Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Introduction

This is basically the same story (with a focus on the anime rather than the manga) as the real thing but with the focus on a character I added in.

Remember this focuses on my OC, you need to know the original story to fully understand this.

Chapter 1 - Introduction

Chapter 1 - Introduction
The door to the convenience store flew open. A man stormed in, waving a gun wildly.

“Everyone get down!” he screamed. “’Cept you,” he continued, motioning to a nearby teenage boy, “you get over here.”

The boy walked towards him, doing everything he could to keep from shaking. As soon as the boy had reached arm’s length, the man held his gun to the boy’s head. He then turned his attention to the cashier.

“I’m sure you see where this is going,” he said, “empty the register into a bag or you can have this kid’s death on your conscience.”

“Alright man, calm down,” the cashier said nervously, “Look, I’m putting the money into the bag.”

“Atta boy,” the crook snickered, “Just finish pu—”. He stopped suddenly, clutching his chest. His eyes grew wide as he gasped for air, and finally, fell to the floor, apparently dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zach Teeger, high school senior, was walking home from school, reflecting on the events of the day before.

“At any rate, it sure was lucky,” he thought to himself, “Guess I shouldn’t really obsess about it.”

Once he had reached his house, he went straight up to his room. He threw his bag on the floor and fell onto his bed, looking up at the ceiling. Sighing heavily, he sat back up and turned on his TV. He remembered that yesterday on the news they had said there was going to be a broadcast concerning the recent mass murder of criminals all over the world. Suddenly a picture with the single letter, L, appeared on the screen, and a mysterious voice spoke.

“Hello. My name is L. While it was announced that this broadcast was being aired to discuss the killings of criminals throughout the world, its true purpose was to find the location of the person responsible, who now goes by the name Kira. This is no longer necessary; however, as we have determined that he is living in the Kanto region of Japan. That is all.”

“Huh,” Zach said aloud,”So one person is responsible for all this. Well, whoever this Kira guy is, he’s got guts, I’ll give him that.” He lay back down on his bed. “I mean, he’s gotta be pretty careful if he doesn’t want to get caught. Hm?” He noticed a black notebook lying on his desk across the room.”I don’t remember leaving that there...”

Zach got up, walked across the room, and picked it up. “Death Note…” he read to himself, opening it, “How to use it. The human whose name is written in this note shall…die…name and face…heart attack…40 seconds…Is that supposed to be funny or something?...Guess mom thought I’d like it. It does sound interesting though,” he mused, flipping through the notebook. “What the hell?...just a couple of pages of rules and the rest is blank…what a joke,” he scoffed, tossing it aside and turning back to his bed.

“It’s no joke,” came a deep, raspy voice from near the window. Zach whipped around to see a skeletal creature staring back at him. “Who..no, what…what are you??” he screamed. “Relax,” the creature replied, “I’m a Shinigami; name’s Rek.”

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YumeXItachi on October 18, 2008, 7:46:57 AM

YumeXItachi on
YumeXItachiHm...
HM.....
I Do Have To Say That This Is Really Awesome Man :D
I Really Like It!
Sorry It Took So Long to Read :[
But It IS Awesome!! <3

blacksheeppoet on August 31, 2008, 7:09:45 AM

blacksheeppoet on
blacksheeppoetInteresting.... I must say that you've done a good job on this.

I'll make sure to read more of your story as much as I can XD

KelekiahGaladrian on August 27, 2008, 8:58:59 AM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianI have done what I said I would do. I finally finished going through comments and managed to make my way over here to read this. Yay! Interesting beginning. I like it. *thumbs up* Awesome. ^^

YoriXYamiForever on August 25, 2008, 12:05:49 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverYEAH! I'm so glad you decided to write this! ^^

The beginning is really catching and I can't wait to read more! Update soon please ^_^

Blackwolfmoon on August 25, 2008, 7:40:32 AM

Blackwolfmoon on
Blackwolfmoonawesome! definitely caught my attention =P can't wait to read more x3