabric of Jaffar's shirt.



“…” Jaffar said nothing, just wrapping an arm tightly around Nino's shoulders. She cuddled in closer to him, eventually managing to quiet her crying to a dull sniffling. It was then that he asked quietly, “…Another nightmare?”



“Y-yes…I…it was…” Nino bit her lip, tears threatening to emerge from her eyes again as she attempted to tell Jaffar about her nightmare. It was unnecessary for her to tell him what her nightmare had been, though, for he knew. Ever since Sonia had told Nino about her real parents, and how they died, Nino had been reliving the moment of their deaths in her dreams each night.



“…” Jaffar sighed, his eyes returning to their half-closed state. Every night, Nino would wake up, upset from her dreams, and only Jaffar could comfort her. This was part of the reason Jaffar rarely slept at night; so he could watch over her. He owed her his life, for she was the reason he now had a life…a soul… It was because of her love. And he loved her back, with all his heart.



“Mm…thanks…Jaffar…” Jaffar then realized that Nino had cuddled into his lap and was very close to falling asleep. “…Jaffar?”



“…What is it, Nino?” Nino tilted her head up and whispered, “Jaffar…you promised…you'd never leave me…you won't…will you…?” Her head fell back down, her eyes closing as she fell asleep.



A tiny hint of a smile appeared at the corners of Jaffar's mouth as he placed a light kiss on Nino's forehead.



“…Yes…I'll always…be here.”



Owari



----------



So…uh…did you like it? I tried to make them in character, but I'm not sure if I really managed it. Sorry it was so horribly short. Comment please?

Avi: --hugs Karel--

Karel: --stab--

Avi: ;_;

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Soccergoddess14 on September 17, 2005, 11:53:09 PM

Soccergoddess14 on
Soccergoddess14awwwww, this is so sweet. and it is in character, avi17. i like these cute little fanfics like these. good job!

Lord_Ma-koto_Chaoying on May 10, 2005, 1:46:51 AM

Lord_Ma-koto_Chaoying on
Lord_Ma-koto_Chaoying(Yeah ! Finally I can read !)

This is... beautiful, Avi. I know that I repeat always the same thing... but sincerely, this is just beautiful.

Jaffar and Nino's relationship is just... magic. It's so beautiful and yet it lives in everyday life, that's what I saw in your writing.

I don't believe saying more is necessary... I said everything.


Lord Ma-koto

Lord_Ma-koto_Chaoying on April 29, 2005, 7:43:55 AM

Lord_Ma-koto_Chaoying on
Lord_Ma-koto_ChaoyingAvi... is it just me or I CAN'T see your story at all ? You know how much I like see art by you, so... could be give me a link so that I could read your story ?


Lord Ma-koto